Choosing curtains, it is equally important to take into account both their aesthetics and functional side. Roman curtains in the kitchen in 2017 ideally meet these parameters. So, they will suit any interior and will always look beautiful and appropriate. In addition, such curtains are practical to use, which is sure to please the hostess. Dekorin offers to see a catalog of photos of Roman curtains in the kitchen.
Roman curtains in the kitchen: features and varieties
What are the Roman curtains different from the usual ones? First of all, simplicity of tailoring, practicality and minimalism. Thanks to this, such curtains will look great in any interior.
Kitchen Roman blinds are different:
Classical. In expanded form, they resemble roller blinds: their surface is smooth and without folds. And only when the classic curtains are folded into the accordion they are visible folds.
Cascading. On this form of Roman curtains, folds on the contrary do not disappear even in the unfolded form. This type of curtains will best look at the classic kitchen.
As a material for curtains use a direct cloth of a fabric (and any fabrics and their combinations). It is attached to a cornice with a special design, and with the help of an electric motor they are laid in folds. If the Roman curtains in the kitchen sewn lining, they will well darken the room and protect from the sun.
By the way, such curtains repel dust from themselves, and therefore to care for them simply.
Roman curtains in the kitchen on the balcony door
Recently, you can often find apartments in which the kitchen is combined with a balcony. And it's wonderful, because you can enjoy a cup of tea in the morning, sitting on the balcony and watching the nature. However, sooner or later the question arises about choosing curtains for such a room. An excellent option for a kitchen with a balcony are Roman curtains. This is because the balcony is often used, so the entrance and exit from it should be as simple and convenient for the owners as possible.
Roman blinds are suitable for frequent access to the balcony, but you need to choose them correctly. In the calculation should go the size of the balcony door. So, you can always open the door with ease, and nothing will stop you. It's enough just to lift the Roman curtains upstairs. You can see the beautiful Roman curtains on the balcony door in the following photos.
Design of Roman curtains in the kitchen
When choosing Roman curtains, you take care of the comfort of your home. So, you can choose the design of curtains, you need it. Fortunately, a large assortment allows you to do this. You can even buy several types of Roman curtains for the kitchen and change them from time to time. This is a great option for people who love change.
Roman blinds are often used for small windows: they look the most harmonious. However, if you have a wide window in your kitchen - it does not matter. You can always use two or three curtains together.
Designers recommend for the kitchen to use curtains of light shades, especially if the premises are small in size. In addition, light curtains will give a touch of freshness to your kitchen. If you do not want curtains of light colors, try to choose them under the general style of your kitchen. So, Roman curtains in the kitchen with a green pattern will become a bright accent in the kitchen and will surely attract attention. An example is in the photo below.
Read also: Roman curtains with their own hands: the basis for the independent production of Italian curtains
Decorate kitchen Roman blinds
Roman curtains provide a lot of space for creativity: you can always decorate them with a variety of bows, fringes, ruffles and other such things. Everything depends on the interior of the kitchen and, of course, on your wishes.
Choosing the fabric from which Roman curtains are made, first look at its practicality and functionality, and then on the appearance. This is explained by the fact that the kitchen is a place where food is constantly prepared, which means that the fat settles. However, for the right fabric, this is not a problem, because it is easily wiped off.
Sometimes Roman curtains in the kitchen are combined with tulle (as in the following photos). This is a rather interesting and unusual option, however, tulle and roller blinds must be properly combined. So, the latter should be made from natural fabrics of medium density, in order to combine well with tulle. But if you chose synthetic curtains, do not despair: matt tulle of pastel shade is suitable for them.
How to sew Roman curtains in the kitchen with their own hands
It is not always possible to find ready-made curtains of the color you need, but, fortunately, it is possible to sew Roman blinds yourself.
So, we need the following materials:
- the right fabric and lining;
- pins of metal or wood (you need about eight pieces);
- Velcro tape (the same length as the curtain width);
- hooks and carnations;
- a wooden bar that allows you to hang curtains, as well as a weighting bar;
- plastic rings.
Below you can see a diagram that allows you to calculate how much tissue you need.
First, to the measurements of the window opening, add 5 cm to the side seams and about 15 cm from the top and bottom. Using the table below, calculate how many folds you need on the curtain and what size they will be.
Stages of work when sewing Roman curtains with their own hands:
- On the wrong side of the fabric, indicate where there will be turns, wrinkles and rings. Mark all this according to the scheme.
- It's time to start sewing. Sew the sides of the fabric.
- Attach the Velcro to the bottom of the timber from the tree, using a furniture stapler or carnations. Top the curtains and attach a velcro to it, which is left. Thanks to this you can remove the curtains easily.
- Turn the fabric at the bottom of the curtains so that a pocket is formed (subsequently, a weighting agent will be inserted into it).
- Sew a fringe for finishing to the wrong part of the fabric. It turned out peculiar pockets, in which you need to insert the slats.
- Using the table below, mark the location of the rings on the curtains and sew them with your own hands.
- Attach the curtains to the bar (velcro will help). Fasten the fastening part of the cord to the window frame. Next, the cord should be wrapped around the frame, in order for the curtain to be fixed. Route the cord through the ring and tie a knot on its lower part.
- Now the cord must be passed through all the rings to the very top of the curtains. Do the same with all rings until all the cords are on the same side of the curtains (see the diagram below). Now we have creases: they need to be fixed (ribbons will help in this).
- Then attach the timber from the tree to the window frame. Ribbons that hold the curtain can be removed. After that, you should connect the cords to the node. Now thread the cords through the handle that raises the curtains, and measure 46 cm from the first knot. After that, you need to tie a knot and cut off the ends.
- The part that fastens the cord, fix on the window frame and around it wind the cord to fix the curtains.
That's all! The product is ready! You can see how Roman curtains, sewn by their own hands, looks on the windows in the following photos.