Stretch ceilings are the best option for decorating different rooms. What stretch ceilings are suitable for a bathroom, let's look at it together.
Table of contents of the article:
- Rational choice
- Choice of colors
- From what create stretch ceilings
- There are small drawbacks.
- Advantages and quality features
- What to foresee in order not to be mistaken
- Fashion trends and recommendations of designers
- A photo
Manufacturers of stretch ceilings offer consumers a variety of options. They vary in color, pattern, texture, material and price. Companies from Germany and Belgium, China and France, including Russia, are constantly expanding the range. Undoubtedly, the best and quality recognized French and German versions, the next in the ranking are Belgian films. Budget versions are produced by Chinese factories.
A distinctive feature of the German and French films is a small width, only 2 meters, other manufacturers produce 4 meter film. Therefore, when selecting, it is necessary to take into account such features.
Choice of colors
There are several principles applied:
- In ton of decorative frieze.
- The main shade of ceramic tiles.
- Color matching furniture.
- Drawing-blende contributing to the expansion of space.
From what create stretch ceilings
Polyvinyl chloride film is the basis for creating stretch ceilings, it is pulled on a special frame, resulting in a plastic, but very dense surface. The advantages are obvious. A perfectly flat ceiling is produced quickly and accurately. Especially popular are seamless decorations.
There are small drawbacks.
- Stretch ceilings can not be installed in unheated rooms, as they burst and lose their properties at temperatures below + 5 ° C.
- In large areas, the canvas has to be glued together. As a result, the seams can be noticeable and spoil the general entourage. But using a film with satin texture, this defect can be leveled.
Advantages and quality features
If there is a question: do stretch ceilings in the bathroom? The answer is unequivocal, yes. Consider why:
- Such ceilings can withstand sufficiently large loads in the event of water leakage from the upper floor.
- A wide range of colors, almost unlimited opportunity to create various drawings.
- Various textures: perforated and matte, glossy and embossed, silk and under the skin, marble or wood, textured plaster and a mirror surface.
- Correct installation sequence
On the question of whether it is possible to use stretch ceilings in the bathroom as a decoration? Answer: yes. However, it should be noted that in this case, amateur work is unacceptable. The help of experts is necessary, as for a trouble-free operation, correct installation is important, including:
- Installation (strictly in level) of the mounting profile, which is fixed with an interval of 10 or 15 cm.
- The special parts are placed under the lighting fixtures.
- Pre-prepared cloth is suspended from corners, fixed in the profile. All work is done with the help of a special apparatus, the so-called gun, which heats the cloth and makes it more plastic.
- The last stage: installation of decorative friezes.
What to foresee in order not to be mistaken
When installing the profile, do not touch electrical wires. To prevent the formation of gray areas on the canvas, it is important to locate the luminaires evenly. Do not use abrasive cleaners during operation. Otherwise, the canvas will be spoiled.
Fashion trends and recommendations of designers
Stretch ceilings are a favorite material for designers, since they allow to realize unique projects. It is easy to organize multi-level designs, an exclusive arrangement of lighting elements. The color scheme is almost unlimited, which is confirmed by the photo of the stretch ceiling in the bathroom.
It is easy to create a starry sky or a floral decor. It is easy to choose a pattern of consonant decorative tiles. Priority in small rooms are reflective surfaces that visually increase the ceiling and dimensions of the room.
Stretch ceilings are not an obstacle to the installation of various lighting fixtures: spotlights, ceiling chandeliers, since the mounting kits have special elements for lighting fixtures.
As a result, such ceilings become an ideal option for decorating a bathroom room of any size and style.
- Small bathroom 3 m²: 70 photos, ideas for lay-out and design
- Interior of a small bathroom - 115 photos of an ideally designed design
- Tile for the bathroom - photos of the best bathroom decoration ideas (115 ideas)
- Mosaic for a bathroom - 100 photos of ideas how to decorate a bathroom with mosaic
- Laying tiles in the bathroom - full step-by-step instruction with descriptions and photo examples
- Bath room Khrushchev - how to decorate a beautiful interior? 80 photos of ideas
- Suspended ceilings in the bathroom - 130 photo ideas of beautiful ceilings in the bathroom
- Bathroom furniture - 110 photo ideas of beautiful furniture in the bathroom interior
- Shower cabins - 80 photos of the best bathroom design with a shower room