The house in the Mediterranean style due to its origin and architecture peculiarities is due to the warm climate of the Mediterranean coast. The design and interior were influenced by the national characteristics of the countries, the coast of which is washed by the Mediterranean Sea. The architectural construction is designed taking into account the maximum comfort in a very hot summer.
Initially, houses on the Mediterranean coast were small one-story houses built of improvised materials, often sandstone, with small windows and a flat roof.
Over time, the Mediterranean style was transformed into luxurious villas surrounded by lushly flowering gardens on the coast.
Mediterranean style is the ideal solution for the construction of a villa or country house due to its diversity and a large amount of heat, light and coziness in the interior. People with different incomes can afford a country house in the Mediterranean style, most importantly, when drafting a house, choose one of the sub-strata that correspond to the planned budget.
Elite country house in Mediterranean style with a swimming pool in Spain.
The facade of the house in the Mediterranean style is made in light beige tones. Arched window openings are typical for the style.
The yard of the house in the Mediterranean style is decorated with an artificial pond. Perfect design of suburban areas.
Features of architecture of Mediterranean houses:
- The facades of the house are painted in light colors so that the sun's rays reflect and do not heat the room.
- The roof is often flat or with a slight slope. It is made of natural tiles.
- For finishing the premises use only natural materials (granite, wood, ceramics, marble).
- Presence of balconies, covered and open terraces.
- Outside, the windows are closed with "marquises" or shutters.
- The villa is located inside the courtyard (patio), decorated with numerous flowers in ornamental pots and in the form of hanging gardens.
- A more expensive version of the Mediterranean style includes a swimming pool.
A small house in the Mediterranean style is interesting because trees were not cut down for its construction. The building was built taking into account the dense vegetation on the site.
The facade of the house in the Mediterranean style is decorated with a natural stone.
In this article, read:
- 1 Interior and exterior
- 2 Patio
- 3 How to decorate the veranda in the Mediterranean style. Video
- 4 Diverse, enticing Mediterranean style
Interior and exterior
The design of the house in the Mediterranean style takes into account the features of the landscape. On the one hand, the building can have two floors, and on the other - one. In accordance with the natural conditions, the foundation is laid. Villa usually has several entrances, made in the form of arches.
For finishing the facades of houses use plaster, mainly milk tones.
Also, the facades of houses in the Mediterranean style can be trimmed with wood, siding, natural or artificial stone, brickwork.
Arched openings are an important feature of the Mediterranean style. Exotic plants are used to design the landscape design.
The soft beige color of the façade fits perfectly with the sandy roof. The right combination of colors is quite important when it comes to the integrity of the stylistic concept.
Floors and walls inside the house are made of materials that help keep the cool in the house. Ceramic tiles are put on the floors, and the walls are painted white or other light color. Wooden beams - one of the elements of the Mediterranean style. The windows in the Mediterranean house are usually large, rounded from above. Curtains on the windows need to be replaced with blinds - this is also a characteristic detail of the design of the house in the Mediterranean style. One of the walls of the living room is transformed to open a view and exit to the terrace. To do this, expand the glass doorways or make a transparent wall.
The color scale in the interior of the Mediterranean house can be of two types:
- The Italian style of interior design involves the use of natural shades (brown, terracotta, olive, light gold). Of the finishing materials used mainly wood and stone. To this style is suitable furniture from natural wood, a large number of forged elements in the interior. The Italian style is emphasized by luxurious chandeliers and stucco moldings on the ceiling and walls. Complement the Mediterranean Italian interior with various mosaic works and murals.
- The Greek style of interior design is not so diverse. It relies on the use of white, blue, blue, turquoise shades. This combination creates a feeling of a constant sense of summer and the proximity of the sea. In this style there is a lot of light, space, air. This style is suitable for smoothly painted walls, painted furniture, an abundance of decorative marine elements. In all, the theme of the sea is emphasized. Blue-and-white stripes can be on furniture textiles, rugs, tablecloths. Underline the Mediterranean interior souvenirs and paintings on the sea theme.
The verandah of a country house. An interesting feature is the decor with a lot of colorful cushions.
Fresh flowers were used for decor of the veranda. The most economical and creative design.
Great importance in the house of the Mediterranean style is given to the terrace. They can be covered, open and half-open. The terrace is a place for rest, therefore the view from the terrace should be the most successful. The floors are covered with ceramic tiles or natural stone. The side walls, if present, are painted.
If they are not decorated with wall grilles for climbing plants, put large pots or flowerpots, looks elegant and use instead of the walls of long fluttering curtains of fine textile materials. On the terrace is better to buy wooden furniture. For convenience, you need a large number of pillows for rest. Textiles used for terracotta furniture, natural, rough (for example, linen).
Light Mediterranean style is attractive for its simplicity and conciseness. Uncomplicated furniture, themed decorative elements, brightly decorated walls - what you need to create a Mediterranean mood.
The bedroom is characterized by a low-key design. The advantageous combination of white and blue colors casts sea motives and sets for rest.
Patio, or patio - an integral part of the house in the Mediterranean style. The main feature of this yard is the wide use in the landscape design of natural stone, sea pebbles. This is due to the natural features of the area. Vegetation is represented by different types of citrus, pistachio, olive trees.
For the decoration of shrubs, a special haircut is used. The abundance of pots with flowers will decorate any garden composition. Interesting look a variety of fountains, small artificial waterfalls, streams. Living fences divide the inner house into different zones. The paths in the garden are lined with natural stone. Wooden rocking chairs, chaise lounges complement the completeness of the Mediterranean style. All the details of the patio should be combined in style and reflect a rich Mediterranean character.
The best decoration for the courtyard is a fountain. Stylish, multi-tiered fountain of small dimensions in the recreation area.
Patio украшают горшки с живыми растениями. Привлекательный дизайн, мебель с витиеватыми спинками, керамические горшки создают уютную, расслабляющую атмосферу.
The diversity of the plant world in the courtyard indicates the presence of a Mediterranean style. Flowering plants, curly wild grapes make the atmosphere romantic.