Who does not want to relax before the fireplace after a hard day's work and pass the evening watching your favorite TV shows? However, you could hear and say against putting these things around. Can I hang up the TV above the fireplace, what are the ideas for improving security, and how does this solution look in the interior of the living room - learn more from this article.
Can I hang up the TV above the fireplace
In most houses, the fireplace is an architectural feature and the central design element around which soft furniture is laid to rest and sit around with the whole family. A similar role in the living room is played by the TV, so it is important that it is also within sight of the couch and armchairs.
But is it possible to hang the TV directly over the fireplace? First, let's look at the main arguments against:
- Great load on the neck. In 90% of cases, the TV is too high above the fireplace, which means that you have to lift your chin to watch the broadcasts.
- Wiring. If you have a traditional fireplace in the living room with a pipe made of brick or masonry, then hiding cables and cables hanging from TV will be quite problematic.
- The impact of heat can be devastating to the TV.
If you do not hang up the TV above the fireplace, then how do you place it? Look at the photo:
And yet many designers prefer to have a fireplace under the TV, as you'll see by looking at the photo of the interiors in this article. To maintain the safety and beauty of the design, they adhere to the following rules:
- The TV screen should be installed at a height of 150-170 cm above the floor with a distance of 160-170 cm from the sofa. This is an average for modern plasmas with a diameter of up to 42 inches. The higher the TV is suspended and the larger its screen - the farther away from it there should be soft furniture.
2. The wiring can be hidden using a gypsum board recess or wall panels. The location of the TV in the niche also helps protect the TV from heat. Get ideas for a niche design under a TV with 25 photos in the article under the link.
3. The potential overheating problem is solved with a safe temperature regime. For most modern TVs, the limit is 45 degrees Celsius. If you are worried that the fireplace does not damage your expensive plasma, then place a small thermometer next to it and make sure that its indicator does not reach the critical level. A wide mantelpiece (more than 36 cm) is also a good way to protect the TV.
Among other things, the TV and the fireplace must complement each other in composition and have approximately the same dimensions. We advise you to take advantage of a wonderful idea with a hidden TV above the fireplace. This option will allow you to concentrate all your attention on the flame of the fire, and you definitely will not want to take the console into your hands.
Also read: Which fireplace is best for an apartment: bio, electric or gas?
Fireplace under the TV: photo in the interior of the living room
What is the best fireplace to place under the TV? We advise you to stop your choice on a bio-, electro- or falsh-fireplace. The first option is recommended if the temperature of the burners is not too high. The second one is safe if you follow the rules given above, and also its design can perfectly match a flat screen. Note that in most electric fireplaces, warm air circulates at an angle down and forward, so that the TV does not suffer from overheating exactly. The false fireplace will add comfort to the interior of your living room, and will not affect the operation of the TV in any way.
Also read: How to arrange furniture in the hall - photo of living rooms before and after Also read: Fashionable interior design - the most popular styles for 2017
Remember that fire, like water, requires peace of mind. If you want to spend an evening in silence and pay attention to your thoughts - turn on the fireplace. If, on the contrary, you want to rest from everything - include your favorite movie or a cheerful TV show. In this case, psychologists do not recommend simultaneously to include both devices. Due to the fact that your attention will dissipate, there may be a headache, uncomfortable sensations and fatigue in the eyes.