To date, the wood industry is one of the most advanced areas. Products from waste wood are used in furniture production and construction.
The most popular are the OSB plates. They are used to make different designs.
Table of contents of the article:
- Advantages and disadvantages
- Features of finishing plates
- Cons of OSB plates
- Types of OSB and their characteristic differences
- Basic parameters of OSB
- Finishing material applications
- Photo examples of OSB slabs
Advantages and disadvantages
Finishing material consists of 90% of natural wood waste. When processed, they are pressed under the influence of high temperatures.
Joints of elements are connected with the help of water resistant resins. OSB board is composed of layers of waste. They are laid out in different directions to achieve strength of durability.
Features of finishing plates
- High level of strength.
- Homogeneous structure.
- High sound and heat insulation.
- Easy to install.
- Resistance to chemical and mechanical effects.
Cons of OSB plates
They include phenol, which adversely affects people's health. But if the production adhere to the norms, then the impact will be minimal.
Several types of finishing material do not have durability.
Types of OSB and their characteristic differences
Industry in our time is engaged in the production of more relevant types of plates.
1. OSB 1. They are used for the manufacture of furniture and their interior. They are produced with low density and poor quality criteria for strength and moisture resistance.
2. OSB 2. According to the characteristics refers to the medium quality. They already have a better density. Used for internal structures.
3. OSB 3. They are used for internal and external installation, and due to the quality - the designed elements will last for more than one year.
4. OSB 4. It is considered to be the best material. All indicators negatively proved.
Basic parameters of OSB
Plates from waste wood have different indicators. The most important thing to consider is the thickness. It can be from 8 to 30 mm. It is selected individually depending on what load will affect the OSB. The types of premises and atmospheric factors are taken into account.
Standard OSB slab sizes are 2500 * 1250 mm. But in the markets they exist quite different.
Finishing material applications
Practicality in combination with universality has given OSB popularity. It is used in many industries. Used as an independent coating, and as an additional element.
For indoor installation, it's just the best option.
Often used for repair on balconies.
Suitable for base under cover on the floor. Several layers of sheets are laid, and fixed with each other by building glue. For a longer service life, gaps are left to prevent defects during operation.
- The design of the hall in the apartment is a photo of interesting hall interior options
- Curtains in the hall - 160 photos of novelties
- Design of a one-room apartment 35 square meters. m. - 110 photos of an impeccable interior
When laying is carried out for the laminate, all irregularities are closely monitored. The boundaries of the sheets should be without deviations.
If mounting is carried out under linoleum, then for smoothness the finishing with the smallest thickness is used. The resulting slits are treated with hermetic means.
Plates are often used for self-coating. In such a case, the necessary additional protective top layer is required so that the service life is maximum. Protective agent will be the application of lacquer.
There is another option for using the finishing material OSB - for ceramic tiles. The base of the slabs should not move, so they secure it very reliably.
If you do not take into account even the slightest indications, then the coating will not bring joy. Naturally, the cost of repairs will increase significantly. Do not neglect this. If you can not cope with the task yourself, you can call the masters. Experts will work as quickly and as efficiently as possible.
- Design of Khrushchev - 115 photos of unusual interior ideas
- Mirror panel on the wall - 55 photos of ideas in the interior
- Kitchen interior - 100 photos of modern design
Photo examples of OSB slabs
- Design of ceilings from plasterboard - 140 photos of ideas of perfect design
- Paintings in the interior - 75 photos of beautiful design ideas
- Beautiful wallpaper for the walls - 170 photos of original ideas in the interior