To date, a comfortable and comfortable courtyard provides awnings and awnings for terraces. They create a cozy place to relax outdoors. The awnings themselves are canvases that stretch over the terrace, in order to protect the site from the scorching sun and precipitation. The peculiarity of this device is that it is quite easy to operate, in addition, it is safely transported to a new location.
There are vertical awnings that are designed to provide protection for the built-in terraces. Vertical awnings are installed in the apertures, and in case of need they drop like blinds. This kind is less common, because the built-in terraces are not so common.
2 type - marquises are horizontal. They are arranged by a horizontal protrusion on the house. A canopy made of thin transparent fabric is made. It gives a certain level of illumination, but it delays the bulk of the sun's rays. Due to this, it creates comfort and protects from the sun.
Depending on the type of terrace, which is equipped with a house, you can choose a suitable type of canopy. The choice is provided with a huge number of options that provide a variety of designs and fabrics.
Sheds for terraces, balconies, windows are called marquises in honor of the Venetian marquis Francisco Borgio who lived in the 15th century. A simple design for protection from rain and dust, the Marquis invented for the comfort of his lover.
A stationary canopy with electric drive for terraces.
Sliding horizontal canopies for installation on the roof of the house or a cozy place on the beach.
In this article, read:
- 1 Materials
- 2 Types of construction
- 3 Installation of a horizontal structure
- 4 The Marquise of Crimea. Video
- 5 Awnings and awnings for the balcony, terraces
Such awnings for the terrace have one major advantage, which is the low cost of the product. This is due to the fact that quite cheap materials are used for manufacturing. A key part is a textile coating stretched over a frame that can be made of both wood and aluminum.
The fabric used for this type of canopies must be resistant to many factors. The most common types of material:
- Acrylic canvas. In this case, a high density fabric is used to more reliably restrain sunlight. The key feature is that such an artificial material is practically no different from natural textiles. At the same time it is much cheaper. A good bonus to the appearance can be attributed to the fact that it does not create glare. With any temperature difference, the fabric does not lend itself to deformation, it has excellent insulating properties, which makes it impossible to pass water.
- Polyethylene. It is also an artificial material, which copes very well with precipitation. Such a coating has a number of special impregnations, due to which the material can be dyed, and thus the color will be preserved even under strong exposure to sunlight.
- PVC fabric is the most common type of material. The peculiarity is that the material is resistant not only to temperature changes, but also to high physical loads. And this means that the marquise for the terrace can also stand in the winter season, but do not be afraid that it will break under a layer of snow. There will not be even a slight sag.
Select the material will help quality and price. Depending on the purpose with which the canopy will be used, it is worthwhile to plan the purchase.
Folding elbow awnings with acrylic tissue delay the ultraviolet rays, but let in air. Well, just an amazing view of the spacious white terrace with beautiful roses.
The modern design of the marquise in its assembled form does not take much space.
The marquis with the inclined shoulder inclination is 90 degrees inclined.
Types of construction
There are a number of basic types of construction. It is worth considering in more detail each of them:
- Horizontal. Their awning is located in a horizontal position relative to the ground. They also have the name of awning retractable. This is due to the fact that they can be folded and unfolded at the expense of 2 main shoulders and ease of deformation of the fabric. They will be an excellent option not only for terraces, but also a veranda, porch, or simply a canopy above the window. They are the most widely purchased also due to the fact that they have the lowest cost.
- Vertical sun-protecting awnings. This type can easily be compared with roller blinds or blinds. They are structurally designed for windows, only on the terrace. Used for a structure that is already equipped with a canopy. Installed in the apertures between the supports, and if necessary lowered to the ground. In this case, they have a thin tissue that is translucent and allows a certain amount of light to pass through.
- Sun-protecting awnings. They are represented in the form of something average between the first two species. These are horizontal structures that are rounded to the bottom. They are most often used over windows in various institutions. They serve simultaneously as a canopy, and protect the windows from sunlight.
Awnings and canopies of each type have their own number of advantages. And depending on the degree of use, you can choose a suitable design.
Stationary facade awnings for small balconies. Such a miracle is possible on the shore of the warm sea. The hostess for the flowers is excellent, a vivid example for imitation.
Vertical rolling awnings.
An unrealistically bright picture for the Moscow region. Hotel in the south of France.
Installation of horizontal structure
Vertical awnings are installed simply enough by screwing the main part to the arches. That's why it's worth paying special attention to installing a horizontal canopy.
Since the terrace in its understanding is an open area, it very often needs a canopy. A horizontal awning is an extremely cheap substitute for a capital overhang. He copes well with his basic functions, while at a much lower cost. And the process of its installation does not require a lot of effort.
Awnings, awnings for terraces can be found on the market in a wide range, and can be manufactured independently in several stages.
To start, a drawing is created, according to which the work will be performed. It creates a metal frame with all fasteners. Then you can proceed to pattern the fabric according to the dimensions of the drawing.
Mounting is carried out on metal corners, which are screwed to the wall. Mount the best on the brackets, for which originally in the wall, is made a hole. They are attached to the whole frame. Fasten the fabric better at the very end, so as not to tear it. As a result, you will get an excellent canopy, which will save in the summer from all weather events.