Want to fill the bedroom with warmth, elegance and add a touch of romance? Do you have vintage, antique or artificially aged items of furniture or decor at home? So why do not you try to embody a very interesting and fashionable style - the shekby chic? Learn from our article, what is attractive is the bedroom in the style of the cheby chic, how to choose furniture and decor, and see 30 photo interiors!
What is attractive is a bedroom in the style of a chic chic
Style cheby chic appeared in England in the 80's, when Rachel Ashwell tried to "revive" the ancient objects of the twentieth century. The very name "shabby" (shabby, shabby) gives a certain idea of how this interior design looks like. Its main features are vintage furniture with characteristic scratches, scuffs and other signs of wear, as well as old or obsolete decor objects - lush fabrics, laces, paintings, figurines, chandeliers and vases from past times.
Also read: 7 most popular interior styles for 2017
The interior of the bedroom in the style of shebbie chic has a special romantic and relaxed atmosphere, which is perfect for rest and dreams. The impression intensifies with light and pastel tones (soft pink, mint, beige, pale blue, ivory
Bedroom chebbly chic: how to choose furniture and decor
Let's enumerate the most characteristic interior items that you can use when decorating a bedroom in the style of a shebbie chic:
- Elegant forged or worn wooden bed (possibly with chipped and peeling paint);
- Dressing table in classic style;
- Old buffet or wardrobe, painted in light color with the effect of rubbing;
- Unusual bedside tables, which can differ from each other and stand out against the background of the design of the bed;
- Curtains and bed linens with floral patterns, ruffles and lace trim;
- Lush fur, antique candlesticks, chandeliers and paintings that will bring an element of "chic";
- Floor lamps or table lamps with shades, bouquets of dry or fresh flowers, old books, postcards, mirrors within the framework, macrame and other vintage decor.
Here are just a few examples of how the bedroom can be decorated with a chic chic:
Also read: How to "grow old" furniture yourself
Interior of a bedroom in the style of a shebbie chic - 12 photos
The style of the cheek chic is closely intertwined with such styles as retro, rococo, provence and baroque, so in its design it is often possible to catch their notes. Make sure of this by looking at the next portion of the photo of the bedrooms in different manifestations of the style of the chic chic!
Also read: Bedroom in Provence style - 30 photo interiors