Unlike carpets that cover only the floor area, carpet covering makes any room look warmer, softer and more expressive. With a huge selection of available colors, patterns and materials, you can definitely find the best carpet for your home. You just need to know what to look for. In this article, you will learn how to choose a carpet for long service. See a review of popular carpet materials, as well as photos of finished works in the interior, so that you can more easily determine the purchase. So, let's go!
How to choose the best carpet for your home
Before you choose the design of the floor covering and be inspired by different photos of the carpet in the interiors, you need to answer for yourself on a number of questions:
- What's so special about the room for which you choose carpet? If it is a walk-through area, kitchen or a place where children or pets play, then you should choose materials that are easy to care for (see the review below), as well as a multi-colored and patterned design on which the spots are poorly visible.
- Do you make repairs from scratch, or should your carpet design be combined with wallpaper, furniture and other interior details? The carpet can look beautiful on the photo, but it's completely unsuitable for your room.
- What is your budget? For a floor covering to serve you for a long time, choose the best carpet for the house, which only you can afford.
Thanks to the ability of the carpet to muffle sounds and minimize echoes, it is considered an excellent choice for a living room, bedroom or a children's room. But in the corridors, hallways and on the stairs, it is not recommended to use it, because here it quickly wears out. But all this, of course, depends on the material selected. Let's study the features of different options.
Which carpet is better? We choose the coating material
Carpet with natural materials is a good way to maintain a healthy atmosphere in the home, which can hurt your wallet. The most popular natural materials for carpet and their main features:
- Wool is an expensive kind of carpet, which is distinguished by its natural beauty and durability. Ideal choice, but only if you can afford it, and even complete with a steam cleaner. Note to yourself that wool absorbs moisture, so it only works for rooms with a dry microclimate.
- Sisal - thanks to the naturally uneven coloring, it will decorate your interior with its beautiful texture. It can be difficult to clean, so it is not the best choice for a home with young children and pets.
- Sea grass is a cheaper alternative to sisal carpeting, but the same exacting in care.
Carpet with synthetic materials is now available in a huge selection of colors and patterns, including - and "for natural materials." Than it differs:
- Nylon is the most common material for carpet, which is quite resistant to dirt and easily cleaned. Therefore, he is the most expensive of all synthetics.
- Polyester is a soft and dirt-repellent material, which is less elastic than the rest, as a result of which it ceases to shine with time, the pile becomes tangled and becomes opaque.
- Polypropylene (olefin) - an excellent choice for solar rooms, because the color of this carpet is built into the fibers themselves. It does not burn out and does not wash out, but it also does not have a high elasticity.
Carpet on a rubber base or ???
The basis for carpet should not be a secondary choice for you. A good carpet will have a beautiful finished look and serve you for many years only under the condition of a quality foundation under it. Rubber-based carpet is not the best choice for a home, as it does not breathe. It is installed in public places, for example, offices and schools, where the flooring should be particularly resistant to wear and moisture. Depending on your density and sound insulation requirements, you can choose a base of the same material as the carpet itself, or more compacted options, such as felt or latex foam.
Carpet in the interior - photo of the finished works
Today in the trend carpet with images of animals, geometric patterns, as well as models with long nap, which look chic even in a monophonic form. Also popular are handmade carpets or stylized for it. Let's take a look at the beautiful photo of the finished carpet in the interior.