Standard grocery stores have a completely predictable layout, typical lighting and a boring color scheme, which is diluted with aggressively bright signs of the location of products and catchy advertising of promotional items of the month. But a nice interior and competent merchandising can increase sales several times and make a contribution to attracting new customers, as it will be nice for people to go into a cozy shop. Small modern shops are equal to the design of large network supermarkets and in many respects copy their situation. This approach to design is fundamentally wrong.
- A minimarket with a self-service system, that is, buyers independently recruit goods and go to the cashier with baskets.
- A shop with a closed countertop area. The goods are bought to buyers by sellers. This option is not suitable for servicing large flows of people, since there will inevitably be queues.
- When planning a store, you must consider its type. In the first case, at the entrance a zone for bogies and baskets is allocated, and cash desks are arranged in such a way that they block the flow of customers. In the second variant, the counters are generally placed around the perimeter. The trading hall is one of the main sales tools. With the help of planning, it is possible to regulate the flows of customers, direct them to certain accent areas. During the creation of the design project the following principles are taken into account: Functionality. Each square meter should be used for certain purposes.
- Absence of "dead" or "dead-end" zones. The trading floor must be designed in such a way that the flow of customers continuously circulates. The direction of movement is looped, and the counters in the center are necessarily equipped with through passages so that you do not have to return. Thanks to such a plan, people will unwillingly look at more products, and hence the likelihood of an "accidental" purchase increases.
- Maximum expansion of zones with actual goods.
Designers are not advised to make the warehouse "through". One entry / exit should lead to it. At the same time, the product storage is connected to the site for processing (packing) the goods. The unloading zone is also linked to the warehouse via an adjacent room. The place for the processing of goods must be reported directly to the trading floor. This will quickly deliver fresh food to the counters.
The optimal form of the trading hall is a rectangle or an oval. In such a room it is convenient to have equipment, and buyers will not pay attention to the complex configuration that will unobtrusively distract from the goods.
Organization of shop zoning
The trading hall should be structured into separate zones:
- Input part;
- Place for trolleys and baskets;
- Cash desk area;
- A trading platform with open shelves and closed counters, where goods are sold for weight or "home" cooking.
First of all, you need to plan a place to enter. It should be borne in mind that most people are intuitively moving counter-clockwise. Therefore, the turnstile, leading to the trading platform, is located on the right side of the entrance. At the same time, you need to consider the location of the store on the street. The entrance from outside must communicate with the busiest part of it. If there are two options: a deaf alley or avenue, then the choice is made in favor of the second. At the entrance, as a rule, they place novelties or promotional products. At the level of the same intuition, buyers pay more attention to those counters that are located on the right. To reveal this pattern, even special psychological studies were conducted. Therefore, "burning" or expensive goods, which need to be sold faster, are placed on the right side. The cash zone is located on the left side of the entrance. Here, on the shelves, goods of "impulsive purchase" are placed, that is, products that are cheap and can easily entice a person to purchase while he is standing in line.See also: Design of a cozy coffee house
In grocery stores embody the same styles as in the design of an apartment building:
- Rustic. A great solution for a themed store, whose products are famous for their natural origin. The decoration uses a tree, and decorates the room with various symbols of the village: carts, wheels, kadushkas, barrels, brooms, burlap, checkered textiles and straw decorations. These elements can also be adapted to perform certain functions. For example, in a cart, a counter is set up, where fresh dairy products are sold. On the barrels show a collection of wines, and near the caskets customers are waiting for pickles, which are typical for the harvest in the village: pickled cucumbers, mushrooms, sauerkraut.
- Etcolic. Only natural materials or their high-quality imitations are used in decoration: wood, plastic, metal, glass. The trading floor is designed in accordance with the principles of minimalism. Necessarily in the decor there are plants. To facilitate the work of the staff to care for them, choose unpretentious species or sprouts of oats, wheat, rye, which look stylish and concise.
- Provence. Extremely cozy variation of the ethnic village style. With such a design, you can save on the plating, since the luster in the Provence is not welcome. In decoration use a tree. The interior of the store should resemble the decoration of a small shop in a suburb of Paris. It will be home-like cozy, soft and warm. In the color range white, gray, pink, yellow prevails. Surfaces are decorated with floral patterns.
- Loft. A stylish and luxurious design move will make the shop a pearl of the street, which will stand out against the background of typical outlets in the neighborhood. The decoration uses stone, brick, textured plaster, plastic panels, glass. The room is equipped with low hanging lamps. Counters choose metal with wooden shelves. The walls are partially decorated with bricks. Complement the design groups of pictures or photos in free places.
Also, when decorating stores use country (another kind of country style), art deco, retro, high-tech, fusion, minimalism, ethnicity, if most of the goods are imported from one country.
The value of the color scheme in the design of the store
With the help of the color scale, you can manipulate customers through their subconscious perception of shades. Red is the most popular color in advertising. He aggressively leads to action and causes strong emotions. Although there are many negative concepts associated with the red, it still remains the primary color "driving force" of trade. In order not to overload the room with excessive pressure, this shade is chosen for accents. Violet is considered the color of kings and a symbol of creative personalities. He also leads to action, but not as aggressively as red. Violet is suitable for modern interiors, in which unusual ideas are used. Pink evokes pleasant emotions and is associated with the concepts of romance and tenderness. In this color, as a rule, make out counters with children's goods or with products that will taste like women (sweets, cosmetics, kitchen utensils). Blue symbolizes stability. It is suitable for decorating solid stores. In addition, the blue color will attract attention due to what is the most "favorite" color on the planet. The situation with orange is not so simple. This color is perceived uncompromisingly: it is either adored or hated. Although orange and associates with the positive, you should not overdo it in the design. Green is most easily perceived by man. This natural color is neutral, but it is associated only with positive emotions, as it symbolizes life, renewal, health. He is often chosen to design pharmacies. Turquoise is considered a fresh and unobtrusive color, which is used in the design of trendy modern stores. Yellow - the color of happiness and optimism, it will cheer up the customers and gently provoke on purchases. Brown is associated with land, stability and security. With its help emphasize counters with expensive, but natural products. White symbolizes purity and innocence, it is often used as a neutral background. Black is closely associated with elegance, formal luxury and exclusivity. Only serious shops choose it.See also: Ideas for design of a rest room in a bath
Remember that the color scheme in the design of the store must echo the brand. This will help make it more recognizable.
Properly placed light bulbs put the goods in the best light and in the literal and figurative sense of the word. In the trading floor, there is necessarily a basic lighting in the form of groups of light bulbs, which are located along the main streaming "highways". Some counters are highlighted locally in order to emphasize the beautiful presentation and attract attention to the products spread out on them. The shop window, which plays the role of a presentable "person" attracting customers, necessarily stands out with light.
Materials and methods of finishing
For finishing shops use natural and artificial stone, brick, wood, plastic panels, ceramic tiles and even paint. The material must meet the standard requirements, which are mandatory for places of mass congestion (incombustibility, non-toxicity). The floor and walls are usually tiled. This material is considered the best option, because it is easy to clean, not afraid of aggressive household chemicals and at the same time very presentable looks. If necessary, the accent parts of the walls are decorated with more expensive and less practical materials: brick, wood or stone. The ceiling is usually equipped with a frame, which is covered with plasterboard or PVC panels. As communications are hidden behind them, this option will provide free access to them if urgent repairs are needed.
Choice of furniture and technological equipment
Furniture and equipment are chosen based on their functionality. Counters, display cases, containers should be:
- Laconic (not to distract from the goods);
On aesthetic appeal, attention is paid in the last place, since a spectacular, but fragile shelving for products, no one will be interested. Optimum option for furniture is considered metal in combination with plastic elements.
Accessories and decor elements
The decorative elements and accessories are emphasized by the features of the stylistic concept. Since the main task of the store is to sell, and all the attention of the buyer should focus only on the goods, the interior decorations use "rolling", that is, they shift the emphasis to a group of products, do not provoke a person to stare at themselves. Designers recommend selecting only a couple of such bright spots on the background of counters and display cases, which must match the chosen style. In the loft they will be slate boards on the walls with a list of novelties and unusual plafonds on the lamps. In the country use "pigtails" of onions suspended from the ceiling, wheels from the cart, converted into chandeliers, wicker baskets for bread with a substrate of checkered napkins. The rustic style uses real hay, which is put under the food. This, by the way, is useful, as it will save them from rapid damage. Minimalism is completely devoid of decor. Its main decorations are light, color and texture.
Design of a small grocery store
In a small grocery store, you need to use visual deception tricks that will help create the illusion of large space. In furnish apply simple materials of light shades it is desirable with a glossy surface. Counters and shelves are chosen with mirrored walls that will create a perspective. Choose a glass for decor. Counters have a perimeter (loop layout) with an "island" of burning goods in the center. To make the room seem even larger, the floor is tiled with a dark or black tile that emphasizes the whiteness of the rest of the finish. To expand the boundaries use a decor in the form of one or two horizontal stripes on the walls. Racks choose compact, but roomy. Of the stylistic options, minimal, high-tech and eco-style are considered optimal.Read also: Wardrobe room in 5 square meters. meters
Design of a coffee-bakery shop
In the bakery, which in combination is also a coffee shop, the area of the trading hall is used for places with tables and chairs for visitors. The cash zone is located in the center directly opposite the entrance. The rest of this wall is occupied by counters with confectionery and baking. If the assortment of products is large, then showcase the letter "G". In the pastry shops they usually try to recreate the home cosiness, which is associated with sweet delicacies. Therefore, in finishing use a tree or its imitation, which is combined with painted or plastered areas. The hall for visitors is decorated with glass partitions, paintings on the walls, suspended shelves with a small decor. The highlight of the program will be a cabinet with utensils, located right next to the tables. Sweets are also adorned with napkin pads, and a hot bun is placed in wicker baskets.
Design of a butcher's shop
To the meat shop looked more presentable, the accent wall behind the counter is decorated with large signboards, on which juicy, fragrant dishes are depicted. This will become a subtle hint and a clue to customers: what can be prepared from the store's products. Above the windows hang slate boards with schematic images of animals and anatomical markings (what part of the carcass, as they say). To make the room look stylish and slightly brutal, its floor is faced with a natural stone, which will be combined with a tree on the ceiling and walls. Counters also decorate with wood of the same color.
Interior of a dairy store
One of the most original interiors of dairy shops is the Japanese pavilion of the firm "MilkLand". Take its design as an example. In the color palette, white and gray are used as the basis. Accents are performed in black and green. The main decoration of the store - a figure of a cow in full growth, located on a patch of lawn.
In continuation of the natural theme, the floor is partially lined with green tiles, imitating a path from the grass. It stands out against the background of the rest of the white tile. Furniture and appliances are chosen with a gentle-nut or gray color. The cash zone is highlighted in black with stylish spotlights on the ceiling. As an additional decor, potted grass and bunches of ears are used, tied with sackcloth.
Ideas for a vegetable shop
Because of the large influx of vegetables and fruits with GMOs and nitrates, store owners are trying in every way to emphasize the naturalness of their products. For these purposes use the two most natural colors - brown and green. As additional components of the palette they apply their shades: lime, beige, nut, olive, chocolate, coffee with milk. Greenery is used in the decoration of walls, and brown - in storefronts and counters.
A stylish solution will be the placement of a hanging decorative shelf made of wood over boxes or baskets with vegetables. It puts the fake compositions of artificial vegetables and fruits and decorate with hooks for price tags. The room is decorated with grass in pots and a couple of posters with interesting information about certain products that can be changed once a month to new ones. The vegetables themselves should be carefully selected and laid out according to the flowers. You can even create a sector "flower bed" in the middle of the trading floor.
Opening your own store is always exciting. To make the business go uphill, buyers need to approach with a soul, and not treat them only as an object that can contribute to the turnover of the enterprise. People feel the attitude to themselves. If the atmosphere in the store is correct: a cozy, lively, uplifting mood, then a person will want to come back here again. And no major online trade shops will be able to entice customers back to themselves, because they will wait for a small shop where you can buy food, and in a makeweight get pleasant emotions for free.