Kitchens made of natural wood are not only beautiful, but also practical.
Such kitchens are in demand, primarily because they have many advantages and advantages.
Table of contents of the article:
- What are the main advantages?
- 8 things you need to know about before buying a kitchen unit
- 70 photos of kitchen from a tree
What are the main advantages?
First, the tree is a noble and warm material;
Secondly, kitchens from solid wood are durable, if properly tended. Even if there are any scrapes or cracks, the tree is well restored.
Thirdly, this is a great variety of colors, textures and designs.
But buying a kitchen set of wood, you should pay attention to the pros, cons, features of operation and care.
8 things you need to know about before buying a kitchen unit
First of all, it should be noted that the basis for the kitchen kit of wood is all the same MDF or chipboard, wooden are mainly facades.
1. A tree is a capricious and expensive material
This material has small disadvantages, which you need to know about:
The facades made of wood for the kitchen can change its tone a little, eventually become dull.
The tree is very sensitive to moisture and temperature changes, so the material can go cracked. Therefore, you need to pay attention to the level of moisture and temperature in the room.
Very important is the proper care, you need to constantly rub the scratches, wipe with wax.
2. To make the facade of the kitchen use other additional materials
There are several types of kitchen fronts:
Firstly, it's a shield panel - the doors are made of a single piece of wood. Great for such styles as minimalism, Scandinavian style and high-tech.
Secondly, it is a framework type. The base consists of a wooden frame in which is mounted a panel of MDF or chipboard. It will perfectly harmonize with country style, art deco and classics. Angular kitchen design: TOP 120 photos of unusual kitchen design ideas
But which one is better?
- Kitchen decor - the rules of beautiful design (75 photo ideas)
- Kitchen Ikea - photo of the most fashionable trends in design from the catalog of 2017
- Black kitchen: photos of the best design ideas, and color combinations options
It is impossible to answer unequivocally, since they have the same qualitative characteristics. But the difference is only in appearance.
3. For facades do not use solid wood arrays
If we talk about the flow of large production, the panel doors can very rarely be found. In an overwhelming amount of furniture production, the facades are made from eurobrus, that is, from shields, which are collected from different dried bars of wood.
4. Solid wood species - a pledge of longevity of the kitchen
The most reliable and durable are the kitchens of hard wood such as oak, ash, beech or cherry.
- A modern kitchen interior - 70 photos of the best novelties in kitchen design
- Kitchen 12 square meters. m. - photo of unusual design decisions
- Small kitchens - 75 photos of small kitchen design
5. How do manufacturers save on kitchens?
The answer is simple, to save materials and funds, manufacturers make doors from softwoods. Or rather, it is pine, birch and spruce. They are cheaper in the queue because they have no ideal characteristics in operation, and these types of trees are more common.
6. Pay attention to the finish of the kitchen, as the design depends on this final stage
For the treatment of natural wood, not only transparent, translucent, but also opaque coatings are used.
If it is a transparent coating, then it is great for those who want to preserve the natural appearance of the tree and its texture. This effect is possible due to the fact that the tree is toned, and top is covered with varnish or wax. However, it should be noted that the most practical option is a varnish coating, although wax or oil are traditional types of coating that also have a place to be.
- Angular kitchen design: TOP 120 photos of unusual kitchen design ideas
- Kitchen design 5 sq.m. m. - compact solutions for a small area (70 photos)
- Set for a small kitchen - 80 photos of examples of the right choice
Speaking of opaque coating, then for this, enamel of different colors is used. In this case, the color changes, but the relief of the tree remains. The color scheme of kitchen facades mostly varies in the spectrum of neutral tones.
In order to choose the color that will suit your interior, it's best to see a photo of a kitchen made of wood in the color you are interested in.
7. To buy kitchen sets you need only to a trusted manufacturer, which gives a guarantee of quality
A tree is a very whimsical and demanding material. Therefore, on the quality of its processing depends, and how long the kitchen will please its owners. It is very important to check the set for no production marriages.
In order that there are no incidents, as the marriage can be seen immediately, it is very important to have a guarantee for the furniture purchased.
8. Design is of great importance
For decorating, decorative carving, various curved details, milling and cornices are often used. But it is noteworthy that the more elements of the decor are located on the door, the more difficult it is to take care of it. It is important that the kitchen is not loaded with different parts.
A popular trend is the aging of the facades, giving them the appearance of antiques.
As a result, there are many different variations of cuisines, but when choosing it is very important to pay attention to the above ukaznye criteria.
70 photos of kitchen from a tree