The bathroom is an important part of home comfort. In it, you become completely defenseless, exposing your flaws, solving "uncomfortable" physiological questions. Only in the bathroom you can relax, relax a little from child's noise and turmoil, troubles with a partner, work problems. Lained in the bath for a couple of hours, you can lose the weight of the piled up trouble, without even knowing what a huge number of them accumulated in a day. Entering the latrine, we seem to be in a new universe that belongs only to you. And this universe should be a stronghold of reliability and security. Brown color is ideal for bathroom decoration, if you pursue such goals. He looks spectacular and attractive, guarantees serenity, pacification, picturesque situation.
Brown reflects stability, respect for family traditions, maintaining an invariably sustainable way of life. He denies the need for everyday risks and, with all his appearance, speaks of certainty in meaningful values.
Pros and cons of the bathroom in brown tones
The design of a brown bathroom will conquer your heart literally at a glance.
Advantages of this color finish:
- giving the room a naturalness and authenticity;
- the formation of an environment comfortable for the eyes and the nervous system;
- creating a relaxing effect after a long, stressful day;
- visual increase in the room with light colors;
- Simplicity of selection of materials of the necessary color.
Think about these disadvantages:
- the apparent external simplicity of expensive furniture and plumbing;
- bathroom atmosphere of ordinary and mediocre;
- excessive emphasis on emerging shortcomings of the environment and pollution;
- narrowing of space due to dark tones;
- the emergence of reluctance to leave the comfort zone due to excessive comfort in the home environment.
Variety of brown hues
Based on the psychological perception of a person around the world, brown tones are categorized as warm and cold. Warm are represented by five species.
- Vanilla - a dulled version of yellow, darkened to brownish-beige.
- Ocher - clay shade, named after the natural dye. He is characterized by a golden ebb.
- Chocolate is the color of the cocoa beans. It looks decent and aristocratic at the expense of its depth.
- The saturated brown-orange is similar to the glare of the sun, covered with dark clouds during a bright sunset. From its use in the interior it is worth to refrain because of the obvious aggression.
- Camelopard shows a combination of reddish-coffee color.
Cold shades of brown are divided into four categories.
- Terracotta is based on a range of colors of a not unknown type of faience. There is a red-brown reflection.
- Brick color covers a wide range of shades, many derivatives of brown and red.
- Sepia has the color of dried plants. Looks stylish, but lifeless.
- Bistra inherent color of ash and notes, close to black.
The bright bathroom radiates cleanliness, looks spacious and welcoming. Beige-brown ceramics will remove the tone effect of a hospital or public restroom created by caustic white flowers. Under it harmoniously fit tiles of the color of melted milk.
Interior items in the tone of cream-brule will give pleasure to the tenderness and integrity of the image. A place of hygiene of light sand color ensures complete relaxation during everyday procedures. Wheaten is a symbol of fertility, will convince visiting guests that your habitation is a full cup. Caramel will make an originality in the design of the bathroom, in the mornings will add energy, and in the evening it will look exquisite and expensive. Light brown color will be noted with pacification. It is good for any size of the room and, regardless of mood, is pleasant to the eyes.
If you want to add solidity to the bathroom, you can experiment with dark colors. Cognac color will add to the repair of austerity and nobility. Chestnut will show off the solidity and practicality of the owners of the house. The shade of burnt coffee surrounds the room with passion and sexuality. The color of the Parisian mud will add elegance and become a key element of the style of decoration. Nut shade will bring closer the design to the natural, will decorate the bathroom under the tree. Close to black colors fit as decorative elements. The main thing is not to overdo it with their quantity. Stylishly look dark brown patterns or details of design. The elegance and screaming confidence combined with dark colors will give the walls a touch of metal.
Bordovye, rusty, red - the ruling shades. They look good, but they do not work well on the psyche, so they will quickly start annoying.
Tile - the main material of decoration
Bathroom walls are mostly tiled. This is a winning and ergonomic modification. The tile has an increased moisture protection, it is easy to wash. Glossy tiles, reflecting the light, make the room more spacious. The matte does not show splashes and divorces, which reduces the frequency of cleaning.See also: Design of a bathroom in a wooden house
If you plan to overlay tile and floor, take a closer look at the ribbed patterns. They minimize slipping and prevent injuries due to rushing or sloppy. There is an alternative to using a hollow design stone instead of a tile. It's beautiful, but mold can penetrate into the holes between the stones in time, if you have too much room humidity. It will be very difficult to remove it due to the specificity of the asymmetrical arrangement of the decorative stone. Patterns from contrasting tiles are vestiges of the past, but if two colors dominate, this option can look organically.
We decorate the ceiling and walls
When manipulating the walls, pay attention to the choice of the color of the mixture for the seams between the tiles. The color of the darker tiles will have an effect of visual volume, highlight each fragment of the mosaic. A light mixture will emphasize the purity of the bathroom, add to it pedantry and coldness. For small bathrooms in Khrushchev's "meter for two" are more suitable minimalist monochrome walls. The owners of a huge washroom have the opportunity to install decorative columns. This will add room splendor of decoration and give an impression of good quality and reliability. Cover the lower part of the walls with dark tiles, and the top - with light tiles. Thus, you will form a clear contrast, necessary for the freshness of the room and associated with the horizon line. The ceiling should be lighter than the walls, to lengthen them and optically stretch the room vertically.
Stretch ceilings - the best option for the bathroom because of their technical and external characteristics.
For a brown bathroom, the baroque decoration is good. Decorating walls and furniture with bronze and gold will make you feel like a king. Narochito luxurious style of the restroom will allow you to take a bath with your loved one, without spoiling the atmosphere of romance. The classic style will require a large investment of finance, but will pay off in full, thanks to a representative appearance.
Natural wood species guarantee the design of the room any shade of brown. To admirers of the expanded functionality of furniture and sanitary technicians the modernist style will perfectly fit. Ethno will show your respect for your roots or admiration for the characteristics of the culture of another civilization. Marine style will emphasize the importance of regular water procedures, make your bathroom a small affiliate of the majestic ocean. The country style is good for simplicity, not flashiness. For him, you can pick up unsuitable details of the interior, without losing the external harmony of the room.See also: Turquoise color in the interior - photo combination
We select furniture and accessories
When you decorate the bathroom, it is wise to act.
- First of all, decide on the plumbing. The functional component is always in priority.
- No less important is lighting. A crystal chandelier, a simple plafond or fluorescent lamps - depends on the chosen style and effect that you want to achieve. Do not forget about the lighting of mirrors and lockers.
- Get a mirror. It's simply impossible to deal with your appearance without this attribute. A small size room toilet allows you to hide the mirror on the entire wall.
- Next - the furniture. If you decide to give emphasis to plumbing - the dark situation will do. Light furniture will pay all attention to themselves. The size and capacity of the cabinets are determined by what kind of household items you are going to store in the bathroom. The material is at the mercy of the sanitary conditions of the room and its style.
- The last step will be the selection of accessories that emphasize the manner of the situation.
What colors are combined with brown
Brown - neutral color. With it, almost any shade will be combined. Adding a white color, you will achieve a luxurious atmosphere and an enormously expensive looking interior. By attaching yellow to brown, you will get cheerful and cheerful coloring, which encourages labor and new daily achievements. In an alliance with red coffee color will blaze with new colors, will kindle in you a fire of attractiveness and desirability. With green brown will embody natural motifs, will hook your primordial nature. The blue elements of the decor will strike the resemblance of your lavatory with the seashore, awaken the water element, and adjust to the proper mode for water procedures. Beige and peach shades will add a room of tenderness and airiness. Black and brown will look classically serious, differing in the scrupulousness of the details.
All the myths about brown boring are long overdue. Thousands of successful design experiments in brown shades indicate its competitiveness with a typical white bathroom color. Brown color will become for you a grail of stability and high quality. He will breathe new life into your restroom, will provide inexhaustible delight after each look at the bathroom situation.
Eyes quickly get used to a pleasant color scheme, but the mind will again and again admire the originality of the interior and be proud that you yourself have chosen this design. Brown color is suitable for any size of bathroom, full disclosure of each element in the composition of the room. It will be a source of inspiration for new initiatives in the field of designing your own housing and will have a positive impact on your emotional background.