"Naked" brick walls began to decorate the interiors ever since people began to adapt abandoned industrial premises for housing. Today they are popular mainly thanks to the fashion on loft and industrial. But you can also see them in the design of rooms in the styles of high-tech, country, Scandinavian, minimalism and art deco. How to choose suitable materials and with what can a brick wall in the interior be combined at all? Read more in our article with 30 photos!
How to make a brick wall in the interior: choose the material
You can either paint an ordinary brick wall in the interior, and make it an imitation using tiles or wallpaper.
That the real wall from a brick looked esthetically, it is required for you:
- Sand it, and then wipe the seams;
- Wash thoroughly and allow to dry;
- Cover the clean and prepared surface with a colorless varnish, water-based paint or stain.
If you do not live in a brick house, then pay attention to the option of using brick tiles ("brick veneer"). It is quite thin and will not reduce the area of the room, in contrast to real brickwork.
Simulation of a brick wall in the interior with wallpaper is the simplest option, which does not require large expenditures. You can choose wallpaper for painting, which will transfer only the texture of the brick, and you independently paint them in the desired color.
Or buy ready-made color wallpaper, as in the following photos.
Also read: Wallpaper in the loft style - all the variants with examples in the photo
How can I paint a brick wall in the interior?
By painting a brick wall with paint or stain, you can create an interesting design in the living room or any other room. All you need is to prepare the wall and determine the color and way of painting. For example, it could be:
- The white brick wall in the interior is a very fashionable and elegant option;
- The effect of crumbling whitewash or scuffing. It is created by diluting the paint with water in a ratio of 3: 1 or more. Apply the mortar on the wall, wait a little while the paint is absorbed, and repeat the procedure again.
- "Morenic brick" - covering the wall with a special stain for bricks, which will give a more saturated tone.
How to look painting a brick wall in the interior - look at the photo below!
Also read: Paint for walls in the apartment - which composition and color should I choose?
What is the combination of a brick wall in the interior?
How to decorate the rest of the walls in the interior, if one of them is brick? The answer to this question depends on the design of your room. In general, a brick wall can perfectly match walls:
- Plastered or painted with white, beige, gray or red shades;
- Glued wallpaper in a strip or with a small pattern;
- Woven wood, boards or wood panels.
Note that furniture and additional accessories are selected taking into account the style in the interior. If this is a loft, then you should choose a bright decor in the bohemian spirit. Beautiful textiles will make cozy any room with brick walls, as well as wooden elements. Get some inspiration with the following photos!
Brick walls - 10 photos in the interior design:
Also read: Fashionable wallpaper for walls - colors and patterns of 2016