Laminate in the interior can already be safely called a traditional floor covering. With its excellent quality characteristics, it has a beautiful appearance, a huge number of colors and textures, which allows you to choose the best option for any design.
- Direct - the simple and most common arrangement of boards parallel to one of the walls. When choosing this method, it is important to take into account that the laminate can be spread along the line of light or across. In the first case, it will be possible to achieve a visual effect of the continuous plane. An excellent option for elongated narrow spaces, because it allows you to visually expand the walls with minimal pruning. If you lay the panels perpendicularly to the light flux, a small room will be visually increased, but joints will be strongly visible.
- Diagonal laying is more complicated and time-consuming, the material will need a little more (about 10-15%) because of the larger amount of pruning, but the effect will be appropriate. Diagonal lines visually increase the space, look brighter and more interesting. This method should be considered as the main one if the room has an irregular geometry.
- Non-standard laying (herringbone, square and other variants) - in this case we are talking about materials of certain brands that are suitable for laying by the chosen method, for example, Quick-step. Typically, this laminate is similar to small parquet boards and equipped with special locks. Externally, the coating is very similar to the parquet floor, and the methods of laying can be about 50.
Also, construction markets offer consumers a special series of laminated coatings with chamfer. On the boards there are depressions, when joining two adjacent panels, an almost imperceptible groove is formed. The accumulation of dust and moisture inside the recess will be hampered by a special wax coating. Externally, the laminate with a facet resembles an elite parquet from a wooden massif, besides, according to experts, with competent installation such a floor is more durable.Read also: The decor of the wedding hall +100 photo of the decoration ideas with their own hands
How the floor will be: dark or light
Between modern designers there are constantly disputes on this subject. Some are sure that the light remains a trend of this and future seasons. Others, emphasizing the shortcomings of pastel shades, argue that the dark is an undying classic that will never go out of style. In a sense, both sides are right, because each option has its advantages and disadvantages.
When the light floor is better than dark:
- Bright laminate can complement many popular styles: kontemporari, ethnic, country, provence and of course the shebbi chic, which can not be imagined without white shabby floors.
- The light floor increases the degree of illumination of the room, so it will be an excellent option for small rooms, with windows to the north.
- In rooms with a light floor, an easier and more airy atmosphere is created, especially if the situation is correctly supplemented with the same furnishings and translucent textiles.
- The palette plays a significant role in the visual perception of space. So, for example, when the floor is lighter than the walls, the ceilings seem to be higher. When it is necessary to achieve an expansion, the surfaces are made about the same tone.
- Light floors and walls do not cause problems when selecting furniture and accents, a more universal combination is difficult to come up with. No less important is that the surfaces do not attract attention, making one admire the decorator's work on the situation.
When to put a dark laminate on the floor:
- Solidity is associated exclusively with a dark tree. The light floor is different: trendy, stylish, clean, but definitely not respectable. If you want to create a luxurious interior with an emphasis on high cost, the dark floor will be the only suitable option.
Visually, a light coat always looks cheaper and easier than a dark one, even if it's really much more expensive.
- Dark floors will bring an atmosphere of warmth and comfort. By focusing on ease, you can lose such qualities as coziness and prestige. In advance it is necessary to think, that it is more preferable: home comfort or fashionable weightlessness.
- Dark laminate in small rooms is usually contraindicated, but not always. He will make the room smaller in all directions. Visually, the room will appear already, shorter and lower, unless you can restore the previous dimensions: move the walls light conditions and raise the ceiling with vertical stripes on the walls.
- Not the last is the question of purity. Light coating will have to be washed much more often. Therefore, it is recommended to lay only in rooms with little traffic. Although it is worth remembering the American proverb about the dark floors, which says: first buy a housekeeper, and then stele dark parquet. The darker the coating, the better it is visible villi, dust, garbage, pet hair, and on some covers also footprints.
The conclusion suggests itself: when choosing a color, it is important to focus on the questions of style, but do not forget about practicality. Perhaps somewhere it would be more appropriate to play in contrast, and somewhere to sacrifice coziness for the sake of the latest fashion trend.
Popular variations of color combinations for walls, floors and ceilings
Techniques and various subtleties there is a mass, therefore we will consider the most vivid and popular options for the design of the apartment.
Always current gradient
The main principle of this design is a smooth transition from a dark laminate on the floor to a white ceiling. The walls can be painted to the full height in one chosen tone or separated by wooden panels, the doors can be in one tone with walls or contrast.
Stylish and catchy contrast
The contrasting color gamut is invariably interesting and saturated. In addition, it allows you to level out minor flaws in the geometry of the room. For rooms with a low ceiling, it is desirable to select rich shades with ornament for the walls, the ceiling is made as light as possible, and the opposite floor is very dark. If the rooms are narrow and low, the same techniques are used, but one of the walls is made as light as possible in the acceptable key.
Lots of light and freedom
Under this motto, interiors are created, with a predominance of light colors against the background of the light-colored sex. It is best suited for rooms with small squares and weak natural light.
Here you can consider two interesting options:
- The dark floor, light walls, dark ceiling;
- Light floor, dark walls, light ceiling.
And the first second option is better to use in fairly spacious rooms.
Laminate in the interior design has long been not purely outdoor material. It has become more versatile in application, successfully used on other surfaces, in particular on walls.
One of the most popular options is the decoration of the hallway, where the material has become a worthy replacement for plastic lining. Most often, the panels are raised to a height equal to their length, or they completely sew up one or two walls that are most susceptible to mechanical damage.See also: Lining in the interior - 25 photos
To decorate the walls of rooms with laminate alone is an excess, whereas a competent partial application can be called a successful design decision. In the kitchen, the work wall is usually sewn up. It looks very interesting when the apron is in harmony with the color of the facade. On the performance level, good laminate is only slightly inferior to the tile, at a price it is much cheaper, besides it is easier to install. In the living room can take up any wall or part of it, depending on the layout and design.
In the bedroom, as a rule, the panels are filled with a wall at the head of the bed. The surface imitating the tree will be an excellent addition to the headset, emphasizing the unity of the interior. Balconies and loggias are perhaps the only place where laminate as a finishing coat can be used on all surfaces at once and it will not be much. If stylistics allows, the panels can be used in the bathroom, only not in the shower area. Even moisture resistant, the best laminate for it does not fit, and the walls in the washbasin area behind the mirrors are quite.
Laminate on the walls can be stacked in various ways, but the rules of visual perception remain the same: horizontal lines move the walls, vertical - lift the ceiling.
On the ceiling
For a long time already the idea of "eurorepair" with its multi-tier ceilings is not nice to the spoiled consumer. In place of new materials, in particular laminate. One of the reasons for its non-standard use was the desire to decorate the ceiling in any accessible way. The ceiling is more expressive, providing additional soundproofing properties. Walk on it is unlikely to have, so laminate can choose the lowest class.
When decorating the ceiling with laminate, designers use different techniques: full or partial lining. Sometimes it is appropriate to finish part of the wall, which moves to the ceiling, highlighting the functional area. This method is usually used above the bed or in the kitchens, when you need to distinguish the dining room or bar area. Often laminate, as an alternative to a wooden paneling, is used for mantle roofing.
Of course, this approach will not be widely claimed in the realities of high-rise buildings, where ceilings of 2 meters in height with a tail are already low.
Laminate in the interior - the best option for creating a beautiful and tidy floor without extra costs, as well as the original interior of the apartment with non-standard use of material on the walls or ceiling. The main thing is that in all there was harmony of color and sense of proportion.