Plaid is considered a universal accessory that will decorate any interior. This is a standard textiles, which is used as a cape on a sofa or bedspread.
Plaid will allow to emphasize the chosen style of the interior and will give the room a cosiness and warmth.
To choose quality textiles you need to decide on the size and material.
- Basic rules for choosing textiles
- How to use a plaid in the interior
Basic rules for choosing textiles
Textiles in the interior can influence the perception of space. The house without fabric accessories is distinguished by emptiness. Fabric gives a cozy room and creates a unique color in the design.
There are standard rules for choosing textiles:
- Light shades in materials visually expand space, and dark ones reduce.
- Textile products with bright ornaments distract attention from massive furniture designs.
- A small window is decorated with light curtains that exceed the size of the window opening.
- For wall and floor coverings textiles with vertical stripes increase the space in height, and with horizontal width.
It is worth considering that each style is selected a certain number of accessories. Plaid for the living room in the style of the chalet will differ from the product for the room, decorated in a classic style.
How to choose a plaid
Choose a quality plaid that fits into the interior and gives coziness.
The following recommendations will help:
- It is worth to find out: what are the tissues of the rug. And choose a natural or synthetic material.
- The surface should not be tightened and worn.
- The edges of the product are processed. Staining is uniform.
- Textiles made of natural wool should not crumble.
- For a children's room are purchased products made of cotton.
- If the color is not striking, this indicates the quality of the material and the resistance to washing.
A cashmere blanket will fit into the bedroom. As it differs with a soft and soft structure. Luxury fur products are used in the interior of art deco or ethnic.
Plaids are divided into two types - they are synthetic products and natural material. When choosing a material, do not believe your hands. Soft and fluffy products are made of acrylic and polyester.
Synthetic products have certain advantages:
- affordable price;
- softness to the touch;
- ease of care and resistance to frequent washing;
- suitable for allergy sufferers.
By the minuses can be attributed the rapid roll-off of the product and the loss of appearance.
Plaids made of wool are characterized by warmth and comfort.
The material has the following positive qualities:
- Do not need frequent washing, since the material has the ability to self-clean;
- is characterized by durability;
- has healing properties: improves blood circulation and relieves muscle fatigue;
- plaid absorbs moisture well and remains dry;
- Wool has comfort and allows the body to breathe.
The disadvantages include high price and the ability to provoke an allergy.
The following synthetic products are distinguished:
- Plaids from acryle differ bright colors. This material is easily colored. For an affordable price, a warm, light and comfortable product is purchased. Characterized by low moisture resistance. The cost starts from 500 rubles.
- Fleece textile has good thermal insulation. The structure of the material is similar to wool. Better acrylic absorb moisture and let in air. The product can be purchased for 1000-1500 rubles.
- Chenille products are characterized by a rich color scheme and brilliant texture. They are used as covers for armchairs and sofas.
The following products can be purchased from natural materials:
- Cotton blankets are used instead of blankets. They are durable and environmentally friendly.
- Woolen products have a beautiful appearance and are considered healthy. The price varies from 2 to 30 thousand rubles.
- Products made of fur are considered expensive.
Warm plaids are products made of sheep's wool. Cashmere models, despite their lightness, can be reliably protected in cold weather.
How to use a plaid in the interior
There are various examples of decor with a plaid. In the children's room, this product is a universal thing. Plaid is used as a blanket or used instead of a floor mat.
In the bedroom a bed is decorated with a bed. In the living room plaids are covered with sofas or armchairs. Textiles are selected in tone with sofa cushions or curtains.
When choosing a product, you should pay attention to the dimensions. For an armchair the products with the sizes 120 * 170 sm will approach, and for the big beds from 200 * 220 sm.
Texture and color solutions
The plaid is not the main element of the interior, but it can make a pleasant accent indoors. The cloak for the sofa should be several tones lighter than the product.
For a room in a classical style, products of low-key color are suitable.
Checkered or products with bright patterns look on the background of furniture in a calm color scheme.
If there are a lot of bright objects in the room, you should not choose products with floral ornaments.
Plaid in beige and brown shades will bring comfort and warmth to the interior. In the summer, we use products that are cool: in blue and blue colors.
When choosing, pay attention to the texture of the material. If the interior is dense and warm textiles, then choose a fluffy or woolen plaid. If the textile is made of light materials, it is worthwhile to dwell on a smooth and fine texture.
The choice of rug is influenced by many factors, but the main criterion in choosing is comfort for the owners of the house.Photogallery Total | 13 pictures