Before choosing furniture, you need to familiarize yourself with the interior features in a classic style. Classics has the following characteristics: accuracy, symmetry and luxury.
- The main features of the classic style for the living room
- Features of furniture selection in a classic interior?
- How to arrange furniture in a classic living room?
The main features of the classic style for the living room
The living room is the room in which all the residents of the house spend their time. The interior of the living room is decorated in a classic style, if the room is spacious and has the right shape. The room is suitable for a light color scheme and gilding. You can also use modeling. There are textile accessories, furniture from expensive wood and a fireplace. It is recommended to use mirrors in the interior.
The following features of the classical style are distinguished:
- Use of focal points. They are the main objects around which the composition is built. It can be a fireplace or sofa in classic style.
- The presence of straight lines and regular geometry.
- Application in the interior of several lighting sources.
- For finishing only natural materials are used.
- The color palette mainly consists of warm shades: sand, olive, terracotta and peach. Never use the game in contrast.
- Acquisition of antiques. This is an expensive design, but without the use of extra pomposity.
- The windows are decorated not only with transparent curtains, but also with dense stylish curtains.
The use of different shades makes it possible to realize unusual optical effects. When combining a light ceiling and a dark floor, the living room will visually appear higher. The use of light colors in the decoration of the walls expands the room.
Features of furniture selection in a classic interior?
Choosing furniture in the living room of the classical style, the following parameters are taken into account:
- functionality of furniture;
- the area of the room;
- harmonious combination of classic furniture and wallpaper;
- the color scheme of the interior.
In the living room, chairs, a sofa, a chest of drawers, a wall and coffee tables are used.
All the furniture in the classical style has the following characteristics:
- The products are made of natural facing materials: metals, luxurious upholstery fabric and stones.
- The furniture base is made of natural wood: walnut, mahogany, oak or cherry.
- The color of the furniture is olive, milky, gray or brown.
- The items are hard to decorate and massive.
In the classic interior looks soft furniture. This chair, sofa, chairs and sofa. Furniture can be covered with a cloth with geometric and floral prints and with silkscreen.
Modular furniture is widely used in this interior. For the living room it is necessary to choose a composition from the closet, chest of drawers, table, chairs and armchair.
The advantage of light furniture is that it expands the space.
How to arrange furniture in a classic living room?
It is important to arrange the furniture correctly. In the central part there is a rest area. It contains a sofa and armchairs with expensive fabric upholstery. Near the walls there are sideboards and an office. Objects of antiques, tables and openwork chairs are also used. The room can complement the luxurious wallpaper in classic style.
It is worth paying attention to high-quality lighting. The chandelier is in the center of the room. It is made of forging and various pendants made of crystal.
To organically fit furniture into the interior it is worth following certain recommendations:
- Creation of an entertainment zone. This is the use of various household appliances.
- The presence of the dining area, if combined with the dining room.
- Unity in the execution of color design. All shades in the interior should be harmoniously combined.
- Unity of subjects. It is not necessary to complement the classical interior with baroque or rococo furniture.
Classic interior will look in large rooms from 20 meters. If the room is small, then you should not buy the entire collection of furniture. You can pick up a few items that will become an accent in your interior. You need to think about good lighting. For this, a chandelier and several lamps are used.
It is not recommended to focus all the furniture in one place. If you arrange it in different corners, it will emphasize the spaciousness of the room.Photogallery Total | 6 photos