To support ourselves and you, our dear readers, in the course of modern trends and novelties in the design of private houses and apartments, we constantly monitor the requests of Internet users and themed sites such as Houzz and Pinterest that unite millions of designers and decorators from all over the world . In this article, you will learn how to create a stylish and fashionable design of a private home in 2016 - for this we have collected here the main trends in the design of the interiors of private houses. How do people of our time see the house of their dreams? Read on!
The design of houses in our time requires the ability to combine many styles and currents into one living space. The problem is that even when using different directions in one location, get the most organic result in the form of a house, where it will be comfortable and comfortable for its owners.
(If you are interested in the design of the facade of the house, then see our article "Choosing a reliable and beautiful facade", which presents 40 photos of houses with a stylish finish, as well as the advantages and disadvantages of different finishing materials.)
Modern design of a private home - general trends 2016
Today's stage of development of design of dwellings can be called a period of a combination of contrasts. We enjoy the convenience presented with new modern technologies, but they also make us miss the nature and uncomplicated comfort that the parent house gives. We are equally admired by the luxury of classical styles - Baroque, Rococo, Empire
The diversity of our culture has created a need for homes that will allow us to be light and free for reflection, expression and contemplation. Here are 5 general trends in the design of private homes that we see today:
1. Open lay-out
This is, of course, the trend number 1. Everything began with the unification of the kitchen, living room and dining area, then the walls between the bedroom, the bathroom and the dressing room began to disappear. Balconies, verandas and terraces have become larger, and the partitions between them and the rest of the house are more transparent. Following the glass doors and partitions came the fashion for glazing the facades and huge windows. We are a part of the world around us, the beautiful world, so why isolate it from it?
Also read: Combining the kitchen with the living room - 30 examples for inspiration
2. Smart technologies
It's not just about expensive "smart house" systems, but also about preserving the environment and own money. Taking care of ecology today is not only fashionable, but also profitable. Systems saving water, solar panels and collectors are decent, but pay off with interest. In addition, looking at the success of these devices in the west, we can expect that soon they will become more affordable for the inhabitants of the CIS. Among other popular smart technologies for home - security control, chromotherapy, climate control, etc.
Also read: 10 Steps to Greening Your Home
It is especially interesting to observe how this modern trend is combined with the next - it seems to him, quite the opposite.
3. Elements of old estates
This is exactly what we mentioned above: new technologies make life easier and more comfortable, but we also need romance, comfort and a spiritual atmosphere. Therefore, in modern private homes, regardless of the style of decoration, today you can increasingly find such elements of old estates as:
- Libraries. Yes, they return to the design of the private house. There is something soothing about being surrounded by books. Even if the area of the house does not allow to allocate a separate room for them, you can equip a cozy reading corner in the bedroom or living room.
- Wine storerooms and cellars. While one is a small enough bar rack or shelf for wine, others bring their love of collectible drinks to a new level by setting aside for them a special room. In general, wine has long been not just a drink, but also an element of luxury in interior design.
- Offices. Elegant home offices with comfortable furniture return to fashion on a par with libraries. Perhaps the trend came from the fact that many modern people work at home? But even those who do not apply to such workaholics today are assigned a separate room or angle to creativity, planning, housekeeping, document storage
- Women's boudoir. Most modern women work on a par with men, and therefore need a space where they can just be ladies. Within each careerist lives a fragile and refined lady, who sometimes wants to hide and dream under the canopy, or spend several hours in front of the dressing table, smartening up.
4. Home Sports Corner
Not everyone can afford to make a gym in the house, but this is not required. Your sports corner can include both different simulators, just a treadmill or "bike", a yoga mat, a Swedish wall, a pylon, dumbbell shelves and other equipment. The options for playing sports at home are hundreds, and a small budget is not an excuse for your laziness. Add here motivational posters, mirrors, a small TV or audio system, houseplants ... You will like it!
5. Built-in furniture
This trend in the design of private houses perfectly echoes the trend number 1. Built-in furniture is great to save space and gives the rooms a more integrated look than when there are separate bulky cabinets, chests and pedestals. Built-in furniture today is often made out in the color of the walls and is crowned with skirting boards and ceiling friezes to be as "invisible" as possible. Also popular are built-in wardrobes with open shelves for books, dishes and decor, which visually increase the volume of premises. A very smart trend, which can be safely attributed to "eternal" or timeless design solutions!
Also read: Interior of a private house before and after - 40 photos of rooms
Features of modern kitchen design in a private house
Since in the design of private houses the kitchen increasingly began to unite with the living room, it ceased to be just a working room and turned into the real heart of a modern home. Below are some of the main trends in modern kitchen design:
- Heated floors, usually covered with stone or ceramic tiles;
- Availability of functional kitchen island and / or bar counter;
- Kitchen appliances of restaurant quality;
- Availability of a pantry or built-in storage closet;
- Smart organizers for storage of products and accessories;
- Purification filters for water;
- Built-in lighting for worktops and shelves in lockers;
- Stylish and creative "aprons" for the kitchen.
Bathroom decoration in a private house - a combination of luxury and spa
This room in the interior of the private house began to receive increased attention. The modern bathroom is a place for rest and relaxation, and people want to feel here, as if in a luxurious five-star resort. This is indicated not only by the growing popularity of marble bathroom finishes, but also by trends such as:
- Asian style decoration of bathrooms (in particular Chinese, Japanese and Moroccan)
- Separate standing bathrooms and large open showers, which replaced the closed booths;
- Stylish heated towel rails and floors;
- Built-in appliances, including audio systems, chromotherapy, LCD TVs
- Decoration of the bathroom with natural materials (wood, stone) and indoor plants;
- The presence of large windows with chic curtains.
Fashionable design of the living room and other rooms of a private house
Finally, let us cite a few more trends in interior design of a private house, which you should take note if you are going to be engaged in repairs in the near future:
- Exciting lighting, which increasingly acts as the main design element (LED lighting of various elements, spot lights, luxury suspended lamps and chandeliers, industrial lamps, etc.);
- Stylish stairs to the porch and between the floors (with illuminated steps, walled photo galleries, unusual handrails or other features);
- Spacious and bright hallways with a friendly decor;
- Large and comfortable cushioned furniture (in particular modular sofas, pouffes and armchairs);
- Bright window frames (in particular in the fashion black color, gray metallic, as well as brown wood shades, at the same time, typical white frames are not welcomed, especially with the color facade);
- Elements of nostalgia (old children's toys, retro posters, lace curtains, vintage refrigerators and other antique items that look stunning on the background of modern interior design);
- Light, "old" and roughly processed wood, which gives a special connection between the inside of the house and nature;
- Scandinavian textiles, geometric patterns and restrained-bright ornaments of which ideally look both in modern and traditional interiors.