Do you want to fill your house with natural motives? Design the kitchen in a shade of olive and you will have a corner in which will reign the young greenery, the sun and eternal summer.
Variety of shades
Olive is the color of immature olives. Its palette includes many different shades from pale olive to black and olive. This color scheme includes the color of weeping willow, watercress, moss, antique gold, shades of khaki, military, and this is only a small fraction of possible options. Any of the tones, referring to yellow-green, golden brown and brown-green, can be called olive. Such a rich palette allows you to create spectacular interiors with different shades of the same color.
Application in interior styles
The main advantage of olive oil is its versatility. Elegant restraint of tones with success will emphasize the dignity of any interior. The main thing is to choose the right shades and remember some nuances. The shades of olive have the following properties:
- Absorb the light. They are ideal for a kitchen with good natural light. And in a room with a deficit of sunlight, these colors are best not to use. In a pinch, you can fix the situation by adding a few extra lights;
- Narrow the space. In small rooms, you should not use them for finishing walls or furniture, so as not to overload an already tight room. In such an interior shade is better to enter dosed - with the help of accessories.
Tone olives are particularly appropriate in classical, Provencal solutions. Not less organically, they look in the styles of modern, high-tech or minimalism. In a private house, you can implement eco-style. There it is much easier to do than in the apartment. A large space allows you to arrange a cozy zone with a fireplace, the flame of which in the evenings will illuminate the room.
Ways of using color in decoration
Having decided to apply olive paints in the interior of the kitchen, you need to decide - where they will be concentrated. Will the site of their deployment of the wall, floor, ceiling or the headset itself be made in this shade. There are plenty of design options. Let's consider the most popular color applications.
Ceiling in the olive interior
In the design of the ceiling you can use white, pastel colors or the lightest, transparent shades of olive. Dark, saturated tones visually approximate the coating, make it oppressive and heavy. Bright can be added as a contrast fragment. For example, insert a glossy yellow-green or golden detail in the form of a circle or square in a white or beige design, or paint a baguette in one of these shades. You can divide the ceiling into two parts and make one of them an olive, along with zoning the room. The space for creative ideas is unlimited.
As a material for finishing the ceiling choose:
- Paint - traditionally use white shades, but with the help of colors you can create any tones;
- ceiling tile - once forgotten material once again becomes popular due to the variety of colors, patterns and textures;
- Stretch ceilings and panels - in the first case, the canvas is mounted in a whole piece, in the second - fixed on aluminum frames, which are then fixed to the ceiling. The standard size of one panel is approximately 60x60 cm. It is possible to produce structural elements of different shapes - a semicircle, a triangle, an oval according to the customer's order. As a basis use matte and glossy PVC film, special fabrics. The advantage of stretch ceilings is the possibility of using photo printing. The olive interior is beautifully supported by floral ornaments on a white or beige background;
- Plasterboard suspended structures. As a finish finish, paint, liquid and ordinary wallpaper, textured plaster, practical plastic panels are used;
- Combined finish - it can combine different materials.
Variants of wall and floor finishing
Olive kitchen should not resemble a swamp marsh. It is necessary to refresh the color, filling the interior with light colors. Against their backdrop, any shade of yellow-green-brown range will manifest itself to the fullest, but the room will not turn into a sleepy quagmire. Choosing a color solution for walls, you need to remember - if they are decorated in shades of olive, the set should be light - white, milky, beige, the color of natural pine. If it is assumed that the furniture will be dominated by greenish-brown hues, the background surfaces must be "brightened".
You can paint in a bright greenish-yellow hue one of the free walls of the room, or maintain the main color accented with a picture of an olive branch.
You can decorate the walls with:
- Wallpaper - the kitchen is experiencing all the consequences of the cooking process. For this room thin slippery coatings do not work. Materials must be practical and wear-resistant. They should not be afraid of moisture and detergents. Use vinyl, non-woven, metallized, cork wallpaper and do not be afraid to put a stain on the wall - it's so easy to eliminate;
- Stains are a practical and inexpensive option for finishing. Any defects can easily be eliminated by covering the surface with a new layer of material or by hiding a flaw under the decorative pattern. The surface under coloring can be both smooth and textured;
- Panels - any options that are not afraid of water - natural wood with a wax coating, MDF, PVC, are suitable. Panels can be in the form of rake, tile and sheet;
- Tiles - usually tiles form only the area above the working surface, but nothing prevents from laying this material around the perimeter of the walls. To the ceramic surface is not so nice to touch, except in the heat, but it is perfectly clean.
Sex is better to withstand in light colors. Tiles with a monophonic surface soften the intensity of the primary color, and patterns with plant themes will focus on themselves. The natural theme can be supported by decoration with a pattern for natural wood. For this purpose, suitable laminate flooring, parquet board, vinyl panels, linoleum, granite, cork.
Set for kitchen
To olive furniture does not load space, it is placed against a white or dairy wall. The greenish-brown facades look spectacularly against the background of a light table top, an "apron" and a floor covering. Manufacturers use for kitchens bright and delicate shades of khaki or combinations of light and deep saturated tones. Classic headset, as a rule, monophonic, often decorated with patina. In modern kitchens, the combination of olive with gray, white, sky-blue, beige, orange, wenge and even black is widely used. If the walls are greenish-yellow, the set is better to choose in neutral tones.
For the facades use the following materials:
- A natural tree - it can be presented in its original color or be painted in the necessary shade. It requires careful treatment, but with good care it will be for many years to please owners with their appearance;
- MDF - waterproof material, which allows to realize any extraordinary design ideas. The board made of wood shavings and resin can easily be bent. This allows you to give lockers rounded forms, smooth out sharp corners and hide corner shelves. The facades of MDF, solid and frame, frame the kitchens of different styles - from classics and provance to loft and hi-tech. Glazing and matte PVC films, plastic, enamel can serve as coating for small-scale slabs. Matte facades will be appropriate in minimalist interiors, glossy - in those where the shine of metal, glass and high-tech devices reigns;
- Glass - doors made of hardened material look spectacular and give the interiors a spirit of ultramodernity.
Transparent surfaces are decorated with color films, both monotonous, and with different images. This is a safe material, since it does not form sharp fragments when broken. The only inconvenience - on the glass prints are clearly visible, so cleaning with such facades will be added. The worktop can be made of various materials - natural or artificial stone, laminated MDF or chipboard, wood or metal. The latter will fit perfectly into a modern interior. To design an apron, there are many possible options. The main thing is that the material is moisture resistant, durable and in harmony with the rest of the design. The apron is made of tile, mosaic, porcelain tiles, plastic panels, wood, glass, particle board.
Furniture, decorative elements and textiles
The dining room should complement the suite and be combined with it in style. It can be made in the same color as the working area, or on the contrary - in contrasting hues. In addition to the combined facades, you can choose furniture in one of the used colors. In the newfangled space perfectly fit the glass table, coupled with olive plastic chairs. A table of glass can also be colored. To a table top or an apron from a natural tree it is better to pick up furniture from the same material. Oven, stove, sink and refrigerator can be made in beige or silvery tones. But black color should be used with caution.
The refrigerator can be hidden by integrating it into the headset, or you can buy a bright olive model, and make the device the main decoration of the interior.
Kitchen in the tones of the olive needs spectacular nuances. Perfect for the Mediterranean style are small accessories of orange color, lemon, crimson, lime, turquoise. In traditional interiors you can add comfort and tenderness with the help of beige or creamy tones. The ambitiousness of the sparkling hi-tech emphasizes the chrome parts. As a decor, you can use dishes, holders for hotter, vases with flowers, watches, paintings, posters, photos of loved ones, whatever you want. The only condition is that it matches the style and color scheme. It is impossible to imagine a kitchen without textiles. Even minimalist interiors do not refuse the use of curtains, napkins on the dining table, sofa cushions. Curtains, tablecloth, napkins, towels, potholders - all this makes the room home-like cozy. In the olive kitchen will effectively look curtains of white, cream, beige hue. A truly "tasty" picture can be created with the help of textiles of chocolate, crimson, mustard color.
How to light an olive room
Light in the olive kitchen should be a lot. Greenish-yellow shades will ideally look in the room with large panoramic windows overlooking the sunny side. If there is not enough light in the room, it is necessary to equip it with a large number of various fixtures. Point devices in cooperation with a large chandelier will perfectly cope with the lighting of a dark kitchen, both in the afternoon and in the evening. In addition, it is absolutely necessary to equip the working and dining areas with lamps. All lighting options must have separate switches to maximize energy savings.
Avoid fluorescent devices with bluish glow. They are capable of distorting the shades beyond recognition, turning a cheerful or noble olive kitchen into an undefined pantry.
To get rid of the effect of a dark room, enter into the interior warm and bright nuances. For example, an orange apron and a lamp shade, or a yellow tablecloth and curtains. Use mirrors and other reflective surfaces. They will bring more light into the room and expand the space.See also: 75 ideas for window design in the kitchen
Combination with other colors
The beauty and elegance of olive color is especially evident in the commonwealth with neutral and warm shades. If you decorate the kitchen in the colors of the main palette only, the color will lose its expressiveness, become boring and uninteresting. This atmosphere helps to reduce productivity, causes drowsiness.
Combination with white
Strict, but warm combination, which will be absolutely appropriate in any style. Shades can occur in the headset, if the closets of the upper row are white, and the bottom - olive. To revitalize such an interior will help active accessories, prints on the facades, sets for tea or spices, vases, flowers, paintings, napkins, ornamental grass, and just bright fruits.
The union of olive with chocolate is an appetizing combination. The brown table top will be supported by a lunch group of the same color, pictures in wooden frames. Combine the composition of olive details - decoration on chairs, rug mats, wall clocks. The walls, painted in a brown shade, will become a luxurious backdrop for the yellowish green headset. With the chocolate apron, the olive table top looks luxurious. This combination will add warmth and comfort.
The gray color in the kitchen space is best suited to the hi-tech or modern style. They are characterized by elegant simplicity, shading the magnificence of functional gadgets. Effectively on a greenish background look the oven, microwave, kettle from stainless steel. No combination of colors is so capable of emphasizing the beauty of silver technology as olive-gray. These colors are often combined in one set of kitchen cabinets, performing part of the facades in one color, part in the second.
With yellow and orange
Incredibly cheerful and juicy combinations gives olive in compounds with orange and yellow. The alliance of these colors fills with energy, raises appetite. Combinations are possible using only one of these bright complementary colors, and you can make an explosive fruit mix and combine all three shades at once. Slightly dilute the citrus extravaganza will help neutral tones - white, cream. Orange and yellow need support - in the interior should be at least three accents in these sunny colors.
The shade of an unripe olive in a tandem with contrasting colors looks extraordinary and bold. The bright color of fuchsia, crimson, cherry in combination with it makes the kitchen bright, extravagant. All shades of pink look great as accents on a calm olive background. Terracotta paired with green looks very harmonious. Brick-red accessories on the background of warm khaki properly emphasize the beauty of the basic tone. Advice! Use non-standard combinations in modern interiors filled with technical innovations, revolutionary materials and accessories.
Combination with wood
The color of natural wood in the alliance with olive is the most natural combination. Both shades are given to us by nature, so they are so easy to make friends. Their combination is ideal for decorating kitchens in the style of a classic. Here, the greens highlight the luxury of carved details and gilding. In the style of country - refreshing rough furniture from untreated wood. The eco-style emphasizes the proximity to nature. A natural tree in light and gray colors is in demand in the loft style. Woody and the color of dark moss is an ideal combination. This pair can be refreshed with light colors or saturated with bright colors.
The popularity of cuisines in olive color is explained by the desire for nature. This color absorbed the tenderness of the pistachio, the depth of the marshy green, the brightness of the asparagus, the restraint of the cedar. Such a color palette has a good effect on the nervous system, soothes. If you need a corner for relaxation - the best option is not found.