In recent years, the circle of needlewomen has been increasingly referred to as the "suite design". What is behind this mysterious term? Anyone with a baggage of English school knowledge will remember that "sweet" is translated as "sweet." Even in foreign films, "sweet honey" is often found - a caressing word for loved ones and, in a good sense, slightly "cloying". Sweet floristry is one of the varieties of needlework. Craftsmen handmade hand-made bouquets and luxurious compositions from ordinary sweets. Sweets made of chocolate and caramel, wrapped in rustling individual packages or made independently, can turn into roses, sunflowers, tulips, chamomiles, leaves and berries. Work on the transformation of ordinary goodies is mastered even by a beginner decorator. Candy bouquets serve as an original decoration of the interior of the house and an interesting, and most importantly delicious and sweet gift for the holiday. The design of "confectionery" presents is developed individually: you need only imagination and skill that will help to translate the idea into reality. The product can be designed for women and men. These gifts are topical for New Year's holidays, birthdays and anniversaries. We will become acquainted with the step-by-step master class and learn how to create a bouquet in the technology of swedesign.Read also: Knitted decor for home
For work, only available materials are needed. Any of them can be purchased at the nearest needlework store. So, the minimum set includes:
- Corrugated paper. It is the basis of any composition, so for the image of different elements of the plant you need a material of several colors.
- Hard wire, toothpicks, Chinese sticks. These objects will imitate twigs and stems of plants.
- Packing tape. From it, the individual decorative elements of the bouquet are made. Different types of coating (gloss, matte), colors and patterns are used. Everything depends solely on the nature of the future composition. Transparent film is used for its intended purpose: to pack a ready gift and to give it a "commodity" type.
- Grid. It wraps real bouquets. The mesh has increased rigidity, which makes it possible to give the composition volume.
- Organza. Thin, airy fabric, from which create individual elements or packaging.
- Other types of fabrics. In their choice of restrictions there, everything will depend on the taste of the master and personal convenience of working with a certain material.
- Styrofoam. It serves as the main one, which will keep the entire composition in the truest sense of the word.
- Sisal fiber. Natural material, which is made from leaves of agave. From it you get the original decor.
The list is not definitive and can be supplemented with absolutely any materials for needlework, as there are no clear limitations in the design of the suite. Sometimes wicker baskets, boxes, vases and bottles are used as containers, in which a sweet bouquet is placed.
As tools for work use scissors, nippers, a stationery knife (for foam) and glue.
Ideas and forms of gifts
There are four types of suite products:
- Cakes from sweets;
- Bulk fruits or still lifes from "sugar" pineapples, apples and oranges;
- Flower bouquets;
- Compositions in baskets.
For each type of gift suites, there are different techniques of execution. A single element for all these products is the use of sweets. And they can be reliably hidden behind layers of corrugated paper or vice versa, exposed in their usual wrappers.
Step-by-step master class
Let's start with the instructions for making a cake. The first stage of the work is the production of a "bar" of foam under the characteristic form for this confectionery product. Then it is wrapped in corrugated paper of the right color. Its tips, which will look at the sides, must pass through a special machine to get the desired relief. Then the paper is fixed. On the side of the cake overlaid with bars (it is better to use a kinder or kit-kat) and fix them with two parallel ribbons. The top of the gift is either covered with small dragées (eggs, emblem), or decorated with flowers from corrugated paper and organza, ribbons, bows, dolls or typewriters (if present for the child). The process of wrapping the cake in a transparent film and tying a flirty bow in the place of its assembly completes the process. Now try to create a bouquet in the basket:
- In the packaging put a piece of foam base, which should only be a bit inferior to it in size.
- We make floral stems from wire.
- Take the candy and wrap it with several layers of corrugated paper.
- In the formed "cylinder" with a sweet filling, insert a wire frame. On the same side, he is wrapped in paper. When it is crushed, the material has properties to retain its shape and is perfectly fixed. It is better to twist a piece of paper around the stem, as if it pulls into the funnel.
- The flower head is tied with a ribbon for more reliable fastening.
- Then the petals of the flower are "blossomed", that is, they are spread out with the fingers to make a voluminous bud.
- Perform a variety of colors on a similar technique on stems of different lengths. Then they are fixed in a foam base.
- The composition is additionally decorated with organza, mesh, shiny wrapping paper and satin ribbons, bows.
- The process of wrapping a basket in a transparent film completes the process, so that the gift has a presentable appearance.
If you want to create a bouquet of chocolates that you do not need to hide wrappers (Raphaelks), they simply "string" on the stems, and to keep the composition, the flowers are tightly packed together and securely wrapped in a wrapper. For the manufacture of "helicopters" and "tanks" for men, special attention is paid to the foam plastic base, the resemblance to the original depends solely on its shape.
Ideas for the holidays
On the birthday of the child, you can build a candy cake from kinder or other bars. For the wedding and the anniversary, volumetric hearts are made, decorated with roses from corrugated paper. From candy and auxiliary materials, you can create a spring, fresh bouquet on the mother's day or a feast of all women - March 8. The basket with "krashenkami" on Easter will be decorated with a thematic composition, and the child will bring on September, 1st the most delicious flowers in the whole school.
By the new year they build small watches, decorative houses-huts, fir-trees. For the men's holiday in February, confectionery tanks, helicopters and chessboards are made, where sweets act as figures. During the game, the opponent's rook can simply be eaten, instead of being thrown off the battlefield. These gifts are also topical on the name day. For example, for Tatiana's day, you can build a cake or a delicate spring bouquet of wildflowers and greens. He will be a "greeting" from the summer, to which there remain a few months. Valentine's day will be delighted with a bunch of Raffaello, which is associated with a touching gift that has a tender taste.
Svit design is a simple technique that even a child will master. By the way, this lesson is not only fascinating, but also useful, as it develops small motor skills of hands. Gifts made in this technique, will long please the eye, contrary to the inner desires "quickly eat." Svit design is easy to perform, which will lead to luxurious results.