The dressing room is a separate room for storing clothes, shoes, which most women dream of, even some men. In very small apartments, you will have to settle for the best at the closet, in more spacious there is the possibility to equip the whole room. When the design of the dressing room 5 square. m or slightly more, made by all the rules, the room is able to compactly accommodate everything you need - holiday clothes, casual clothes, shoes, various accessories.
Under the dressing room is often allocated a small pantry (closet), a loggia, a warmed balcony or simply fence off the free angle of one of the rooms with a screen.
Choose a layout
To accommodate almost everything you need, 3-4 square meters is enough. m., and if it was possible to allocate 5-6 meters - even more so. Depending on the placement, the form of the wardrobe is:
- corner - use two adjacent walls along which to place cabinets, mount shelves, shelves, open hangers, mirrors. The third side is a sliding semi-circular door or screen. This wardrobe is easily placed in the bedroom;
- parallel - usually square, shelves, racks are placed on opposite walls;
- Linear - has a rectangular shape, the shelves are mounted along one wall, as in a closet;
- L-shaped - the entrance is usually placed on one of the narrow sides. Two more walls are adjacent, on the fourth there are closed shelves;
- U-shaped - three walls are fully used. Shelving, rods are arranged in two rows, the upper row is lowered with the help of a pantograph, at the bottom are mounted drawers, sections;
- in the niche - the area will be small, but it is also easy to place everything you need.
Some variants of the layout of the dressing room can accurately adjust the shape of other adjoining rooms.
Interior style should closely intertwine with the rooms in the immediate vicinity - bedroom, living room, etc. Materials are used every possible:
- plastic - for the manufacture of shelves, boxes, wall panels;
- gypsum board - the material of the partitions separating the dressing room from other rooms;
- wood, including cork - like facing the walls, the material of cabinets, racks, shelves;
- steel, aluminum - material of racks, rails, separate shelves;
- rattan, vine - wicker baskets for storing small items;
- paint, wallpaper - wall decoration material;
- glass - sliding doors of the wardrobe of individual styles are made of opaque or transparent.
Fabrics for covering walls, furniture, are rarely used, as they are able to collect dust, and in conditions of limited space it is not so easy to remove.
The most suitable styles for the wardrobe:
- buaseri - all available shelves are attached directly to the walls, without cluttering the interior with vertical posts;
- classic - shelves, cabinets, wooden frames, but solid, fully it looks only in large rooms;
- minimalism - bright, contrasting colors, clear simple forms, plastic panels;
- loft - shelves from MDF, fiberboard on the background of walls "under a brick";
- hi-tech - shiny chrome racks, shelves of glass;
- ethnic - stances stylized as bamboo stems, part of shelves - wicker from vines;
- Art Nouveau - universal, most often bright colors, without superfluous decor, it is possible to use plastic baskets, textile organizers;
- Provence - faded colors, romantic patterns, decoration "under the old days".
Rarely what kind of interior is kept strictly in one style, usually representing a concise mixture of two or three.
Colors are chosen suitable for the general style of adjacent rooms. It is important not to overload the interior with unnecessary details. The background is chosen mostly neutral, so as not to distort the real colors of the garments. In a very small room preferable:
- pale blue;
- silvery gray;
- pale golden;
- light pink;
For a room of 6 square meters or more, especially with windows, dark, mostly cold, colors are allowed: dark gray, blue-brown, graphite black, olive. For rooms with windows to the north or completely without them, apply warm, light colors. If space is required to be visually made lower, the walls, closed cabinets are decorated with horizontal strips, and the height is increased easily with the help of vertical elements. When the room wants to be slightly expanded, a light unicum tile is placed on the floor diagonally across the room.See also: Design of manicure cabinet and salon
Lighting предпочтительно точечное, светодиодное, галогенное, не обязательно яркое. Люстры, бра, торшеры будут занимать полезное пространство и без того тесной комнатки. Люминесцентные лампы потребляют малое количество электроэнергии, но выглядят они не слишком красиво. Плоский потолочный светильник может сочетаться с тонкой светодиодной лентой, пущенной по низу, середине стеллажей. A good idea will be the installation of a cloakroom near the window, but if its area is four or five meters, then the wall with the window can not be used to the full. In the corner room for clothes you can fix a table lamp on a clothespin, a pair of searchlights that turn as needed in any direction. The presence of large mirrors, white glossy planes, will create the impression of a large space filled with light. To visually change the shape of the room, various light techniques are also used:
- when you want to make the room less elongated, the upper part of the long walls is brightly highlighted;
- to make a square higher, highlight the perimeter of the ceiling, the upper parts of all four walls;
- if you want to visually expand the room, the walls at the bottom, the cabinets, the ceiling are highlighted.
If the wardrobe is equipped with a motion sensor, then the light there will light up when the doors are opened.
Arrangement and organization of space
Men's dressing room is very different from women's more homogeneous content, the emphasis is on functionality - there is completely no extra. In the dressing room, where things are located for the whole family, you should create a certain zoning, separating at least children's clothing from an adult. If possible, each member of the family is allocated a separate space - if the area of the dressing room is 3 or 4 meters, this is difficult, but possible.
Of the items of equipment for the dressing room are usually used:
- rods, pantographs - rods for dresses, raincoats are made in height up to 170-180 cm, depending on the length of the garments. For shorter clothes, the lower level is about 100 cm. Pantographs are hung under the ceiling, if necessary lowering;
- hangers for skirts, trousers - placed at a height of about 60 cm from the floor level;
- closed boxes - perfectly protected from dust penetration, some equipped with separators. They store small items of underwear, bedding, hosiery, costume jewelery;
- shelves - retractable, stationary. For small objects with a width of 30-40 cm, for large, rarely used objects - up to 60 cm, they are placed under the ceiling;
- baskets, boxes - can simply stand on the shelves or slide out. Suitable for economy-interior;
- shelves for shoes - open, closed, retractable, up to 60 cm high. Boots are stored in a suspended state;
- hangers for ties, belts, belts, scarves, kerchiefs, umbrellas - are located on the rod, like ordinary hangers, retractable or circular;
- mirrors - large, full-length, opposite one another, smaller, to examine themselves from all sides;
- places for items used in the household - brushes, ironing boards, irons, etc., are provided only if there is enough space for them;
- pouf or dressing table is placed in the presence of free space.
The decoration of this room should be as ergonomic as possible - any thing should not be difficult to get, each shelf, drawer, hanger is easily accessible. That's what designers recommend when planning the main storage systems:
- the design directly depends on what kind of clothes the person who owns the dressing room wears. If he does not wear uniform trousers, preferring sports, the trouser will not be appropriate. When the chosen style of clothes does not mean long coats, dresses "on the floor", then one high bar-bar is replaced by two - from above and in the middle;
- airing this room is necessary - ventilation systems should be carefully thought out in advance, it will protect clothing from excessive humidity, which is especially important for the first floors, unpleasant odors, sometimes leaking from the kitchen;
- in a small dressing room you should not store extra items - skis, rollers, dumbbells and stuff. A large wall mirror is also difficult to place here - it is replaced with a mirror door;
- Modular storage system is the most convenient, compact. Small items of linen are stored in pull-out sections, on narrow shelves, on wider shelves - pastel clothes, knitwear. On special hooks hang neckties, belts, bags;
- the most used clothes are placed in the most visible place, so as not to seek for a long time. Those items that are only worn only occasionally are stored at the top, and to get them you need a folding ladder-ladder or a special step-stand;
- an ottoman for comfortable dressing-undressing is very useful even in such a tight space.
Large bulky items of furniture in the dressing room should not be placed, otherwise there will be no room left.
Design solutions for the design of the wardrobe there is a huge variety. When planning this room with their own hands, evaluate how many things are planned to be stored there. After this it is desirable to draw up a detailed drawing, indicating all the dimensions, location of lockers, racks, suspended structures. If the wardrobe design, the choice of suitable stylistic design causes some difficulties, it is better to seek professional help.