Is it worth it to finish the surface of walls in a small bathroom using such a finishing material as wallpaper? Let's understand in detail in this issue, let's dispel the myth about the fact that in the bathroom you should not use the wallpaper?
For high-quality finishing of the walls of the bathroom is a very classic material - panels made of plastic, tiles. Finishing the bathroom with wallpapers is not even considered today, because it is generally assumed that the bathroom has endless moisture, splashes of water, steam, and wallpaper made of paper - incompatible things. But is this the point?
Table of contents of the article:
- Is it worth it for the bathroom to choose wallpaper?
- What wallpapers can I make in the bathroom? A variation, the right choice?
- Vinyl wallpapers
- The process of pasting walls
- Best photo how to decorate wallpaper in the bathroom
Is it worth it for the bathroom to choose wallpaper?
The main argument against the use of paper wallpapers in the bathroom - water permeability of the substrate, glue, hygroscopicity - wallpaper absorbs moisture from the air perfectly, and then, under the constant influence of water, they begin to swell with time. Therefore, it is generally accepted that the wallpaper in the bathroom is not the most durable coating, and eventually they will be peeled off the wall.
If you choose materials for decoration correctly, then all these moments can easily be avoided. Why is it advantageous to glue the wallpaper in the bathroom?
- Economical way of finishing - noticeably reducing the estimate for repairs.
- Decorativity - types of wallpaper today, differing in design, color - nemery. Examples of photo wallpapers for the bathroom can be seen below.
- Easy installation of the coating and dismantling - the wallpaper is easy, fast, easy to paste, in comparison with the laying of tiles on the wall.
In the bathroom wallpaper as a wall cover choose those who are against the monotony in their lives. No one will begin to shift the tiles in the bathroom every year, and the wallpaper to re-paste - work for a couple of days.
It is necessary to understand that it is not acceptable to use any kind of wallpaper (even with super impregnation) in a special shower corner. If you like the conservative style, then choose a tile - longer installation, more expensive at times, but the result will please everyone.
What wallpapers can I make in the bathroom? A variation, the right choice?
Wallpaper made on paper basis is not acceptable to use in the bathroom - there must be impregnation. On the label of such wallpaper there is a special sign.
Choose the right glue - moisture resistant, which easily withstand temperature changes, humidity.
Liquid wallpaper for the bathroom - the usual plaster to us all, made on a water basis - not an ordinary, original way to decorate the walls.
Liquid wallpaper is sold as a dry powder, and they are applied to the surface of the wall (after its priming), as well as simple plaster. This coating is noticeably different from the original texture, pattern, and allows in the design to realize all of their ideas.
The most basic option is the choice of vinyl wallpaper - they are created on the basis of polymer, and therefore they are not afraid of dampness, spray, water. The wallpaper is not cheap, and so no one will say that this is a budget option for decorating the walls, but they will last for such a long time without loss of decorative properties.
The process of pasting walls
Gluing the surface of the walls of the bathroom is analogous to this process in any other rooms - the walls must be leveled, then the antifungal treatment of the wall surface is performed, and then the primer is applied.
Preparing the glue. On the wallpaper is made a marking, the canvas is cut to size. The surface of the wall is applied a decent layer of glue, and if necessary, the glue is applied to the panel, detailing all the edges. The strip is applied to the wall, the edges are combined with a vertical (in the level) line, and then the cloth is smoothed by the roller to the edges, so that there is no air. The rest of the canvas is glued to butt.
To decorate the bathroom wallpaper is an excellent economical option, and the main rule is to make a right choice.
Best photo how to decorate wallpaper in the bathroom
- Small bathroom 3 m²: 70 photos, ideas for lay-out and design
- Interior of a small bathroom - 115 photos of an ideally designed design
- Tile for the bathroom - photos of the best bathroom decoration ideas (115 ideas)
- Mosaic for a bathroom - 100 photos of ideas how to decorate a bathroom with mosaic
- Laying tiles in the bathroom - full step-by-step instruction with descriptions and photo examples
- Bath room Khrushchev - how to decorate a beautiful interior? 80 photos of ideas
- Suspended ceilings in the bathroom - 130 photo ideas of beautiful ceilings in the bathroom
- Stretch ceiling in the bathroom - expert advice, a review of species, photo examples.
- Bathroom furniture - 110 photo ideas of beautiful furniture in the bathroom interior