Today, increasingly, people abandon the standard massive curtains and choose roller blinds on plastic windows. This is completely justified, because such curtains can facilitate the design and at the same time add a note of originality to the room. And the variety of such curtains allows you to use them in any room in the house. Roller blinds on plastic windows are of different types. Let's look at the main types of roller blinds:
Classic roller blinds
Classic roller blinds подходят и для стены и для оконного проема. Их часто называют открытыми. Classic roller blinds требуют довольно частой уборки. Для таких штор используют ткани разной прозрачности, от чего зависит светопроницаемость.
Cassette roller blinds
These curtains are different from classic curtains plastic box, which "hides" the entire roll of fabric. The advantage is the neat appearance of the cassette curtains, because in the folded form the cassette roller blinds are not conspicuous.
This is a kind of mini-curtains that are attached directly to the sash of the window. It is these roller blinds that can be installed on plastic windows without drilling the frame. They are open and closed type, and they are often used together with the simplest curtains.
Read also: Choose curtains in the children's room - 40+ photos
Roller blinds with their own hands: instructions for creating
If you want, you can at any time be able to do roller blinds with your own hands. To do this, you first need to make measurements of the opening or glass (depending on where you will attach the curtains). After making measurements, add to the width of 3 cm on the allowances, and height make more by 5-15 cm. Then you need to acquire the necessary materials.
Roller blinds with own hands: necessary materials
- 2 cloth fabrics of suitable size (to make the two sides of the curtains);
- special cords for garters (their length should be twice the curtains themselves + 20-25 cm), tapes and cloth;
- a beam from a tree in the size from 2,5 × 2,5 up to 4 × 5 sm (it is required for fixture);
- a rod made of metal (as a weighting agent);
- special stapler for furniture;
- Screws with a screwdriver (to mount the timber from the tree);
- Sewing machine or needle and thread.
After collecting the necessary materials, you should proceed to the next steps.
Roller blinds with their own hands: the manufacturing process
- Sew the fabric from the wrong side, taking into account the above calculations. Further it is necessary to turn out the future product it is available.
- Now we have two options: either sew up the gap (if you make an additional pouch for the weighting), or do not touch the gap (if you are going to insert a weighting agent inside the bag). Make a pocket if you chose the first option.
- Wrap the resulting canvas around the wooden beam and attach it with a stapler. If you use a pipe as a fastener, wrap it and sew it by hand or with a sewing machine (the most preferred option).
- Next, you need to throw garters over the top and attach them with threads or a stapler.
- Now it is necessary to fix the timber in the opening or to the window frame through the bottom.
If there is a desire, you can decorate the top of the roller curtains with a curved edge. Ideally, you can make several variants of roller blinds at once and change them as often as you want.
Roller blinds on plastic windows: pros and cons
To finally understand, you are suitable for roller blinds on plastic windows or not, it is worth familiarizing with their main advantages and disadvantages. So, to their merits it is possible to carry:
- regulation of access to sunlight and limiting the survey from the street to your home;
- neatness and compactness, because they are almost invisible and do not take up much space;
- in the care of such curtains unpretentious, because they only need to be periodically vacuumed, and besides, they are impregnated with special impregnation that repels pollution;
- the appearance of the roller blinds is much more advantageous than that of the blinds.
To the disadvantages of rolling curtains on plastic windows, perhaps, can be attributed to an inadequate adjustment of the intensity of light transmission. In such curtains, the light permeability always remains at the same level.
You have familiarized yourself with the main pros and cons of roller blinds on plastic windows, and also looked at inspirational photo examples. Now the choice is yours.