One of the most difficult decisions that we take when designing your house or apartment is how to arrange furniture in the hall. Different layout of furniture in the room will differently affect its atmosphere, visual appearance and comfort. Is your living room too small? Or, on the contrary, it is too spacious and uncomfortable? With the help of simple tips collected in this article, you can create a layout that you will enjoy happily ever after.
The article will be useful to those who:
- I decided to update the boring environment a little;
- He wants to make his living room more convenient and functional;
- Is going to make repairs and buy new furniture for the hall.
Below you will find recommendations for the right choice of furniture, interesting and varied options for its location, as well as pictures of the living rooms before and after the rearrangement. Let's get started!
Proper layout of the living room: where to start
Careful planning is the key to everything. Today, the Internet has many excellent programs that allow you to "play" with options for arranging furniture for free. Try using the room planner Planoplan, Sweet Home 3D or Planner 5D. All of them are very comfortable and offer a lot of options for visualizing the living room of your dreams.
Also read: 15 stylish color schemes for living room design
Or maybe you prefer to plan in the old-fashioned way? Then take a paper or paper in a cage. Draw a plan of the room on it, then on a separate sheet draw and cut out the pieces of furniture that you already have (do not forget to observe the scale, for example, 1 cell = 10 cm). After that you can move them as much as you like according to the drawing of the room, until you find the location of the furniture that will suit you completely.
Whatever method of preparation you choose, the next order of actions will be the same both on paper and in the program. Start visualizing your first option, how to arrange furniture in the hall, with the placement of the largest objects: a sofa, armchairs, curbstones for a TV
How to arrange furniture in the hall: tips, options and schemes
I think you will agree that it is much easier to change the layout of furniture on paper or in a program than physically moving sofas, armchairs and cabinets. But the main secret of a successful solution, how to arrange furniture in the hall, is to take into account all the needs of your family. The living room should be not only beautiful, but also comfortable! Therefore, be sure to analyze how you usually spend time in it. Do guests often come to you, do you play different games with children or mostly just watch TV? Correct arrangement of priorities will help you make a list of necessary furniture and make your living room comfortable for everyone.
Also, when planning a living room from scratch and even with a small rearrangement of furniture, you need to keep in mind that comfort largely depends on the freedom of movement and the distances between different furnishings. Pay special attention to the following:
- The most convenient distance between the upholstered furniture and the coffee table is in the range from 40 to 50 cm;
- The width of the passageways in the interior should be not less than 60 cm, and in large halls can reach up to 120 cm;
- It is recommended to set the TV so that its screen is not more than 3 meters, but not closer than 1.8 meters from the sofa;
- The distance between the armchairs and the sofas should be minimal to ensure the convenience of conversation and conversation;
- The same furniture will look different in the store and in your living room. Usually for large living rooms choose furniture with large dimensions, and for small - neat and thin products. If you have a small hall, but like, say, impressive modular sofas and armchairs, then just reduce the number of objects in the interior to a minimum, and vice versa.
Also read: Interior of the living room in a modern style - best photos
Now you know about the basic rules of the layout of the living room, so it's time to show you clearly how you can arrange furniture in the hall. To begin with, consider the classical options for arranging furniture in the living room: symmetry (1), U-shaped layout (2), diagonal (3) and zonal planning (4).
- The symmetrical arrangement of furniture is a 100% win-win option for all residential areas.
2. The second most popular way to arrange furniture is the U-shaped layout of the living room.
3. When furniture is placed at an angle to the walls or diagonally, it takes up much more space. Therefore, the third option is suitable only for large rooms, studio apartments and kitchens, combined with living rooms.
4. For two-room apartments and other small dwellings, an ideal option may be to divide the living-room into separate sections, for example, into an entertainment zone and a home office, as in the following scheme.
Arrangement of furniture in a small living room
Is your living room very small? With the proper arrangement of furniture, you will certainly make it look beautiful and comfortable! The main thing is to observe 2 key rules:
- Do not block the window with high furniture, floor lamps or indoor plants;
- Leave a free zone at the entrance to the room.
In addition, as we said above, for a small living room is best to choose thin and oversized furniture, for example in the classical style or in the spirit of retro-minimalism of the 50's. Narrow wooden armrests of upholstered furniture, sofas and armchairs on legs, glass and acrylic transparent cases - they are all just created to save space!
In the following image you are presented with several win-win ideas, how to arrange furniture in a small size room.
Also read: Ideas for decorating a small living room
How to properly arrange furniture in the room - 10 photos of living rooms
What effect do you want to get from furniture arrangement? What is closer to you: a solid living room with a home office or a relaxing rest room? The fact is that the final result will depend not only on the correct arrangement of furniture in the room, but also on the type of lighting, design and color of the curtains, as well as other factors. We advise you to pay attention to them when you study the next 10 photos of different furniture layout options in the hall.
Also read: Curtains for the living room - new items in design + photo 2016
Moving furniture in the living room: before and after photos
If instead of repair you have a slight rearrangement of furniture, then below you will find several excellent ways to change the appearance of the hall for the better. The first 4 schemes will show you how to eliminate common mistakes in the layout of the living room. And after them you will see how different ways of rearranging furniture have been put into practice. We hope that Dekorin inspires you! Stay with us!
Also read: Top 10 Ways to Make an Empty Corner in the Living Room