In order for a gazebo in the chalet style to appear on the site, you should first learn the basic principles and rules for its construction, as well as the history of its origin.
Initially, such buildings were found only in the Alpine mountains and were meant not so much for people's lives as for temporarily sheltering from the long weather. Due to the fact that the design of the house assumes a wide roof and a solid stone foundation, such houses were reliably protected from possible bad weather: snowfalls, snowstorms and drifts. Later people appreciated the reserved and majestic design of the chalet, its some romanticism and began to use it for the construction of summer houses and arbors.
The chalet-style chalet is built of an old log house. The spacious building will be an elegant decoration of any courtyard.
Functional decoration of the arbor in the style of the chalet was a stove-fireplace.
A glazed gazebo in the style of a chalet is also suitable for winter holidays. Properly selected lighting makes the situation mysterious and romantic.
In this article, read:
- 1 Features of the style and construction of the Alpine chalet
- 2 Methods to make an old tree
- 2.1 Thermal
- 2.2 Mechanical
- 3 Winter gazebo in the style of the chalet with your own hands. Video
- 4 Pergolas in the style of a chalet - luxury of a rural color
Features of style and construction of the Alpine chalet
- All projects of buildings include a very large sloping or four-slope roof extending far beyond the basement; sometimes its rays reach 1.5 meters. This serves as additional protection of the house itself from the weather, and also creates an additional indoor space around the gazebo. And thanks to a small angle of the roof, the snow lingers on it for a long time, giving extra heat to the house.
- In the buildings in the Alpine style there are necessarily very wide, unusual cornices for ordinary houses.
- As a material for the roof, you can use either metal roofing or flexible roofing. If there is a desire to make a roof of natural clay tiles, then it should be remembered that it is quite heavy, and, accordingly, it is necessary to strengthen the entire structure of the arbor well, which can increase material costs.
- Developing the design of a gazebo in the style of a chalet, one must also take into account the fact that the primary colors here are the color of ancient dark wood and gray stone.
A modern gazebo in the style of the chalet is finished with natural stone. A creative solution for the design of the landscape structure - pots with greens.
A wooden frame is the most suitable material for making an arbor for an infield in the style of a chalet. The roof made of terracotta tiles looks organically on the background of an aged tree.
- For the construction of a gazebo in the chalet style, only natural materials are used: stone and wood. However, such projects are quite expensive, because in the modern world the stone is replaced with foam concrete and only the finish is made of natural gray stone or from a tile imitating a stone - everything depends on financial possibilities.
- In the walls and ceiling of the arbor, open massive wooden beams should be used.
- The design of the arbor means a wooden, perfectly polished floor, which is not painted, but simply covered with varnish, so that the structure of the tree is clearly visible. However, if desired, the floor can be made of gray stone - this also does not contradict the rules.
- The most important thing in the chalet is a fireplace, a fireplace or a tent stove. It is the hearth that is the semantic center of the arbor, which should be taken into account when developing the design of the building. The fireplace is made exclusively of dark gray stone and is an integral part of the alpine chalet.
A dark gazebo made of wood in the style of a chalet is a popular choice for modern suburban real estate owners.
A fairy-tale gazebo in the style of a chalet is built of a light beam. To the gazebo lead the paths of granite tiles.
- Columns of the gazebo are partially or completely erected from stone, you can also make a stone one of the walls.
- The interior decoration is rather ascetic: wooden chairs and table, wooden shelves. To decorate the gazebo, ancient engravings and simple paintings in wooden frames are used. The design of the gazebo in the style of the chalet does not involve a large number of flowers, curtains, bedspreads and bright ornaments. Everything should be in the spirit of minimalism.
- The entrance to the chalet is usually decorated with a gray or dark gray stone, and it should go east: in this case in the summerhouse all day long it will be very light, as it should be a real Alpine house.
- The design of the house or gazebo does not allow the use of materials such as metal and plastic.
- The best drafts of the arbor imply, of course, the use of a natural coniferous tree, which especially grow old.
The elegant simplicity of an open gazebo in the style of a chalet looks organically in a luxurious, cozy garden.
The chalet-style chalet is furnished with creative furniture from a wooden frame.
Methods to make an old tree
When using this method, the wood is first treated with protective compounds with flame retardants. Then, on open fire, it is burned until a characteristic structure appears on the tree. After that, the deposit from the wood is scraped and it is treated with varnish.
The style of the chalet can also be elegant. Functional solution - a small podium for a gazebo made of granite tiles.
A winter gazebo in the style of a chalet is an ideal solution for designing a suburban area.
This method can be used only for coniferous trees, because they have more clearly separated layers in the structure of wood into soft and hard wood. With rigid metal brushes, soft layers are scraped off the wood, after which only solid, with a beautiful structure, are left, which are already covered with varnish.
Alpine chalet is an excellent solution for a summer cottage or gazebo, you only need to think carefully about its design, trying not to violate the basic rules.
Such a structure will perfectly fit into the plan of the site, will last for many years, it will always be cozy and beautiful.
Dense vegetation around a small gazebo in the style of the chalet makes the atmosphere magical and mysterious.
An open gazebo in the style of a chalet has an uncomplicated design that can be assembled by one's own hands.