The table top in the kitchen set is a solid table top. When choosing it, you should pay attention to the quality of the material and the dimensions of the product. The value has a properly selected height of the structure.
There are various types of kitchen countertops. At the same time, the choice of the model depends not only on the desires of the owners, but also on financial possibilities.
The chosen model should not only be functional, but also be in harmony with the overall style of the interior. The best option if the surface of the countertop will be combined with decor elements or a bar counter.
- Features of the choice of countertops
- Kitchen Countertop Design
- Popular types of countertops
Features of the choice of countertops
In modern kitchen sets often used a single table top, which covers several floor cabinets or pedestals. This method reduces the number of joints and creates a one-piece set. In the countertop is mounted hob, sink and even extractor or fryer.
The main purpose of the countertop is the working surface for the cook, therefore the material must meet the following requirements:
- Easy care and resistance to aggressive detergents.
- Resistant to increased humidity.
- Ability to withstand mechanical stress and increased strength.
With the right approach, the table top harmoniously integrates the interior components into one.
Kitchen Countertop Design
Even popular models of countertops should be harmoniously combined with the general style of the interior. An interesting solution is the design of the kitchen interior with a brick wall. The furnishings will be complemented by a countertop made of artificial stone. This option is suitable for kitchens in the classical style.
At all times, products from solid wood are popular. They are suitable for classical kitchens and country-style rooms.
But for a room in high-tech style the best option will be a model of stainless steel. Also for rooms in the style of minimalism and high-tech options are suitable for glass or artificial stone.
Table tops made of MDF and fiberboard are distinguished by democratic style and are produced in a wide range of colors and stylistic ornaments.
The following popular invoices are applied in certain interiors:
- The glass table top fits most interiors. Similar designs are combined with skinned glass.
- Surfaces made of natural stone are used in the Art Nouveau style or in the classical style. Marble will give the kitchen a refined and noble look. Granite of a red shade will add depth to the interior, and gray will add solidity.
- Natural wood is welcomed in the style of ecology or country
An important factor in choosing a countertop is the selection of a color palette and patterns.
The table tops of the following colors are popular:
- Light colors suitable for a small room. They help create a single space without clear boundaries. Worktops of pink or peach tones decorate the cold or dark kitchen.
- Bright orange or yellow colors are used if the design of the room is made in colorful shades. Monochrome surface of bright color will create a color accent, even in black and white interior.
- The kitchen in the classical style will be complemented with a white countertop, and a high-tech style room will be decorated with a glossy surface made of stainless steel in gray.
When choosing a color, it is worth considering that the shade of the table top can be combined not only with wall coverings, but also with a kitchen apron, furniture or curtains.
Popular types of countertops
There are many materials for the manufacture of countertops. But some materials are in great demand.
Among the popular are the following models:
- Acrylic models differ presentable appearance and effective color palette. Quality is characterized by kitchens made of acrylic pluses and minuses, which are worth knowing before purchase. Products made of acrylic are easy to clean and do not absorb foreign smells.
- Worktops in stainless steel are characterized by strength and resistance to moisture, vapors and household chemicals.
- Particleboard, finished with laminate or plastic, is considered an economical option. The advantage of the model is the low price and resistance to humidity. Such material allows simulating more expensive analogues: wood, leather or stone.
- Stylishly looks table top made of artificial stone, pluses and minuses, which should be considered before buying. Such models create a respectable look of the kitchen. They are durable and at the same time are much cheaper than the designs of natural stone.
- Variants of glass have anti-allergic properties. In addition, these countertops are characterized by strength and a rich choice of colors.
Beautiful and functional countertop harmoniously fit into the interior of the kitchen and will complement the furniture design.