The kitchen has ceased to be a room only for cooking. It has become almost the most versatile room in the house or apartment. The design of a modern room, whether it's a kitchen or a living room, reflects the active lifestyle of most families. Consider how you can equip a kitchen design 11 sq. M. m, making it convenient and rational.
A component of a successful design is the proper selection of materials from which furniture is made. Most often, furniture based on MDF or chipboard, less often - massive wood. In the modern interior, materials such as plastic, high-strength glass or metal are increasingly being used.
Selecting the layout type
Designing a kitchen in 11 "squares" - the task is not so difficult, but any fantasy is the limit. Before the designer there is a task - to equip the room in such a way that it looks as stylish as possible, not at the expense of functionality. Consider the most common layout options.
Placement of kitchen furniture along the wall by one row is the most popular option. It is optimal for placing in the form of an elongated rectangle, with a width of 2 m or less. The zone of food intake is best placed near the end wall (preferably a square table). If the table has an elongated shape, it can be put against the wall opposite to the kitchen furniture. As for the color scheme of furniture, it is better to choose light objects, as they do not "squeeze" space visually.
Double-row, the placement of the headset is well suited for premises in the form of a very elongated rectangle. It is advisable to clearly distinguish between two zones: working and for eating. The most appropriate placement of furniture along parallel walls in the kitchens with a balcony. The dining table and chairs can be carried to the loggia. There you can also place a refrigerator. An inconvenient premise-pencil case becomes at the same time incredibly harmonious.
This is the optimal placement of furniture for square kitchens in eleven "squares". In this case, the furniture set is placed immediately on 3 walls. If space allows, you can place a dining table in the middle of the kitchen.
This solution is notable for its functionality and convenience. The working area at the same time occupies 2 adjacent walls. This option is suitable for kitchen facilities of all shapes and sizes. Its advantages include:
- Increase the working space by using the angle.
- Ergonomy, compactness in combination with roominess. Most of the corner sets are equipped with "roundabouts" in several tiers - rotating devices for placing items of kitchen utensils. The doors of cabinets with "roundabouts" are made folding, so they open and close freely.
- Angle modules are convenient for placing the sink. This is all the more convenient because the communications are located exactly in the corner. If there is a washing machine nearby, it will be convenient to connect it.
- Convenience of zoning. In this case, the cooking zone is located in one of the corners, and the zone of food intake - in the opposite. It is equipped with a table and chairs. As a delimiter it is convenient to use a bar counter. This option is suitable for young active people who are trying to implement non-standard and modern interior solutions. In the 11-meter kitchen bar counter can also be used as a working surface. It can serve as a necessary and a dining table.
- Attractiveness of appearance. The corner set fits perfectly into the eleven-meter interior, modern or classic.
Kitchen - a room with a special microclimate. Therefore, its design should be convenient, practical and beautiful at the same time. What kind of finishing materials are best tolerated by high humidity, soot and temperature changes, are well cleaned of contaminants?
For kitchen ceilings, as a rule, the following decorations are used:
- Whitewashing, staining. It's simple in execution, very cheap finish. In addition, the bleached ceiling is environmentally friendly, since it does not interfere with air exchange. Painting ceilings in the kitchen is even easier. You can do it yourself. The shortage of these types of finishes is fragility.
- Drywall. For the decoration of kitchen ceilings, moisture resistant varieties are used. The material is quickly and easily mounted, looks nice, has a relatively low cost. There are also disadvantages: drywall does not tolerate temperature changes. It will also deteriorate when flooded.
- Wallpaper gluing. Outer linens are inexpensive, hide defects on the surface. Washing the wallpaper is easy to clean. Minus - certain difficulties during installation. In addition, with an accidental flooding on top of the wallpaper are spoiled.
- Stretch constructions.
- Plastic. Cheap and practical stuff. It is unusually durable and will well carry even the bay from above. However, it looks too simple.
- Roof ceilings from special lamellas - a beautiful and expensive decoration. At the same time, you can mount the rack structure with your own hands. The color scheme can be any. The most common options are metal, gold and white.
Load on the kitchen surface is large. Humidity, temperature changes, soot and greasy splashes have a negative effect on them. Therefore, the requirements for the finishing materials for the walls. In addition to the beautiful view, they must keep the decorative appearance for as long as possible. There are options for finishing:
- Tile. It is durable, durable, easy to clean and very aesthetic. Tiles can be glossy, smooth, matte or textured. The material is mainly used for the working apron, combining it with painted, wallpapered or plastered walls.
- Glass apron, plastic panels. Unlike tiles or mosaics with many seams, such a surface is smooth, and it is very easy to wash it.
- Staining. Paint is affordable and practical material. In addition, you can experiment with the color scheme, using one of the walls as an accent. The best paint for the kitchen is glossy water resistant. Its easiest to wash.
- Wallpaper. Another popular way of decorating the kitchen interior. Usual paper cloth should not be used, because they are afraid of moisture and literally "can" smells. The best option - a wallpaper with a vinyl coating, with a paper or non-woven base. They are easy to clean from contamination, and a durable modern adhesive will not allow them to get rid of moisture.
- Decorative plaster. There are many varieties of this finishes (water, waterless, polymeric, Venetian, with marble chips, sand-lime, etc.).
- Fake diamond. The use of artificial finishing stone is an excellent alternative to ceramics and pasting walls with wallpaper. It can be a wall, completely laid out by a stone or a corner insert. In any case, it will turn out beautifully. Decorative stone is the best suited for zoning the room and creating accents, decorating door and balcony openings.
- MDF panels. Plywood is a durable, reliable and relatively inexpensive material. It does not swell from high humidity, unattractive for molds and bacteria. Veneered or painted panels are used in the kitchen for finishing.
- Flexible stone. This is a roll material based on sandstone. This mineral is applied a thin layer on the fiberglass. The material is easy to install, resistant to external influences and environmentally friendly. In addition, the design turns out to be unusual.
The kitchen is a very special room. Here there are a variety of events: from cooking and eating food to noisy children's games. On the floor, something is constantly dropped and spilled, this has to come to terms with. Requirements for kitchen floors are quite severe:
- Easy to clean, hygienic. The floor is polluted every day, it is affected by moisture and household chemicals.
- Resistance to moisture. In terms of the level of constant humidity, the kitchen is second only to the bathroom.
- Wear resistance. The coating should not quickly lose its attractive appearance from external influences.
- Shock resistance. The floor covering must not be damaged by accidentally dropping a pot or a knife.
- The cost.
- Aesthetics, compatibility with other finishing materials and furniture.
- Ease of installation.
In the kitchen of 11 meters it is possible to use such materials (and combinations thereof):
- Ceramic tile;
- Natural stone;
- Porcelain tiles.
Each of these materials has its drawbacks and advantages. At the same time, they fully meet the specified requirements.
As a rule, in the kitchen there are 2 functional zones:
- For eating.
To distinguish these zones, you can use finishing materials on the floor and walls, two-level ceiling structures, as well as a bar counter. A natural distinction is obtained in the kitchens with a balcony, when one of the functional zones (food intake) is transferred there. This option - from a series of "non-standard" - is often chosen by young families.
Choose shades can be guided by their own preferences and views. However, in order not to make mistakes and not to create an indistinct motley spot instead of an interior, it is worth using such secrets:
- In the 11-meter kitchen, cool colors are suitable. To create a successful color palette, it is enough to operate with four or five shades.
- Using monochrome combinations makes the space wider. Experiments with contrasts, on the contrary, make the room visually more compact.
- If the kitchen window faces north, it is desirable to apply yellow and orange tones. For kitchens with south-east and south-facing windows, the tones of blue, green or blue are more suited.
- It is necessary to take into account the age of family members. Young people prefer a bright color scheme, the elderly like quieter colors.
Kitchen design 11 sq. M. m in different styles
The right choice of style direction is a great way to create a beautiful interior to your own taste, and also pleasantly surprise guests. Recently, more often people choose modern styles for the cuisine, concise and comfortable.
Contemporary - a combination of different styles. Assumes the use of comfortable, not too expensive furniture. The color gamut is neutral: gray, white or beige.
Etcolic. Its main concept is the desire of man not to harm nature. Therefore, the use of not just natural materials, but also products of their secondary raw materials (old floorboards) is welcomed here. The decor can be used as phytostenes from climbing plants or high flower flowers in vases or tubs.
Loft. This style traditionally involves a huge room, so the standard 11 "squares" for him is clearly not enough. But no one will interfere with borrowing for the decoration of a small kitchenette separate elements of the loft interior. For example, you can leave open the ventilation communications without boxes, stylize furniture as hastily knocked out of improvised materials. The accent wall or arches are trimmed with decorative brick or roughly plastered.
Hi-tech is a fashionable, cheeky style. Plastic furniture in combination with glass and metal is an excellent option for a modern room. The decor respects the traditions of minimalism. They are almost or completely absent.See also: Kitchen in Art Nouveau style: examples of design
If you are not ready for radical changes, you can combine classics or pretentious modernity with any of the modern trends. Even incompatible styles are often combined very original, not to mention close in spirit directions.
Decor and Textiles
Of textiles for the kitchen is best suited roll, corrugated curtains or blinds. The material should be chosen so that it is easily cleaned. For curtains the best option is polyester.
As a decor use pictures, posters, and also houseplants. Do not get carried away with decorative bunches of onions, peppers and garlic. Initially, these decorations look beautiful, but quickly become dirty and lose appeal. It is appropriate in the kitchen and TV, if it is a place for evening family (and not only) gatherings.
For the manufacture of cabinet furniture in the kitchen, in addition to wood and chipboard, use MDF plywood and multiplex. Wood is the most prestigious and expensive material. For the manufacture of kitchen sets use more than 40 types of wood. The tree is dried by special technology, treated with a protective composition and a coating layer is applied.
Particleboard with MDF is much cheaper and more economical than wood. The option with MDF is more successful and preferable, because it is stronger and environmentally friendly chipboard. MDF is convenient in processing and allows you to obtain a variety of shapes and configurations. Recently, the industry produces environmentally friendly moisture-resistant chipboard. The coating can be laminated or melamine.
Multiplex is a thin section of wood, connected together by glue. It is resistant to deformation material, and for kitchen cabinet furniture fits perfectly. True, such headsets are not cheap. The furniture from the multiplex, decorated with wood and glass, looks great. It is appropriate in the kitchen and upholstered furniture.
A multi-functional corner in a small apartment can simultaneously serve as a guest sofa. Use a sofa and as a place to store things. If space allows, you can place a small couch.
An important element of the kitchen in 11 sq. M is the table top. They are made of wood, metal, laminated chipboard, natural or decorative stone, tempered glass, etc. The choice of a particular material depends on the financial possibilities of the owner of the premises and his individual taste.
Lighting and lighting
The most common mistake in organizing kitchen lighting in a private house or apartment is the use of only one lighting device. Advices of professionals in lighting design will help you avoid typical mistakes:
- Plan the location of the luminaires in advance. It is important at the same time to consider the lighting of the functional areas.
- The smallest safety distance from switches and sockets from water is 0,6 m.
- There should be more than one light source. For example, the dining area can be illuminated with a hanging device, and as an additional source, use a sconce. Do not interfere with lighting cabinets and decorative lighting.
- Carefully selected light helps to correct the unsuccessful geometry of the room. Lamps placed along the wall make the kitchen visually larger. Sconce with an upwardly directed light visually raise the ceiling. If the ceilings are very high, you can use a massive hanging lamp (for example, for a kitchen-living room).
- Do not forget about saving electricity. The most energy efficient devices are LED. In comparison with incandescent lamps, energy consumption is reduced to 90%.
The use of dimmers, which regulate illumination, also contributes to economy.
The independent development of kitchen furniture of any footage is a fascinating affair, and it's very easy to enter the design rage. But, if you feel that you have a catastrophic lack of knowledge, - contact the professional designers to create an interior project.