Beautiful and various indoor plants in the interior fill the house or apartment with coziness and comfort. Even functional and rectilinear modern styles do not abandon the organic use of vegetation. It is not necessary that they are bushes with lush flowers. An unusual pattern of leaves or their original texture can also create a cosiness in different settings: from a strict classics to an industrial loft.
And, most importantly, they are out of fashion and do not lose relevance ever. The most common colors in a residential interior include such names:
- Senpolia, the Umburian violets;
- Cissuses ("birches");
- Money tree, or, briefly, a fat girl;
- Different types of geraniums.
The role of indoor plants in the interior
Using indoor flowers is one of the oldest ways to decorate an interior. The role of plants in modern design is much broader. They are used not only for decoration, but also for dividing the room into zones. On sale you can find a huge selection of home pot plants and accessories for them.
Influence on the environment and the perception of rooms
The first thing that houseplants associate with is the knowledge gained at school about photosynthesis (something related to the release of oxygen and the absorption of carbon dioxide). Well, also with the fact that the plants are our green friends. All this is true, but plants help to harmoniously perceive the surrounding space. With their help, you can completely transform the interior.
One of the purposes of indoor plants in a modern interior is the division of the room into zones. In this case, it is necessary to take into account the microclimate of the house or apartment. For example, a small room is not suitable for a large plant due to the dryness of air and lack of light. There are several principles for dividing the room into zones.
An open double-sided rack (with shelves on both sides) serves as a kind of mobile partition. It is installed in the right place of the room, and on the shelves are placed plants.
Excellent for this purpose curly species: ragweed Rowley, cissus, heder. In the blacked-out areas, the Sansiviera, the Asplenium, the Selaginella are well. In design projects, this way of zoning is often present.
Outdoor plants in large pots, placed "wall" - an excellent separator for functional areas. It is not necessary that they are tall plants. Low-growth species such as anthurium or philodendron perfectly cope with this task. Beautifully looks a green septum from plants planted in a common ground. For a tall box suitable for stunted plants, for low - high. You can equip the relaxation zone in the room by combining corner pots with square or rectangular vases.
Dividing into zones from the top
For this purpose use curly and ampel plants. To do this, a shelf is installed under the ceiling, equipped with bumps and placed on it ampel plants: hoyu, zebrin, saw, chlorophytum, etc. Of course, fixing the structure to place flowers is a laborious task, but the result is impressive. But the most interesting solution is the use of Tillandsia as a living curtain. It grows without soil. It feeds the plant with dust particles from the air.See also: Flowers in the interior of the apartment and the house
The simplest version is a grid made of wood with pots fixed on it. It is best when using such a green wall to use ampel and climbing plants. The latter is installed below, and the pots with ampel species are in the upper part of the structure. Very original looks a wall formed by plants of one species, for example, scindapus. To make it easier to care for plants, it is desirable to equip the wall with a system for drip irrigation.
Wizards of the Atmosphere
The right choice of vegetation allows you to create the right atmosphere in the room. In the bedroom it is relaxation and rest, in the office - concentration, in the living room - beauty and luxury. Next to the sofa, citrus trees look beautiful, due to a combination of shades of foliage and fruits. The kitchen will look modern and original from the shelf, set with drawers with spicy herbs-seasonings. In the office, a strict Sanitary person or a palm tree is appropriate. It is also important to take into account the taste of the owners. It is necessary that plants like them.
Green plantations are not only pleasing to the eye and create a good microclimate, but also can visually adjust the configuration of the room. The use of tall or small room colors contributes to a completely different perception of the same room:
- A tall large-leaved plant (for example, a palm tree) is appropriate only in a large room with high ceilings. In the small room of the Khrushchev, the accent plant will look cumbersome, and the smallest room will seem even smaller.
- In the interior of a low room, the "hovering cloud" looks beautiful from suspended climbing plants. They visually raise the ceiling. In this case, it is desirable to place them on the second plan.
- With the help of one or several home colors, you can beat the areas that are unsuccessful in terms of design. For example, an empty wall or a huge massive table look much better, decorated with a single plant or composition.
Room vegetation can also play an accenting role, that is, emphasize any successful interior detail. In this case, it should attract the eye of an unusual shape, beautiful color or original texture. The most successful accent plants:
- Kalanchoe of different species;
- Flowering bulbous plants;
- Room roses.
Recommendations for selection
Consider the main vectors that you need to navigate when arranging the home of a miniature botanical garden.
The choice is guided by style
The style solution of the premises is one of the most important factors in the choice of vegetation:
- With Japanese style, bonsai and bamboo are well harmonized. Dwarf plants of a bizarre shape are inherent in the culture of the country of the Rising Sun.
- The eastern color is echoed with pahiri and orchids.
- Fans of vintage design will like a room rose.
- The classic interior is in harmony with flowering plants: begonia, violet or hydrangea. As an additional decor, you can use pots decorated with stucco.
- Bengal figs and dracaena decorate the room, decorated according to the canons of the Mediterranean style.
- Camellia and cyclamen cause an association with English and French interiors.
- The plants fit into the minimalist interior. In this case, a large number of vases will be redundant. 2-3 large copies are enough. It can be yucca or dracaena.
- The design of high-tech is also not alien to the use of vegetation in the interior. This strict style - for busy people, so the best option will be strict succulents.
- The setting of the colonial style is perfectly combined with palm trees, monsters and large ficuses.
- The style of fusion is associated with the use in the interior of bright plants with an unusual configuration and (or) texture. Marrans and crotones fit perfectly into the style.
The degree of illumination is an important factor in the choice of vegetation
When planning to purchase flowers, be sure to consider the degree of illumination of the house:
- For poorly lit rooms with windows to the north are suitable shade-loving species: dracenas, spathiphyllums, diffenbachia, monsters and ferns. Ficus and handsome anthuriums are suitable for a darkened room.
- A well-lit room with windows to the south will be decorated with prickly pear, aloe, camellia or sambaca.
- In the eastern direction of windows, such species as violets, myrtle, oleanders, small-leaved fig trees, dracenes or fuchsias are used.
- If the windows of the room go to the west, as decorations use Gasterii, begonias, sansiviery, asparagus or date palms.
We take into account the functionality of the room
The appointment of the room plays almost the most important role in the selection of plants. For relatively spacious living rooms, flowers are of the ampel type and (or) in the floor pots. It is desirable to decorate a dining room with small-leaved species, such as hibiscus or spathiphyllum. Shade-loving species will perfectly live in the hall. And for the children's room and the bedroom, plants that excrete oxygen at night are optimal.
An additional requirement for flowers in the nursery: they must be deprived of thorns!
In the kitchen, species that tolerate high heat and high humidity will survive.
Even if you use the same plants for the decor of the room, they will look different, depending on the chosen method of arrangement. The traditional situation with the arrangement of flowers on the windowsill is far from the only option:
- Do not lose relevance planting plants in containers designed for installation on a table or floor.
- For ampel plants there are pendant pots.
- Elegantly look floor support for flower pots.
- Containers of elongated shape are used to create "beds" of small bushes.
- For a small space, containers are suitable in several levels.
Experiments can also be made with materials for the manufacture of containers for planting plants. Using wooden elements or forged jewelry makes the interior very advantageous. You can take into account when decorating flowers and the canons of Feng Shui teachings.
Application options for interior design
The comfort of living in a house or apartment largely depends on how well the plants are selected. It concerns not only and not so much design, as the functional purpose of the premises. Thoughtless filling of rooms of exotic flora will not bring anything good neither to the owners of the apartment, nor to the plants themselves. Buying flowers, you need to realistically assess their capabilities and strictly aware of the fact that you can take care of them.
Living room – это самая большая, нарядная комната для приема гостей. Здесь уместны большие и широколистные напольные растения. В небольшой комнате найдется место для вьющихся растений и компактных экземпляров в подвесных вазонах и корзиночках. Рядом с традиционными комнатными культурами красиво и необычно смотрятся свежесрезанные цветы в вазах. Чтобы сохранить легкость и изящество интерьера, дизайнеры рекомендуют использовать колбы из прозрачного стекла или аквариумы.
Kitchen – одно из наиболее благоприятных мест для домашнего ботанического сада. Это помещение хорошо освещено, и уровень влажности здесь больше, чем в других помещениях. Учитывая то, что здесь готовят еду, температура воздуха в кухне выше, чем в жилых комнатах. Поэтому самое место здесь для свето- и теплолюбивых культур. Однако, рядом с плитой зеленых питомцев размещать не следует, поскольку от излишнего жара они могут заболеть или погибнуть. Зона возле раковины – тоже далеко не самое лучшее место, так как цветам могут навредить мыльные брызги и капли жира. Нужно соотносить между собой размеры растений и помещения кухни. Лучше всего кухонный микроклимат переносят плющ, хлорофитум, традесканция, аспарагус и алоэ. Кроме того, хлорофитум очищает кухонный воздух от вредных паров.
Great idea for the kitchen - a miniature "garden" with green onions, parsley, basil, mint and decorative pepper. An interesting design solution is the use of kitchen utensils instead of the usual vases.
The task of colors in the interior of the bedroom is to fill it with tenderness, pacification and coziness. Another important rule: in the bedroom there should not be a lot of plants. In particular, this applies to strongly smelling colors. A sharp or choking odor can trigger sleep disturbances and headaches. In the bedroom, ferns and lilies do not belong, as they absorb oxygen, giving out carbon dioxide instead. You can place plants on the floor (if the area allows), on tables, nightstands or window-sills. It all depends on how much they are photophilous. Wonderfully suitable for the bedroom of aloe and calanchoe, because they excrete oxygen at night and create a favorable microclimate. An interesting idea is the combination of living plants and wallpaper with a "plant" picture on the accent wall.See also: Winter garden: styles of decoration, rules of arrangement
The principles of choosing flowers for a child are simple: they should please the eye, be safe and have a favorable psycho-emotional impact on the child. The best plants for the nursery are:
- Tolstyanka is a money tree. This plant programs for positive.
- Cyclamen. It is established that it promotes the development of creative possibilities.
- The Umbra violet, soleyroleia. These decorative flowers have a unique property to improve mood. Especially like violets girls.
Like in the bedroom, the nursery does not need a lot of pots. Pairs of three small pots will be enough.
Entrance hall – это первое помещение, куда попадают посетители, войдя в дом или квартиру. Есть ли место растениям в коридоре? Безусловно, есть. Если имеется окно, — это, конечно удача, но, если света мало, можно подумать о приобретении тенелюбивых растений. Это марранта, сансивьера, драцена или фатсия. Они неприхотливы, хорошо переносят недостаток освещения и свойственные прихожей температурные перепады.
When selecting plants in the hallway, you should pay attention to the area of the room. If it is large enough, large, lush views will look good. For example, the fern will be appropriate both in the group with other cultures, and as a self-sufficient accent. For a small area, small flowers are preferred, placed on special shelves and stands. An example is Heder's ivy. This small but very beautiful plant will transform the hallway and create an atmosphere of inexpressible comfort and coziness.
Bathroom placement is closed, so proper selection of plants is very important. The benefits that home flowers bring to the bathroom are as follows:
- Plants produce oxygen, have a disinfecting effect, create a favorable and comfortable microclimate.
- Destroy unpleasant odors.
- Increase the mood of a beautiful view.
Bathroom - a hot and humid room, so it is quite logical that the best here will feel tropical species. These are palm-yucca, dracaena, orchid, bamboo, spathiphyllum, croton, various kinds of ferns. It is especially easy to choose a flower if the bathroom has a window. However, in any case, the plants placed in the bathroom require special care:
- The room should be regularly ventilated.
- Watering the flowers is moderate, as the land dries up. Stagnant water will harm even the most moisture-loving plants.
- In winter, you do not need to feed flowers.
- If there is no window in the bathroom, you need to install fluorescent lights. Excellent fit and special phyto-lamps, designed for greenhouses. They cost not cheap, but they justify themselves completely.
- They will go to the plants for good and periodic movement from the bathroom to the balcony or kitchen.
Depending on the footage of the room, plants can be placed on the floor, walls, special stands or windowsills. Put the flowers on the washing machine, place them near the heating devices - you can not.
Indoor plants are a huge variety of shades, configurations and textures that evoke creative thought. If the natural conditions do not allow you to get a green friend you like, you can create them artificially. For example, to optimize watering or to organize illumination with phytolamps. This will create the best conditions for a green pet, and it will please you with a healthy and beautiful view.