The flowerbeds in the courtyard of a private house, the photos of which Dekorin prepared for you today, are certainly a beautiful scenic decoration of any infield. To design the most beautiful image of a flower bed in our time can help landscape designers or gardeners. However, many owners of cottages and private houses tend to do it themselves, as the occupation itself brings a lot of pleasure and gives the opportunity to realize its creative potential. In this article we have selected for you flower beds in the courtyard of a private house, photos of beautiful and bright floral compositions.
Decoration of a flowerbed in the courtyard of a private house with your own hands
Considering the question of where to equip the desired flower garden, it is worth remembering that the bulk of flowers are sun-loving, from which it follows that the sunny, not windy territory with loose soil should serve as a place for planting. If the soil is too clayey, it can be mixed with sand, and, conversely, if there is increased looseness in the soil, add clay.
There are several of the most common types of flowerbeds in the infield, the photos of which are shown below. Namely:
- Mixborders - beds, planted, in most cases, along the wall of the house. They can be of absolutely any width and shape;
- Border - flowerbed, the width of which does not exceed half a meter. They are planted in complex flower gardens to separate the elements;
- Solitaire - flowerbed, located in places with a good overview. Flowers are planted here, which have a unifying feature - they can be flowers of the same color or height;
- Rockary or "stone garden" - a flower bed, where the composition is successfully decorated, combining stones and flowers. Recently, this kind of gaining the most popularity.
The most complex kind of flower bed is a modular flower bed, where various plants are collected, as well as small architectural forms. Having decided on the type of the flower bed, it is necessary to choose the plants for planting. This is a very important stage when creating a flowerbed in the courtyard of a private house with your own hands.
Read also: 45 fabulous ideas for your garden
Flowers for the flowerbed in the courtyard of a private house: photo and description
There is a huge number of different types of plants for flower gardens that decorate the site near a private house. An inexperienced horticulturist, it is often difficult to determine their choice. First of all, it is necessary to take into account the longevity of plants. The most successful option will be a mixed-type landing with a combination of annual and perennial species. This option is advantageous because long-term plants do not require an annual transplantation, and annuals contribute to the annual renovation of the flowerbed design - flowers that are bored with the eye can be replaced by other species.
Perennial plants характеризуются продолжительным периодом роста, в большинстве случаев, не требуют особого ухода и условий (приспособлены к низким температурам) и, имея прочную корневую систему, опережают в скорости цветения однолетние виды. Выбирая для посадки многолетники, стоит обратить внимание на такие виды, как:
- Alissum - has a bright color. The flowers of this plant radiate a fairly rich flavor. It needs solar rays, and, at the first stage of its development, requires moderate soil moisture;
- Pansies or violas are the most famous and popular plant with a large number of colors (yellow, blue, white, etc.). These flowers prefer sunny areas with moderate humidity;
- Asters are flowers, especially dominant on the flowerbed in the courtyard of a private house in the autumn period until the onset of frost. Their colors are infinitely diverse. A weak shadow and sun rays are just what these colors need;
- Lizimahiya or verbeynik - has a fairly spectacular view. This plant prefers moist soil, is not afraid of colds. It has flowers of yellow and red color;
- Gazania - perennial, which has about 40 varieties. Because of the diversity of the color palette, landscape designers gave it the name of the South African chamomile;
- Gladioluses are flowers preferring partial shade;
- Dicentra is a plant that has flowers of a heart-shaped form of white, light purple or pink. Because of the peculiar shape of the flowers, it is also called "broken heart";
- Lupins are one of the favorites of gardeners due to their magnificent flowering and undemanding care. The main requirement is a fertile soil with the addition of sawdust and fertilizers;
- Forget-me-nots will become an ornament of any flowerbed in the courtyard of a private house (the photo fully reflects the beauty of this spring plant with blue flowers). They practically do not require care. The most important is wet soil;
- Chrysanthemums are characterized by luxuriant flowering. Interesting is the fact that for the first time chrysanthemum was cultivated in China more than 3 millennia ago. Loves friable, moisture-permeable soil;
- Phloxes are frequent inhabitants of flower beds in the courtyards of private houses and country plots. The plant blooms with magnificent colors and is able to settle on the most difficult soils.
This is just a small list of all the diversity of perennials, thanks to which the flowerbed in the courtyard of a private house can look amazing. As for annual plants, here we can distinguish such common species as:
- Ageratum is a common plant. Due to its short stature, it is possible to create a beautiful floral carpet from it. It takes a lot of sun;
- Petunia - has an attractive appearance, having flowers with the shape of the ball. This plant can be planted both in the shade and under the open sky;
- Marigolds are small compact bushes that bloom in the end of spring and last until the fall. The plant is not choosy - it is suitable for both shade and direct sunlight;
- Low-grown lobelia - perfectly fit into any flowerbed design in the courtyard of a private house (the photo shows how gently and beautifully the flowering of this plant). Especially successful lobelia looks on small flower beds.
Flowerbed design in the courtyard of a private house: photos of the most original ideas
As mentioned earlier, flower beds are diverse, with their planting principles. Beautifully decorated flowerbed in the courtyard of a private house or villa gives its owner invariably positive emotions, and also delivers aesthetic pleasure to the guests. In addition to the standard options, with a fantasy, you can create unique masterpieces. Here come to the aid of quite, it would seem, ordinary gizmos, stale unused items of everyday life and even old vehicles and wardrobe items.
Placement of flower beds on such vehicles as a bicycle, a boat or a car has its advantage - easy transportability if necessary to the desired territory. In addition, look such a flowerbed in the country or in the courtyard of a private house (the photo is clearly demonstrates) will be quite original. At such registration use, as a rule, small curbs or curly. The original solution will also be a flower pot made of shoes. In this variant, a kind of drainage system is constructed in the sole, and the ground into which the flowers are planted is placed inside.
One of the original options is also a stone bed - rockeries. Create it is fairly straightforward, and the feature is a unique texture. In this case, you can use stones of absolutely different types - like huge boulders, and gravel. Large stones, as a rule, are laid out in the center of the composition, and smaller ones are better looked in the form of a fence of rocker. At its arrangement it is necessary to take into account the overall design. A flower bed in the courtyard of a private house in the form of a rockery, will best look near deaf fences, waterfalls, on slopes, and near high walls. Look below the design of the flowerbed in the courtyard of a private house - a photo collection from Dekorin. Inspiration and pleasure from your beautiful flowers.