In earlier times, fireplaces were built exclusively of refractory ceramic bricks. Today they make cast-iron fireplaces, steel and combined. Of cast iron, of course, do not themselves portals of these furnaces, but only a furnace - the place where the combustion of fuel.
In this article, read:
- 1 Device fireplace
- 2 How to ensure the heating of the house with a fireplace
- 3 Choice of furnace for fireplace
- 4 Choosing a cast-iron fireplace. Video
- 5 Cast-iron fireplaces-comfort, comfort, safety
A fireplace is an oven that is arranged in the interior of a house or villa. Most often they perform a decorative function. Since the heating of the room where such a furnace is located, occurs only as long as the wood or coals in it burn. The heat accumulated in brick ceramics is very quickly given. Therefore it is difficult to heat the room adjacent to the stove.
Decorative fireplace with cast iron furnace-decoration of the living room.
Modern fireplace with chimney and flaps made of refractory glass. A beautiful design, and an extraordinary color-spillway makes the fireplace an ornament to the interior of the living room.
Modern fireplaces have their own elegant style.
In the fireplace there are 3 parts, each of which carries a certain function:
- Portal - this is the outer part, which is decorated with various materials. The most luxurious portals of fireplaces are made of marble. These can be seen not only in ancient palaces. Rich modern houses also have fireplaces, finished with marble. But more often the outer part of such a furnace is trimmed with natural or artificial stone. Above the portal draw a shelf to accommodate all kinds of ornaments. In the lower part of the warehouse is often arranged for a small amount of firewood. But it, more likely, too a decorative element of an external part of a fireplace.
- The fireplace chimney should create a powerful pull. Otherwise, all the smoke will go into the room, which is very dangerous for the health and even life of people in the room where the fireplace is burning. In fact, when burning, oxygen content in the air decreases significantly. Therefore, it is very important to approach the design and construction of the chimney. In addition, the chimney must be cleaned regularly, since soot settling on the walls of the chimney can catch fire.
- The furnace. Previously, it was always open type. This created a high probability of a fire. Therefore, the furnace was covered with a grating screen. In modern conditions, screens of refractory glass are used. It is even better to use fireplaces made of cast iron for fire-prevention purposes.
Cast-iron fireplace with an interesting portal solution of ferrous metal and light fire-resistant tiles.
The combination of comfort, warmth and comfort in the country house-cast-iron fireplace.
Modern cast-iron fireplace with refractory glass-the ability to enjoy live fire and safety.
How to ensure the heating of the house with the help of a fireplace
Provide heating not only the room where the furnace is located, but also the neighboring rooms, it is possible, using cast-iron stoves-fireplaces. What makes this possible? The fact is that cast iron is a material with a very high heat capacity. This means that it not only heats up for a long time, but also gives heat for as long as it heats the air in the room where it burns and the walls of adjacent rooms. If the chimney flue passes through the inner premises of the second floor of the house, then these rooms will also be heated.
Modern fireplace in high-tech style for a modern house.
A fireplace with a cast-iron furnace will keep warm.
The fireplace in red and black colors is a decoration of the kitchen in the style of Provence.
Cast-iron high-tech fireplace in the design of the portal of natural stone is a pleasant combination of opposites.
The decoration of the fireplace in the country style of the country house of harsh Scandinavia.
In a conventional brick fireplace, the duration of burning is limited, since overheating of the furnace may occur. Furnaces-fireplaces of long burning, in which the furnace is made of cast iron, can be operated for hours on end. This will also enable more efficient heating of several rooms.
Choice of furnace for fireplace
So, it becomes clear that cast-iron stoves-fireplaces are preferable to open brick fireplaces. But besides the cast-iron furnaces for fireplaces, there are the same constructions made of steel. They are usually covered with ceramic refractory bricks. This is done in order to somehow accumulate heat, because the steel very quickly heats up and just as quickly cools. A steel furnace can not work for a long time, as this can lead to overheating and burnout of steel. That's why many consumers prefer chimneys made of cast iron.
On sale you can find firebox with a different design. So, there are combustion chambers with a huge panoramic glass. This design makes the design of the chimney hall quite amazing.
Today, not only cast-iron furnaces are made, but almost real cast-iron fireplaces that are installed in a niche made of refractory bricks.
True, it is necessary to equip an effective chimney in advance. Like most cast-iron structures, fireplaces are fireboxes of a closed type - they have doors.
However, it's not just about design. Although he plays an important role. The technical characteristics of the furnace are important.
If the choice has already fallen on the cast iron furnace, it is worthwhile to figure out which combustion chamber to choose. Today, the market presents various fireplaces made of cast iron. They have different sizes, can be welded or cast, differ in internal design. It is from the design depends on the efficiency of combustion of fuel, in other words, efficiency.
Portable fireplace with cast iron furnace for cool nights of southern latitudes of Europe.
Fireplace for the country house of foggy Albion.
A fireplace with cast cast-iron furnace and a massive portal made of bricks will warm the house for a long time.
A large cast-iron fireplace for a country house in the country style.
Of course, it's not the expert who looks inside the firebox, absolutely nothing will understand. Therefore, when choosing a cast-iron chamber for internal combustion of a fireplace, it is necessary to ask in detail the seller-consultant (subject to his competence) about all the characteristics of the structure being purchased and, most importantly, about its efficiency. After all, not having received complete information, it is possible to purchase fireplace equipment with a low efficiency factor of 75-78%.
Choice of a cast-iron fireplace. Video
Cast-iron fireplaces-comfort, comfort, safety