In the bathroom, a modern person spends a little time, but it is the image of this room that can make a day, tuning in to a good mood and help to find harmony in the evening. Before getting the right emotions, we must find a compromise between personal preferences and the planned budget, not forgetting to take into account the area of the room. Create a beautiful interior, taking into account all the nuances, will help design the tiles in the bathroom.
Each species must have certain characteristics:
- Moisture resistance. Particular emphasis is placed on hygiene standards, because the development of bacteria, fungi in a particularly porous structure of the material is not included in the repair program. Separation of moisture resistance into 8 groups: for the design of the bathroom, samples 1, 2, 3 are considered optimal;
- Wear resistance. It is selected depending on the purpose of meaning. Special pictograms and strength classes will help you to understand yourself. Silhouette of the palm - it is suitable only for walls, soft material is sufficient, the first class is optimal, without overpayment for increased strength. The silhouette of the foot is the finish of the floor. Experts recommend stopping the choice on the second or third, without overpaying extra money, because after the fourth - the premium for durability will be significant, suggesting increased use in public places (airports, swimming pools);
- Coefficient of friction. The criterion is relevant for ceramic tiles used as flooring. To exclude the traumatic risk of sliding the bare feet on wet tiles, products of Class B are recommended;
- Resistance to household chemicals. Marking "AA" will provide protection from the aggressive environment of detergents, disinfectants;
- Exposure to ultraviolet radiation - absolutely not relevant, if there are no windows, as well as the characteristic "frost resistance".
Material of tiles
Regardless of the intended design of the tile, in terms of its functionality, it is divided into three types: wall, floor, decorative elements, each of which is made of completely different materials. Such simple at first glance ceramics can be divided into 2 types depending on the number of firing: monocotture (one firing), bicotature (two stages). Several characteristics of the latter variety often provokes a positive choice in their favor: low cost, ready collections with decorative elements and layout for facing.
Clinker is gaining in popularity - it has an amazing ability to maintain its appearance, strength, durability in any conditions. Some design ideas (loft style, ethno), can ideally be realized only with the help of clinker. Is able to change the visual geometry of the bathroom room only with an alternative way of laying out.
Ceramic granite, being a technical method of production of a variety of ceramics, has long and successfully replaced stone according to external characteristics. Like stone tiles, it will last a very long time, if you properly perform the installation work, the price for which will be significantly more expensive than when dressing the walls of the bathroom in the tile. It is necessary to take care of the renovation of such a tile in a few years - it may be necessary to grind the stone.See also: Bathroom design in loft style - interior photo
To choose a tile taking into account key features of a material the table will help:
|The maximum possible range of colors||The price aspect (it is necessary to be spent)||Wear resistance||Using|
for all surfaces
Size and shape
The size of the tile is important for the design of a spacious bathroom, and for a small one it is of immediate importance. Professional designers are advised to always adhere to the following recommendations when choosing a tile size that can change even the geometry of space:
- Using плитки в виде прямоугольника сторонами 3×2: расположение набок, если необходимо добиться, чтобы помещение выглядело визуально шире;
- Large tiles on a small surface - fit only a few pieces in a row. Most often, additional seams are required: the case of crushing, dividing tiles in difficult areas, corners. Gold standard of aesthetics of wall surfaces - at least 6 pieces in a row;
- Aesthetically beautiful, when all the taps, buttons, holders are located in the center of the tile segment;
- Dimensions of floor coverings range from a minimum of 2.5 * 2.5 cm to an impressive 60 * 60 cm. The stylish parquet floor tile design in an extravagant bathroom has a non-standard size of the laying material: 36.5 * 12 cm;
- For fans of the classics, but with a modern bias, the designers came up with a combination of square, identical in design, but different in size segments.
Too small a tile size automatically increases the number of stitches. They need moisture resistant grout and timely, constant antiseptic treatment.
The modern design of the bathroom often involves the use of tiles of different shapes. Rectangles, squares and bricks are just a small part of the assortment that tile collections have. Curvilinear edges allow the curly tile to become the main decoration in the "wet zone".
Bright reception: the increase in contrast is achieved due to the decoration of the accent wall with curly tiles of catchy colors, for example in the form of honeycombs, against the background of classic patterns of calm, neutral tones. Amazing hexagons became one of the main breakthroughs of the year, as they found application in a wide variety of stylistic performances.
The design of the bathroom implies the same huge choice of stylistic directions, as in the interior solutions of other rooms. Modern collections of ceramic tiles allow you to carry out any, but still the most common is the classic. Advantages: suitable for large, full-size and small bathrooms.
Color execution: the standard, no-lose option is the design in two tones of a related palette, with the dark component located at the bottom. For demarcation, use a border that performs the binding function of color execution. Add a lively bathroom interior using decorative edge in the following performance:
- Floral ornament;
- Geometric pattern;
- Complex photoprint.
Color classics of the genre - shades of white, blue, beige, adding gold and bronze as accents.
Particular luxury will bring elements of the Mediterranean style, as it is characterized by decorative moments in the form of panels, mosaics. Compensated by a calm color scheme - the natural colors typical for the coast in the bathroom: natural greens, blue, sand, deep terracotta.
Fans of maximum practicality, functionality should pay attention to modern styles, for example high-tech. Main colors: white, gray, black, silver. Reflect modernity will help individual elements - tiles in the form of metal inserts, mirror ceramics. For Art Nouveau is characteristic design with the use of panels, the active inclusion of mosaics, not only on the walls, but also the finishing of sanitary ware, mirrors, shower zones. Color performance can be calm, done with pastel shades, but accents are always bright.
The design in oriental style is gaining popularity - the design gives the necessary exotic, but it is dosed: in a bathroom the person spends not so much time, as in other rooms. Therefore, you can use intricate motifs, especially bright tones of red, yellow, green, turquoise. The Egyptian and Arabic style can also fit the "wet zones" of a small size, if the ornaments (hieroglyphs, Turkish "cucumbers", other characteristic details) are used dosed or only on curbs. Actual design will be for those who gravitate to the abundance of gold in the interior - here you can implement boldly and in any quantities, without fear of bad taste, "kitsch". Therefore, those who love "richer", will approach Baroque, art deco with their pretentiousness, lack of modesty.
Become more romantic and peaceful will help calm retro, country. The appearance of a "textile" tile will help to realize these stylistic trends. Eco and ethno styles also do not remain without attention of the developers of collections. Tiles with imitation snake, crocodile skin and want to touch. It especially looks successfully against a background of calm, natural shades, especially fashionable in the season:
- Earthy, beige;
- Shades of gray, including graphite - "new" gray;
- Edible: truffle, cappuccino, mocha;
- Green, especially the color of the young foliage.
Choosing the style you like, many are guided by the characteristic colors peculiar to each one individually. But in addition to choosing a color palette of tile, we must take into account the overall harmonious combination with specific plumbing, the area of the room. A black and white monochrome will come to the rescue, which will not lose its popularity for a long time.
The versatility of this "non-color" solution lies in its performance for various stylistics of bathroom design:
- Minimalism, high-tech - actual conciseness;
- Gothic, neobarokro, glamor - the addition of gold elements, an abundance of decor, shiny bricks.
A simple solution will be a design in one color key: this will avoid additional thought over of every detail, especially careful selection of furniture, as in the case of contrasting performance. Calm, light colors will make it possible to perform elegantly elegant arrangement. Bright colors, such as red, find admirers of the art deco style, oriental, avant-garde, but not only the choice of tiles, but also the totality of all other items of bathroom, accessories, decor will help to achieve an organic atmosphere here. To increase the brightness, it is always possible to add depth to the texture of the plate material.
When buying tiles, they are guided by adding to the calculated amount of 15% of the material. In the case of unforeseen moments, which are so famous for any repair, it will be problematic to acquire a similar one - the probability of mismatch of shades is high.
Decor and other exotic
Standard collections include the inclusion of decorative elements, but you can choose among all the variety that is able to transform beyond recognition the standard, typical interior:
- Mosaic. Looks beautifully around the doorway, as a continuation of the design idea. Small inclusions have practically no effect on the budget and visual, rather insidious decrease in the volume of the room;
- Friezes. The design of special sites - for example, the shell zone, will add a twist to the interior;
- Mirror segments. Undoubtedly, it will add space and problems for care and polishing.
All this beauty can be placed opposite the door, at the level of human eyes or slightly lower (150-160 cm) - the maximum concentration of attention.
The maximum expressiveness of design can be achieved with the help of non-standard options, the variety of which is amazing:
- Panel. Ideal for a large, medium-sized area, the opportunity to create an original, exclusive version without harm to the budget;
- Majolica - a sort of bicotry, created manually, with a certain ornament and amazing blue color, which allows designers to dress the walls in an exclusive "clothing";
- Faience - for the antique, vintage style, country is simply irreplaceable;
- Porcelain is an expensive material, but it allows one to realize certain ideas;
- Glass - a more modern trend, allowing a fashionable combination with a transparent shower cubicle, partitions, making the room airy, spacious;
- Cotto - a grade of monocoature, more often a special color of red clay will bring in the interior of the bathroom identity, authenticity;
- Tree. Successful imitation will not violate the stylistics, for example, the eco-interior of the whole apartment or house. Natural colors contribute to maximum relaxation, allowing analogy with the spa.
Photocell and other technologies
Special attention should be paid to modern technologies that have captured the segment of the tile market. Sublimation, decal, UV printing allows you to create unique designs that meet all the requirements put forward to conventional, classical performances:
- High stability;
- Excellent color rendition;
- Limit sharpness for any size.
A clear advantage - you can order an individual drawing on your own selected material. You can enter a photocell in the bathroom of any size, and even increase the space due to the 3D effect, creating a third dimension: a marine theme with ocean expanses. Convex compositions: undulating ridges, shapes, oblique contour profiles are simply created to become the central decoration of the bathroom. On their background, cranes and fittings look special. Competently selected 3D-patterns will fit into any style, from minimalism to glamor: husky for selfie is provided against the background of such walls.
5 nuances of decorating a small bathroom
- Gloss is an additional function of reflecting light, but some owners of a completely glossy bathroom can bring discomfort with glare;
- The optimal size of the tile segments: a square - 20 * 20, 30 * 30; rectangle - 15 * 30, 30 * 60. Consider the shape of the bathroom - narrow or square;
- Refuse porcelain stoneware - this is a very difficult material for cutting, and in a small room, crushing will strike the eye;
- White undoubtedly adds volume, but can provoke associations with the hospital. Avoid this help bright accents or use of alternatives in the form of inclusions of marble surfaces;
- The blue color scheme will help to feel freedom and infinity, naturalness is the color of the sky and the sea. Add depth to allow the inclusion of dark blue, marsala.
With the times
Having studied the latest trends in design interiors and novelties offered by manufacturers, you can create a unique bathroom, breaking the usual patterns. Understanding the importance of the bathroom interior in the overall design of the entire house, encourages the creation of exceptional types of tiles.
This year brought the maximum variety of imitations:
- Simulation of wallpaper texture;
- Metal, which immediately found application in the style of high-tech, minimalism;
- Improved collections for wood, imitation of aged brick, which is relevant for loft, rustic style;
- Cotton, satin, embroidery - considering novelties, it's hard to believe that this is a tiled material.
As for specific performances, the new season shows a variety: a reserved Scandinavian style, optical illusions of futuristic bathroom interiors. An undoubted trend is still ethno-motives with imitation of hand-painted, simultaneously emphasizing the cosmopolitanism of the owners of such bathrooms. Fans of harmonious and laconic arrangements will like the art of origami, reflected by characteristic squares.
His followers will find tiles in the style of graffiti in partnership with a monochrome toned. Fans of porcelain stoneware will like the decision of manufacturers to produce this popular material in segments of new dimensions: 30 * 90 cm. All this will encourage you to find your way of customizing the bathroom with the help of such standard material as tiles.