Very beautiful plant - dracaena, care at home for him is not complicated. In some countries it is called a "tree of happiness." The plant received this name, thanks to a legend in which a soldier who fell in love with the daughter of a high priest, for his consent to the wedding, had to water a stick sticking out of the earth so that she let the leaves. If this did not happen within 5 days, the guy would face death. But the branch sprouted, and the wedding took place, and the plant received such a romantic name.
Today Drazena is one of the most popular ornamental plants. Her beauty and spectacularity give her the opportunity to fit into the interior of any room. Very often in offices you can see copies of large sizes, and cozy atmosphere of living rooms are perfectly complemented by small species of this plant.
Dracaena came to our homes from Africa, although it can be found in both South Asia and the tropics of Central America. Unlike decorative species, growing in height from tens of centimeters to several meters, the wild dracena reaches 20 m and has a trunk with a large diameter.
Young dracaena in a pot.
An example of a properly manicured dracaena.
In this article, read:
- 1 Types of Drazen
- 2 Care of the plant
- 3 Plant transplantation
- 4 Reproduction of a plant
- 5 Draczen's diseases
- 6 The home garden dracaena. Video
Types of Drazen
At the moment there are about 150 species of this flower. Not all of them are used for breeding a house: there are about 10 species of which can be counted, the most famous of which are:
- Dracaena marginata, which is also called fringed. Care at home for her is quite simple. This plant has green leaves that can reach a length of up to 70 cm, with red edges. Dracaena marginate in some cases can reach up to 3 m in height. It is popular primarily because of its appearance, because it resembles a palm tree. Dracaena marginate, home care beyond which is not complicated, has the ability to moisten the air and reduces the content of harmful substances in it.
- Dracaena Sander (bamboo of happiness) does not look like a palm tree, like most Drazen, but more like a bamboo. It is a perennial plant growing to 100 cm. It has twisted leaves of gray-green color, which grow to 23 cm. The feature of sanders is the ability to grow directly in water.
- Dracaena is fragrant. This name she received, thanks to the special smell of her flower. This plant can grow up to 6 m, the length of its leaves reaches 80 cm, width - 3 cm.
Dragon variety margin.
Dracaena marginata, which is still called fringed.
Flower compositions from dracaena sander.
Dracaena Sander can grow without soil, right in the water.
Flowering dracaena fragrant.
Sheets of dracaena fragrant have a light green edging.
Care of the plant
How to care for dracaena at home, should know everyone who wants to start her at home. It is considered an undemanding plant. The most unpretentious species:
- drake margin;
- the Dragon;
These 3 types easily tolerate dampness and low temperature in the winter. The remaining plants are more demanding on the conditions of detention.
And yet how to care for the plant, so that it was healthy and happy with its beauty? Observe the optimal conditions:
- Temperature. These plants love the heat, but not the heat. Ideal temperature regime: from 20 to 25 ° C in summer and not below 15 ° C in winter. In summer, the flower can be taken out into the street, but it is worth avoiding drafts, since they do not have a good effect on it.
- Lighting. It is best to choose a bright place, but protected from direct sun rays, because they can leave burns on the leaves of the plant. If the dracene flower will stand on the windowsill, it is better to choose the eastern or the western side. However, it can develop well enough under artificial lighting.
- Watering. To look after the dracaena at home is worthwhile, it also applies to watering plants. Here some moments depend on the time of the year.
Extensive watering is extremely important, but one can not lead to stagnation of water in the pot. Overdrying the soil, too, can not be allowed. As a rule, in the summer season the plant is watered daily, in winter - less often. It is mandatory to spray the leaves of the plant. Do it at least once a week.
Bright green leaves of well-kept dracaena.
Dracaena is great for growing inside a house or apartment.
Do not bring the situation to the point where the roots of the plant will spread out in all directions from the pot. Care at home for this flower is also in his transplant. You need to know how to transplant the dracene correctly and when it should be done.
The plant is transplanted 1 time in 2-3 years before the beginning of the period of growth, which falls in the middle of spring. A young flower is recommended to be transplanted every year.
For the transplant, you can use the soil for palm trees. At the bottom of the pot drain is laid. Immediately after the transplant, the flower is watered. For better results, you can use a growth stimulant.
Transplanted sprout germ of fragrant.
Transplanted dracaena flower marginates.
Reproduction of a plant
You can duplicate Dracaena in several ways:
- Cuttings. How can I multiply the dracaena in this way? Take a young stem and cut into cuttings. On each cut should be at least 2 kidneys. On the one hand, the bark is cut on the stem and stuck into the ground with the same side. The stalk is placed in a warm place and forms a greenhouse above it - cover with a glass jar or a plastic bottle cut. Dracaena reproduces this way easily.
- Allows dracene reproduction and removal. To do this, cut off the brood (top) and put it in a glass with water. In a couple of months the brood will give horses and will be ready for a transplant into the ground.
- Seeds. Reproduction in the home by seeds occurs as follows: the seeds are soaked in a special solution for 24 hours at a temperature of 30 ° C. Further seeds are planted in the soil for palm trees, watered and again make a greenhouse above them. When the seeds start to rise, the greenhouse can be removed. When the sprout reaches a height of 5-6 cm, it can be transplanted into a permanent pot.
Contrast sheets of the Dracaena make her a favorite among domestic florists.
An original dracaena - decoration of any apartment or house.
Diseases of the dracaena
Due to improper care or oversight, this plant can be ill, which can lead to its death.
Why do the leaves of the dracaena turn yellow and is it dangerous?
It happens for natural reasons - just old leaves die. Cases with young leaves most often talk about violations of irrigation rules. In addition, it may be caused by a lack of nutrients or the appearance of pests.
Why do the dracaena's leaves dry?
The main reason is insufficient air humidity. Also worth paying attention to the light: perhaps, the plant gets direct sunlight.
Why do the dracaena have leaves? Causes:
- natural - the age of the flower;
- not suitable microclimate;
- defeat parasites or bacterial diseases.
Dracaena is a plant that brings a piece of summer and heat to the house. In order that she always pleased others with her appearance, it is worth constantly adhering to simple rules for caring for her.
Wide sheets of dracaena make it look like a palm tree.
White-green dracaena leaves are popular among modern gardeners.