It seems that homeowners are no longer comfortable with the light and neutral color of the façade combined with a darker shade of the roof. In 2018, there is a clear trend of demand for more unusual and bold colors of houses in the private sector. However, the desire to stand out from the others does not always lead to the necessary "wow" effect.In this article we have collected 35 photos of successful examples of painting houses and a combination of colors of the facade and roof with useful tips for those who plan to update the look of their house from outside this year . Enjoy reading!
The color of the facade of the house in 2018: tips, ideas and photos
Here are some general tips for choosing a color for the facade of a house before proceeding to a review of popular shades and combinations of colors of the facade and roof:
- If you want to paint your house in an unusual color that you love, but do not know what to combine it with, then just select a shade that will be a few tones lighter or darker than the main one on the color wheel. And to make such a simple decision unforgettable, paint the front door in some bright and contrasting color, as in the next photo.
Also read: 40 ideas for finishing the facade of a private house
2. In the facade of your house there are natural materials that do not need painting? Then know that if they have a cold texture (concrete, slate
3. The monochrome color of the facade can be much more interesting if you emphasize its individual parts with white or other suitable color. Thin pediments, window frames and other small items can become a very expressive decoration of your house from the outside.
4. Contrast (in relation to the walls of the facade) shades are ideal for painting the socle, visor above the porch, bay windows and other projecting parts of the facade. Just make sure they have interesting shapes that are worth emphasizing.
Also read: 10 beautiful dream houses located by the lake
5. Surprisingly, bright and bold colors are best for unremarkable or even repellent facades, because distract our attention from details of poor quality and design. At the same time, if your house has beautiful bas-reliefs or other attractive elements, then the color of the facade should be gentle or neutral.
6. If your house is made of stone, wood or other unpainted material and you are looking for a color for painting the roof and other exterior elements, then try to find it in the material of the facade. It can be brownish-green spots on the stone, or a dark shade of "knots" in the wood. Nature - the best master in the formulation of stylish color combinations.
7. After you have decided on the color of the facade, try painting a large enough piece of plasterboard, plywood or paper in it. Attach this sample to the outside of your house and move away to assess how it looks. Any tone can look gorgeous on someone else's photo, but in reality it does not harmonize with the environment of your house. Superfluous check never hurts! By its results, it may well turn out that you need to dilute the paint with a lighter or darker tone.
Combination of colors for the facades of the house and the roof - 35 photos
If you do not have a certain favorite shade and you need ideas on what color to choose the façade, then further specially for you we give an overview of several of the most popular shades for the facade of a private house in 2018.
Also read: Internal design of private houses in different styles
The most fashionable color of the facade of 2018 is sage
This soft light green shade looks great on any background and blends well with both bright and dark tones. On the next photo of the facades you see examples of its combination with the red-orange and dark-blue "nevi". Both houses are made in one style, they have two floors, siding and the same form of windows, but the details of different shades on the general background make them look completely different! Which combination do you like best?
Elegant facades of a gray house
No matter how universal the shade of sage was, it can not be compared to gray. By the way, gray tones are in demand today in the interior decoration of private houses. Below, we give several photos, where gray is used as the main color of the facade.
Facade decoration with luxurious red color
Deep ruby-red shades, as well as the hit of 2017 - Marsala, fell in love with the designers of the facades, not only for their magnificent appearance, but also for the ability to combine with the green plants that surround most private houses. The fact is that red and green are opposite on the color wheel, and therefore provide the greatest contrast in relation to each other. If your house has an interesting shape, which is worth emphasizing, paint it in color, which will complement the surrounding landscape.
The combination of gray and brown colors for the facade of the house
Gray and brown - universal earthy shades, which are guaranteed to look good on any background. The combination of these colors is suitable for the facade of the house and the roof is not less successful than the fashionable gray-brown color, which is also called "taupe". The photos below prove this.
Other beautiful colors of the facades of houses (photo)
Finally, we give some more successful combinations of colors of the facade of the house and the roof, including houses of blue, yellow, black
Also read: Transfiguration of the facade and courtyard - 18 houses before and after
Also read: Modern design of a private house - photos of the best houses