In the modern world of interior design there is a huge variety of interior styles, one of which is the loft. Loft apartment is a premise, the motto of which sounds something like this: "Minimum of partitions and a maximum of free space, fresh air".
Loft style is practical and functional. The roughing of the walls looks specific and original.
Noteworthy brick decoration of the walls. The style of loft for interior design is more often used by creative creative people.
The design of the studio apartment in the loft style is notable for its practicality. A minimum of furniture makes the room spacious and bright.
In this article, read:
- 1 What is the loft style?
- 2 For which rooms is the loft style appropriate?
- 3 We select furniture and accessories
- 4 Interior of a bachelor room in loft style. Video
- 5 Loft style in the interior of urban apartments and country houses
What is the loft style?
The name loft in English translates to "loft" or "room from above". The basic details of an apartment in loft style are rather simple, but functional furniture, huge windows without curtains. The decor is practically non-existent, all color solutions have mostly cold shades. And those elements, which in other styles are perceived as a flaw - plaster on the walls, brick luggage or floor boards - in the loft style are considered its highlight.
Basic style concepts:
- Combining different architectural solutions.
- High ceilings of light colors and an open plan with almost complete absence of partitions. For example, a studio apartment in which zoning is performed by using different color solutions, lighting or semi-transparent partitions.
- Non-standard decor elements, such as graffiti, various posters with abstraction or any thematic drawings.
- Indications of the industry in the interior - brick luggage, bare pipes, ventilation system and other hints at the industrial zone.
Living room in loft style is notable for properly selected lighting. In accordance with the requirements of the style for the decoration of the window openings of the living room, curtains or curtains are not used.
A cozy loft-style living room in New York City's city apartment.
All of the above listed industrial features should be very harmoniously combined with modernity:
- metal surfaces;
- glass partitions and mirrors.
Here is an example of one of the options for decorating the loft style in a one-room apartment:
- The partition between the premise of the kitchen and the living room is missing, there is only one large room.
- There is a minimum of furniture in the room that performs an exclusively practical function: a bed or a sofa, armchairs, shelves with books and open shelves.
- To one of the walls is a photograph, made in black and white and in a rather large format.
- A floor lamp is placed on the floor.
- Perfectly complement the interior of the iron staircase, supposedly leading to the attic.
- The walls are made in monochrome shades, and the ceiling of some non-standard color, most importantly, not white. Picture 1.
In the interior design of the guest room in the loft style, gray tones are predominantly used.
In the design of a one-room apartment in the loft style warm colors of beige are used. In a family warm interior - an unusual solution for the loft.
For what rooms is the loft style appropriate?
It can organically fit into the interior of any room, including the design of a one-room apartment. Not for nothing modern designers consider the loft a style of the XXI century, because it consists of many fresh ideas and details that perfectly fit into modern homes.
In order to recreate this style of New York in his one-room apartment, you must first remove almost all the partitions (not forgetting to agree on your project in advance). If during the destruction of wall structures bare brick luggage or other building elements, do not mask them under the finish. They will complement the peculiar style of loft in a small apartment.
The loft style is notable for the use of metal elements in the interior. An interesting feature of the living room is a coffee table made of concrete, hollow blocks.
The walls are made of bricks, the strict geometric lines of furniture, the calm color scale indicate the presence of the loft style.
This style will suit the following categories of people:
- creative personalities, as this option is ideal for decorating a workshop, a loft-style studio;
- people with limited financial resources, this style allows you to get a fashionable and modern design of the apartment with a minimum of expenses;
- owners of premises with a spacious layout, in which the windows are high from the ceiling to the floor and a lot of free space: in such a studio there is where to "sweep";
- people who want to excel, for example, young people, who are attracted to all non-standard.
Design project loft apartments will be the best option, as it allows you to embody the boldest ideas and solutions.
The living room with a private office is decorated with a wood burning fireplace. An unusual decorative element become crocheted plaid pillows, which make the loft style warm and cozy.
A small guest room in loft style in a country house near Kiev.
We select furniture and accessories
Style loft in the interior provides for the use of unobtrusive furniture, which is completely out of touch with vertical surfaces. In addition to the main function, loft-style furniture has the additional task of dividing the room into zones.
Therefore, it is able to freely transform and fit very well into space. An exception may be one of the walls with shelves, where the main condition is the lack of facades. They should be completely open.
The rest of the furniture should be something like this:
- folding chairs;
- chairs on wheels;
- racks with metal frames;
- bed on legs of metal.
The loft style assumes a small chaotic mess. An excellent example is the apartment of a professional American photographer in the loft style.
The kitchen, combined with the living room, is decorated in a loft style. A laconic, discreet interior speaks of a sense of the designer's style.
Furniture should be selected in bright colors. At the same time, it can have the most unusual shape (chairs with flower-backs, commodes that resemble cubes, etc.).
Materials used in the design of such a design, can be both natural and artificial. The main thing is that the metal or plastic used is in harmony with wood, stone or leather. Unity of style in the interior of the apartment will help to achieve different tables and ottomans, the design of which is the same as that of other items of the apartment.
The loft studio so designed will not just look like a room cluttered with things that it's a pity to throw out, but as an apartment, even a small one, but with a carefully thought out design, in which, apart from the atmosphere of technicality, the atmosphere of human love reigns.
The apartment in the loft style is interesting with decorative partitions, which separate the rooms from each other.
To decorate the kitchen in the loft style, metal furniture and bricks were used to decorate the walls. Shine has attracted and holds views.
As for accessories, they are also different from those used in most other styles. For windows, any curtains or curtains of tulle are completely unacceptable. Best suitable blinds, roller blinds (monochrome, with a photo or large drawings).
If we are talking about pictures - they must be impressive sizes with drawings in the form of abstractions.
In most cases, they do not hang, but put on the floor, leaning against the wall. Figure 2.
In addition, as a decor, various graffiti, billboards and other elements that in everyday life surround townspeople can perform.
The interior of the loft style is diverse and multifaceted. He can be both calm and reserved, and insanely expensive and luxurious. Everything depends on what is closer in spirit and way of life to the owners of the apartment.
In the room there is only a rough finish, which is a clear sign of loft style.
Laminate dark gray in the living room looks perfect. For interior decoration in the loft style, you can use unusual pictures.
Interior of a bachelor room in loft style. Video
Style loft in the interior of urban apartments and country houses