Dialing in the search engines "Crafts for the interior with their own hands," do you come across such a huge selection of design ideas that your eyes are scattered? What can this be created without having special skills to make it not very expensive, beautiful, functional? And then there's spring outside! There come the days when the hands themselves are trying to update the surrounding space, to change the usual, following the rhythms of nature. It often happens that our means and opportunities are limited, and we are eager to bring something bright, unusual, to please the unique, beautiful and useful new things of friends, loved ones, relatives, while putting a piece of their heat into the subject. What can be done then?
Based on this knowledge, then select the appropriate style and materials for the manufacture of crafts.
Interior crafts can be conditionally divided into types, for convenience:
- By appointment: myself, as a gift (to whom?), For children, for pets.
- In the place of application: apartment or cottage, kitchen, bedroom, bathroom or hallway, or maybe it is a gift to a colleague in the office. A clear idea of this point before starting work will help you decide on the style and materials.
- By function: storage (containers, stands, hooks), simply decor elements (panels, paintings, frames, sculptures), textile products (create softness, comfort, warmth, noise insulation: mats, pillows, furniture covers, tablecloths, curtains) lighting (lamps, candlesticks, lampshades), etc.
- On the materials used: from fabrics, threads, jute, stones, shells, paper, wood, etc.
- By the way of decorating or manufacturing: painting using various paints and techniques, weaving, assembling, mosaic, decoupage, papier-mache, embroidery, knitting, sewing, applique, mixed technique.
Having answered for yourself with these 5 items, what exactly would you like to do, for starters, you can choose the favorite version of the homemade crafts for the interior, from the below. Be sure to have all the necessary materials and get creative!
At home, things are usually updated and decorated using paints, brushes, glue, rhinestones, eggshells, buttons and other disposable items. For example, from an old vase, a bottle, a jar, a box, you can create original decorations for your home, painting them with colors, pouring colored sand into transparent containers, decorating with a jute rope or decorative cord.
Before this, the thing should be primed. If the jar or bottle is transparent - consider the use of stained-glass paints, you can get a very original vase or a Tiffany-style shoehorse.
Crafts for interior from fabric, thread
Do not know how to embroider, knit and sew on patterns on patterns? It does not matter, not only these ways you can make an object of decor, radiating coziness, softness and warmth.
For example, everyone, even the smallest home designers (with the help of adults), is able to produce creative blankets, a rug, cushions, seat covers, decorative flowers or a toy from pompoms.
- Threads or yarn for knitting, it is best soft, synthetic: acrylic, polyamide, lycra. Choose medium, thick, curvy or bulky threads (from 100 to 370 m / g). Pay attention to the yarn with an interesting structure and color: terry, belt, gradient, melange. Consider the combination of colors of your decor, pattern, shape;
- a needle with a thick eye;
- base, it is very convenient to use a plastic mesh, but any mesh fabric can be suitable, and you can also tie the mesh yourself, crocheted with columns without a crochet. Fabric for the lower part of the base;
From the cardboard, cut a circle (or 2) with a hole in the center. Tightly thread a cardboard circle with a thread, pulling the thread from the center to the edge, and starting under the cardboard circle again to the center in 2-4 layers. Then cut the coiled yarn along the outer circumference of the cardboard circle with a pair of scissors (it is more convenient to cut when two circles are cut through between them). Remove the cardboard and tie the resulting bundle of thread in the middle, straighten the pompon. Continue doing the pompoms in the same way in the required amount.
Instead of cardboard circles, wind the thread on the fork around the outer teeth, then fix the thread around the winding between the middle teeth and cut from the side parts of the fork. After all these manipulations, you need to sew the balls to the base, rather tightly and smoothly. Here it is necessary to show imagination - to create a geometric pattern, a smooth transition of colors or to leave the product monophonic.
Cloth for the lower part connect with the base, gently sew around the edges of the joint seam. From pompoms, beautiful panels, pictures and frames are created.
Crafts for interior from stones, glass, mirrors, shells
Excellent stylish crafts for the interior with their own hands for the hallway, bathroom, kitchen can be done with the help of hard materials.
A broken mirror, glass, beautiful dishes like mosaics, decorated with vases, various box boxes, wall mirrors, frames, panels, as well as countertops. Perfect for this is suitable and a special small mosaic, sold on Chinese websites and in construction stores. Let's consider a method of manufacturing a mosaic frame for a mirror.
- plywood or chipboard;
- glue PVA, or liquid nails, special glue for tiles;
- tongs or pliers / pliers - if you need to move the pieces of the mosaic set on the glue;
- gypsum trowel for tiles or plaster / tile glue;
- spatula (application of grout, but it is possible and a finger in the seal);
- cloth / sponge to remove excess glue, grout
- mosaic or battle of glass, ceramics, chopped mirror (or small round mirrors), seashells;
- if the decorative elements are heavy (like large seashells, starfish, etc.), a reinforcing layer of special scotch or net will be needed;
- sealant or putty to fill the voids (protect from dust).
First, you'd better draw a sketch, how the mosaic pieces will be arranged to clearly know which pattern you will need to spread with what colors. Geometric it will be a pattern, vegetative, animal, abstract or you will want to lay out mosaic flowers. From the base cut with a jigsaw (or leave a piece as is, if it is fit and fit to you) circle or rectangle of the required parameters.
Glue the mirror on liquid nails or special glue to the base. Around the appropriate glue to plant parts of the selected decorative elements: a broken mirror, pieces of mosaic, shells in a conceived order. After drying, wipe the gaps between the elements, remove the excess with a cloth. After drying the void fill neatly with a sealant or putty.
This includes macrame, beadwork, rattan, weaving of leaves, cattail, paper - twisted newspapers. The latter method is one of the most accessible, while it turns out really beautiful and stylish things for the house, and yes even useful.
So, from the newspaper tubes you can weave boxes, baskets, a vase for flowers, pots, a bottle stand, cats' houses, laundry baskets, a panel, an armchair, furniture legs and much more. To start is better with something simple, for example from a casket:Read also: We use papier-mache in the interior
- newspapers, cardboard;
- PVA glue;
- scissors, knife, ruler;
- pearls or spices;
- a container in the form of which a casket will be built (box, bank, vase, bottle);
- paints: stain or food colors (for eggs);
- clothespins for fixing tubes;
The newspaper sheet (or a thin rough paper) is folded in half, cut into 4 identical parts. Then a pencil or a needle is applied to the corner of the sheet, and the newspaper is twisted around it (at an angle), the rod can be removed from the middle of the tube, the edges should be fixed with glue. Use it should be at a minimum, as it will not stain. The length of the tube is also increased with the help of glue. Such blanks will take a lot, then dry them for at least 4 hours, after which they are painted in the right colors and dried for another 8 hours. You should get beautiful even tubes of the same thickness.
From cardboard or heavy paper, cut out 2 bases of the desired shape and size. Mark one base with a ruler at regular intervals (you will need to calculate the exact value) and glue the tubules along the edge to this base (if the bottom is square - on 1 tube always in the corners at 45 degrees). The second part of the base is glued over. This is the bottom. Then a tube (or several) is glued to one "ray" near the bottom and weaving starts in one of the ways (there are a lot of video in the net with different weaving techniques). Inside, the mold is inserted and braided to the desired height. At the end, the product is varnished and dried.
Composition and accents
Determined with the future use of interior crafts? Excellent! If you are a beginner, then you will need some knowledge of stylistic directions - in order for your designer masterpiece to fit perfectly. It's quite simple.
You should consider the general features of the decoration of the room where the product is supposed to be used. Perhaps the room already has an accent (and according to the rules of composition it should be one) - some detail that stands out against the background of the rest of the decoration and decor by its color, size, shape. For example, in a classic interior it can be a luxurious crystal chandelier, carved fireplace or patterned carpet. In modern interiors, it can be 3D wallpapers, unusual plasterboard construction, interestingly located lighting, beautiful purraters and the like.
Always pay attention to art objects, other home decor: paintings, carpets, pillows, curtains, statuettes: will not your craft work with them, get out of the picture. If your fashionable interior decoration is conceived as an accent, when you make it, you should take into account the stylistics of the room and the combination of colors.
Brief guide to style and color
Today, the Internet is full of pictures of various beautiful combinations of colors and their shades, inspired by nature itself. From them you can choose a suitable ready-made table of combinations, similar to your interior history.
The basis of such tables is the color wheel. In it, colors and their shades are arranged in a circle, in an iridescent order, in expanded versions - taking into account the darkness and lightness of the tone (multi-row color circles). The main thing you need to know is that the colors that are located next to each other in the color circle are well combined. These are the neighboring colors-companions, with them a nice nuance, a semitone or a transition, for example, blue and green. Also located clearly opposite each other are combined well (then we get a bright contrast, the colors complement each other and give juiciness, like, for example, yellow and purple, blue and orange).
If the decor element does not imply a Christmas theme, you should avoid the neighborhood of red and green - this combination creates ripples in the eyes. If you are not sure of the combination of beautiful complex shades (such as mustard, sea-green, terracotta, marsh, etc.) - look at such color charts. To ensure that your decor element fits nicely into the interior of the house, try to determine the general style of the room and follow it so that the ideas embodied by their own hands will heal a happy life together in space.Read also: Decor of paper: ideas and master classes
Here are 8 common in the rooms of modern house styles and their common characteristics that will help you decide on the idea:
- Classic (English, French) - calm, strict forms. Carved elements, stucco molding, columns with classical Roman floral ornaments are allowed. Representative, prim furniture. Colors are calm, warm: brown, buffy, white. Also used are deep blue, burgundy, green. Textures - wood, gypsum, leather (or their imitation). In varieties of Rococo, Baroque, the number of details, decorations, curls grows many times, pink and gold are added.
- Post-Art Nouveau (derivative: fusion, eclectic, pop art, konteporari) - welcomes unusual, multidimensional frame constructions on walls, ceiling, floor (niches, tiers, plasterboard partitions, wood), asymmetry. Uses bright accents on a monophonic background, loves geometric patterns (remember clothes and furniture of 60-70-ies). He likes plastic, metal, glass, unusual textured fabrics, contrasting color combinations. Derivatives of this style are characterized by a combination of incongruous at first glance, a bright mix, sometimes a little insane.
- Ethnic (Japanese, African, Egyptian, Indian, Arabic, Moorish, etc.) - designed in accordance with the traditional arrangement of the houses of a particular nationality. So, for example, the Japanese style implies the use of mats, rice paper, partitions, fans, white, black flowers. African - replete with shades of yellow, brown, red with the inclusion of characteristic colored patterns, includes reed products, native figurines of valuable wood (imitation) and so on.
- Provence (similar to country, art-belief, shebbie-chic) - a rustic style in different manifestations. A lot of wood, often deliberately aged, unevenly colored. The textures are as follows: rough plaster, fabric in a cage, flower, brick, stone. The number of pieces of furniture and decor varies between styles, for example, art-believe is close to minimalism, and the chic-chic is ready to place pretty beautiful things with craquelure, decoupage and other decorations on all available surfaces. Paints are actively used to give old things a new look.
- Minimalism (constructivism) - everything is simple, clear, no frills. Straight lines, multifunctionality, folding and sliding (concealed) constructions are the best friends. The color palette is laconic, 3-4 chromatic shades (gray, white, black, metallic) with one bright accent. Textures: simple fabrics, glass, metal.
- High-tech - high-tech interior, saturated with modern gadgets and developments, akin to minimalism. He likes gloss, achromatic colors, clear lines.
- Loft / Scandinavian / Chalet / Eco-style - the home of a hunter, a traveler in the mountains or in the urban jungle, often a bachelor dwelling. These styles combine the abundance of wood in various rough processing, and other natural materials, in the loft - bricks (it is appropriate graffiti). Nordic patterns, cage, natural fabrics add comfort.
- Mediterranean (Greek) style, as a rule, is great for a bathroom, but not just for her. It teems with white and shades of blue, blue, welcomes mosaic, beautiful murals, sea motifs.
Styles, of course, can be combined, flow one into another and skillfully use the elements of each other, bring national features.
Following the recommendations listed above, you will fill the space with creative individual crafts created with love, thus attracting love, luck and prosperity to the house, as well as admiring glances!