Everyone living in a one-room apartment understands that a small space must be filled with the mind and to the maximum. Therefore, before finishing it is important to clearly think over the interior of a one-room apartment, to allocate a place for children, and for rest, and for work. Not everyone can do it themselves, and this article will tell you what the interior design of a one-room apartment is, what methods of zoning and decoration are in fashion today.
1. Design of a one-room apartment in the style of minimalism
The minimal amount of furniture and decor items, as well as general restraint of the finish, is the best way to make a one-room interior look spacious and elegant. For greater effect, use mirror surfaces that visually enlarge the room.
Tip: use "transformers" to reduce the number of pieces of furniture. For example, a wardrobe or sofa bed, folding or sliding tables, a sofa with a built-in table top and shelves
2. Zoning the interior of a one-room apartment without partitions
To separate the interior of a one-room apartment into functional areas, it is not necessary to use walls or plasterboard partitions. The aforementioned furniture-transformer will allow the living room to simultaneously act as a bedroom.
The kitchen can be combined with the living room, but at the same time separated from it by a bar counter, which at the same time can act as a dining area and an "island".
Floor shelves and cabinets can come in handy when you need to separate a children's area, home office or bed. However, with this role will perfectly cope and room curtains.
In a one-room studio apartment for visual zoning space, you can apply a variety of finishing materials. For example:
- Kitchen tile;
- Guest area - laminate / linoleum;
- Bedroom - carpet.
Even more emphasize the transition will help different wallpapers for walls and ceiling coverings.
To find out how you can turn a one-bedroom apartment into a "two-piece", read our article. m.
3. Color design of a one-room apartment in 2017
It is believed that for the design of a small apartment does not fit bright or very dark colors. There is a tradition that one-room interior almost always has light walls and a ceiling. However, in a modern studio apartment or with minimalist design, when the room is not littered with extra things and decor, it is quite permissible to experiment with more saturated colors. The main thing to remember is that in a small space it is better to avoid small patterns and a large number of details.
Using the combination chart below, you can create harmony in your one-bedroom apartment.
4. Modern interior design of a one-room apartment - ideas from 13 photos
A few more tips that will be useful to you when you are going to do repair and interior design of a one-room apartment:
- Do not overload the space with various unnecessary things. Buy cupboards, sofas, beds, ottomans and other furniture with built-in compartments for storing bed linen and other items.
2. In small spaces on windows it is recommended to hang transparent tulle or short, for example, Roman or roller blinds.
3. In a one-room apartment there are few doors and this is its plus. However, in such an interior it is important to pay attention to the arrangement of furniture. Get more ideas for this in the article How to arrange furniture in the hall - with a photo of the living rooms before and after the rearrangement.
4. By combining the kitchen with the living room, you can allocate space for a separate bedroom or a children's room. The easiest way to do this is by cutting down the area of the kitchen and dining area. So, you can use a corner kitchen set, and replace the sill with a countertop.
5. If the building standards allow, then a bathroom in a one-room apartment is better to make combined and instead of a bath to install a shower booth.
At last we offer you several photos of one-room interiors for inspiration:
Also read: Design of one-room apartment for a family with a child - 40 photos