When performing repair work in the bathroom, it should be borne in mind that this pleasure is quite expensive and requires maximum responsibility. It also takes a lot of time and energy.
Considering the expensive work of specialists, many prefer to perform repairs themselves. How to do a bathroom repair with your hands, without having any experience at all? Consider the main points that should be given special attention.
Table of contents of the article:
- Preparatory stage
- Select wallpaper for the bathroom and a bit about the floors
- Rough and clean room decoration
- Photo of the perfect repair in the bathroom with your own hands
Before you start the basic repair of the bathroom with your own hands, you need to make a plan of work that needs to be done. For example, decide on the replacement of the necessary elements of plumbing or a possible re-planning.
Further, try to draw a small sketch of those innovations that you would like to make, and you can also draw up an approximate list of costs that follow after the beginning of the repair work.
To carry out beautiful repairs in the bathroom, special attention is paid to its type, as the bathroom can be both separate and joint, while in the second case it will be necessary to take care of the "visibility" of pipes and risers.
The main types of finishing materials are:
- special waterproof paints;
- waterproof or liquid wallpaper;
- plastic panels;
- decorative plaster mixture;
- glass tiles, which is an innovation.
There are several nuances, which should pay special attention to the selection of materials.
1. Pipes. Perfectly suitable for laying water from a material such as polypropylene. You can consider such an option as a metal-plastic, but it will be much more expensive, although it is perfect for those places where there are a lot of bends. It is also important to know not only the inner but also the outer diameter.
2. Fittings and fittings. In this room it is possible to use only plastic fittings. This will allow you to avoid possible leaks even by connecting the pipes with a soldering iron.
3. Tile. Ideally suitable porcelain, although it is slightly more expensive tile, but its rough surface will help to protect you from possible falls. When buying, you need to check them by taking a few tiles from packs of different lots. When folded back and installed on a flat surface, the edge difference should not exceed one millimeter. Then it is necessary to fold them inward, but there should be no openings, bumps or kinks. When considering under the light of the front side of the tile, there should be a complete absence of clefts or divorces.
4. Glue and tools for tile work. Ideal for glue, which dries not earlier than 12 hours. By characteristics, a spatula is selected. Also, you should buy a tile cutter, a good diamond drill, and beacons in the form of plastic crosses. A flannel fabric will be a good helper, which is used during finishing works on the grouting.
Select wallpaper for the bathroom and a bit about the floors
There are only a few types of wallpaper for the bathroom:
All listed varieties can be seen on the photo of the repair in the bathroom.
It is better to choose the latter option, because it is a kind of plaster, they are easy to apply, and the resulting areas can be removed and repainted without problems.
As for the floor, here you can not do without a perforator, as it will have to get rid of the remains of the old mixture, after which it is necessary to wash the floor at least 3 times. In the presence of a small area, which occupies this room, you can make the floor, with the filling can be applied directly to the old floors.
The procedure of waterproofing is sufficient money, as special materials from polyester will be needed, while joints must be smeared with special mastic or by welding. The material on the perimeter of the walls must overlap, and in the corners it is enough to simply fold, but not cut. After that, you can already insert the doors, mainly, so that they open outward.
Rough and clean room decoration
First, it is necessary to engage in the placement of pipelines, which should be invisible after the completion of the repair work. At the moment, it is important to map out the places where hot and cold water will flow. The replacement must begin with sewer pipes, not forgetting the sealant for a reliable connection.
- Small bathroom 3 m²: 70 photos, ideas for lay-out and design
- Interior of a small bathroom - 115 photos of an ideally designed design
- Tile for the bathroom - photos of the best bathroom decoration ideas (115 ideas)
Next, you can begin to tie the floor, beforehand it is insulated, for this glass-magnesite slabs are perfect. After the ideal leveling of the floor by a breakdown, it must be brought to absolute smoothness with the help of a half-rub.
As for the plastering of walls, this procedure should be carried out exclusively on beacons, while the plaster is applied in two layers, the last of which must be thoroughly ground.
In order to avoid the formation of condensation, the ceiling should be insulated.
Of the several options for finishing is ideal stretch ceiling, but to do it you will need the help of a specialist.
By tradition, the walls are tiled, but porcelain stoneware is also suitable. It is also possible to use PVC panels, wallpaper or decorative plaster.
- Mosaic for a bathroom - 100 photos of ideas how to decorate a bathroom with mosaic
- Laying tiles in the bathroom - full step-by-step instruction with descriptions and photo examples
- Bath room Khrushchev - how to decorate a beautiful interior? 80 photos of ideas
Photo of the perfect repair in the bathroom with your own hands
- Suspended ceilings in the bathroom - 130 photo ideas of beautiful ceilings in the bathroom
- Stretch ceiling in the bathroom - expert advice, a review of species, photo examples.
- Bathroom furniture - 110 photo ideas of beautiful furniture in the bathroom interior