As a rule, the floors of the bathrooms in apartments and houses are finished with tiles. This is due to high humidity of these premises. Bath mat is an integral accessory of these rooms. By using such a small object, you can avoid injuries that arise from sliding on a wet tile. In the statistics of domestic injuries, falls in the bathrooms occupy a leading position. In addition, the tiled floors are quite cold. Standing on them after taking water procedures can lead to the development of colds. Do not forget about the aesthetic component. Picking up a rug in a bath, it is necessary to take care of that it harmoniously blends into the design of a premise, organically completing its interior.
Bright colorful bathroom mats can be used not only to perform practical tasks, but also to create a cozy, comfortable atmosphere.
For the design of the bathroom mats are used in a single color solution. The same design makes the image of the interior complete and stylish.
Are especially demanded mats for a bathroom with a relief pattern.
In this article, read:
- 1 Types of rugs for bathroom and toilet
- 2 Non-slip mats for shower and bath
- 3 Design of rugs for bathrooms
- 4 How to make a bath mat for yourself. Video
- 5 Bath mat in the interior
Varieties of rugs for bathroom and toilet
Various architectural methods and solutions are used in the process of arranging the bathrooms. The mat in the bath and the toilet is the final element in the design of these rooms. It perfectly complements the interior of the bathroom, creating a feeling of comfort and coziness.
Floor mats for bathroom and toilet are of this type:
- Rubber. On sale, you can find an alternative to this product, made of silicone. Rubber bath mat is resistant to moisture, mold and fungus. Its lower part firmly adheres to the floor, preventing shearing under pressure. The top part is made corrugated to prevent slipping of the legs. After wetting, rubber products are rinsed and dried. Other care is not required.
Rubber bath mat can be called the most practical option.
- Natural. To produce the front surface of such floor coverings, cotton or wool is used. Such mats for the bathroom and toilet are warm and pleasant to the touch. For a close contact with the tile serves as a silicone base on which the fabric is fixed. After the adoption of water procedures, carpets of this type dries quickly. They must be periodically washed and vacuumed.
Bath mat made of natural napes looks attractive and suitable for creating various stylistic concepts.
- Foamed polyvinyl chloride or polyurethane. In the store you can choose a mat in the finished form or pick up the length of the length of the roll. Such material does not slip. It is resistant to water, does not rot and does not mold. This ensures its practicality and durability.
A mat with a picture of sea pebbles is an attractive and practical solution for decorating a bathroom.
- Bamboo. Bamboo is an environmentally friendly natural material. Such mats perfectly fit into any interior. Hydrophobic treatment prevents them from getting wet. Periodically, bamboo should be washed with a warm soap solution and dried.
Bath mat from bamboo is one of the attractive innovations in the design of the bathroom.
- Polyvinylchloride. Sheet PVC can be completely transparent or have a certain color. Such an anti-slip mat for the bathroom on the floor will be completely invisible, which allows you to leave a visible ornament, panel or picture.
There are rugs made of natural and artificial stone, metal, plastic and microfiber.
Choose a coating should be, focusing on its design, color and cost.
Non-slip mats for shower and bath
A separate section in the line of this product should be called anti-slip mat, which is laid directly into the bowl of the tub or in the shower tray. These products can avoid a painful fall during the adoption of water procedures. A non-slip mat is fixed to the surface using suction cups. Once it is no longer needed, the suction cups are easily detached from the surface. The rug is dried, curled and placed in a closet. In this adaptation all residents of the apartment, especially children and people of age, need it.
Since taking a bath is not every day, it makes sense to use mini-mats for the bathroom. They take up little space and are used only during the use of a bath or a shower booth for the intended purpose. These mats for the bathroom are quite practical, have a nice appearance, small size and high non-slip properties. Against the backdrop of large objects such as a bath, furniture or washing machine, they look gentle, subtle and tasteful.
Non-slip mat for the shower - not only an interesting decorative decoration, but also a kind of security measure.
Non-slip mat is suitable for shower and bathtub. Transparent texture does not violate the concept of design intent.
Design of rugs for bathrooms
When choosing a rug for a bathroom, one should take into account not only the practical part of the question, but also the aesthetic component. The choice depends on the style in which the bathroom is decorated.
At purchase it is necessary to consider such rules of registration of an interior:
- For a combined bathroom it is better to buy a set of mats for the bathroom and toilet. Two identical products will look organically and beautifully.
- If you need children's rugs in the bath, the best choice is a thermoelastoplast, made in the form of fish or a fairy-tale character. Such mats will provide stability for children who are very mobile.
- To flooring does not attract excessive attention, you need to purchase a single-color product. Bright color is good for rooms, decorated in the appropriate style.
- The shape of the rug must match the tile pattern on the wall or ceiling. If there are rectangular shapes, then for the floor should be purchased a square or rectangular product. For rounded forms that predominate in the finish of the bathroom, a round, oval or wavy rug is suitable. Mini-mats for the bathroom will perfectly match with the large tiles, which are lined with walls.
- For cold bathrooms, you can use a heated mat. For heating the base, a low-voltage direct current is used, which is absolutely safe for humans. This solution is an effective alternative to systems such as "warm floor".
- The color of the rugs for the bathroom should be related or contrasted with the coloring of the floor, walls or ceilings. Do not choose the colors of this object, which does not match with the overall interior.
In order to equip the floor of the bathroom, there is no universal solution. As a rule, the best choice is the purchase of mats for the bathroom and toilet with different technical characteristics. This will provide convenience and comfort to all residents of the apartment during the adoption of water procedures.
The universal design of the rug for a bathroom with a high pile makes it possible to use it in any bathroom. The main thing is to correctly determine the color.
An unusual, creative bath mat is made in the form of footprints of a snowman. Ideal solution for the apartment where the child lives.
Bath mat made of soft nap with a textured image of flowers perfectly fits in the bathroom, decorated in modern style or country.
Carpet in the form of a soft pink rose for a small bathroom.