Looking for ideas how to change the interior of a private house? For your inspiration, we collected here 40 photo rooms before and after the repair. From small decorative changes to a complete redevelopment of space - here you will find examples of effective design solutions for different taste and budget.
The design of the houses in the photo from our today's sample will help you first to see how even the smallest interior changes can transform the space around. In addition, this material may well act as a source for finding directions for the future design of your home.
Do you want the interior of a private house to look more spacious? Or vice versa: your rooms lack coziness and warmth? Do not know how best to change the style or what color scheme to choose? See the next collection of photos and draw conclusions. There are useful ideas for all rooms of a private house: a living room, a kitchen, a bedroom, a bathroom, a staircase and even an attic.
Also read: Transfiguration of the facade and courtyard: 18 houses before and after
Interior of a private house before and after renovation
The most common problem of small private houses is the lack of free air in space. The reason for this may be small windows, a too bright suffocating color scheme, massive furniture, curtains
- Change massive outdoor furniture to lighter models on thin legs;
- Place a large mirror;
- Free the windows;
- Remove the closed lockers, and in their place put open shelves or shelves;
- Replace large patterns on carpets, curtains and wallpaper in smaller drawings;
- Choose a cool color scheme (no more light, but more fresh);
- Get rid of massive lights.
We look at the following photos of the interiors: which of the above methods were used for the redesign of these rooms?
How to make the interior of a private home cozier
Quite often the problem is completely opposite to the previous one. The lack of comfort and warmth in the room can be depressing no less than their overabundance. To make the interior of your private home more cozy and welcoming, try applying some of their above tips on the contrary,
- Use large patterns instead of small ones;
- Choose a warmer color scheme;
- Apply a few old or artificially worn items;
- Hang on the ceiling a chic chandelier;
- Decorate the windows with heavy curtains.
At the same time, you do not necessarily have to put massive furniture, because the interior can become cozy and without unnecessary obstruction of space. This can be facilitated by the same open shelves with a lot of bright trifles, thin decorative partitions, carpets on the floor, pictures or photos within the framework
But if you do not want to take care of a lot of interior trifles, then go the other way. Choose a dark color for one or more walls, warm and bright colors for massive upholstered furniture, and add to this a few sculptural decor items such as floor lamps, outdoor statues, tall houseplants, large paintings
We redeem the interior design of a private house from chaos
Does your interior look too mixed and unfocused? This can be caused not only by disorder, but also by an excess of various shades, patterns and decor items. To make the interiors of a private house look more relaxed and elegant, designers can apply the following methods:
- Create a central point around which all other decor items (fireplace, picture, wall clock, coffee table) will be focused;
- Separate the interior with different carpets or other floor coverings, and organize on each of them separate ordered zones;
- Use oversized multipurpose furniture with additional storage compartments, as well as glass and acrylic furniture;
- Add an object to the room that will unite all the others (for example, if the room has a lot of decor of blue, pink and green tones, you can buy a carpet or a large wall art that will combine these 3 shades);
- Add shiny mirror or metal surfaces. They will easily smooth out any overabundance in your interior, be it an overabundance of shades or an abundance of some material, such as wood;
- Place items symmetrically or in a balanced manner (Read here about the secrets of creating a balance in the interior);
- Add a vertical accent that will visually increase the size of the room. For this, it may be sufficient to replace or outweighed the curtains, so that they seemed longer, to install high shelves on the sides of the fireplace, to buy high shelves, to hang the wall decor each other
When the interior of a private house just needs a bright style
Does the neutral color palette cast boredom on you? Do you think that the interior of a private house is devoid of the brightness of life and style? Or maybe you just wanted to radically change the background and the situation? In this case we offer you 10 examples of spectacular transformations of rooms in the house, which will prompt you in which direction to move. Also for inspiration you can read the following articles of our blog:
Trends in Autumn 2015: What colors and décor are in fashion
15 stylish color schemes for the living room
10 unusual color schemes for interior design