For many, a kitchen is not just a place where you can cook food, but often a place where you want to relax after a hard day's work or invite friends and relatives. Therefore, the owners of apartments try to design this room as original, stylish and beautiful. To create an impressive interior designers are invited, trendy and modern materials and furniture are bought.
- Choosing environmentally friendly materials for the decoration of the ceiling
- Safe materials for wall finishing
- Harmless coating on the floor
- Choosing environmentally friendly furniture for the kitchen
- Some rules for safe repairs in the kitchen
However, behind all the turmoil completely forgotten the safety of these or other building components. And this is not a joke, there are a lot of elements that stand out in the air and harm the health of all household members, so it's worth choosing only eco-friendly materials for the kitchen, which we will tell in this article. We suggest to consider each element of the interior separately.
Choosing environmentally friendly materials for the decoration of the ceiling
Despite the fact that now there are a lot of options for processing the ceiling: filing, stretching, hanging, ceilings from decorative slabs and others, really safe are just a few options. This is chalk whitewash, water-based paint and wood panels. Pay attention to the fact that all the favorite stretch ceilings are made on the basis of PVC, which is generally not recommended for use in living quarters, since this material emits toxic substances.
Safe materials for wall finishing
For decoration of walls designers offer such variants of eco-friendly materials:
- wallpaper – самый популярный способ украсить стены кухни. Они бывают самого разного качества и изготовлены из различных материалов. Если вы желаете иметь кухню, которая будет безопасна для всех членов вашей семьи, то бумажные и текстильные wallpaper – это именно то, что нужно. Согласно самым fresh trends in the kitchen interior, еще одним хорошим вариантом могут стать wallpaper из натуральных растений. Они отличаются высокой износоустойчивостью, не теряют свой цвет под действием солнца и в их состав не входит ни одно вредное вещество;
- ceramic tile perfect for all walls, and only for the apron kitchen. It is made of harmless ingredients, so you can be sure that no harm can the tiles bring;
- Water-based paint and no other. The fact is that only this kind of paints is really safe, since it does not contain solvents.
Having decided on the type of material, thoroughly approach the choice of adhesive for wallpapers and tiles. In their composition should not include phenol, toluene, acetone, dichloroethane - extremely harmful to human health substances. For wallpaper, glues on casein or starch base, which differ in organic composition, are best. The same applies to glue for tiles.
Harmless coating on the floor
Having started repairs in the kitchen, you are in any case thinking about not only what material will be most safe, but also how practical it will be. After all, it is unlikely that someone will want to lay the floor in a room where food is prepared with carpet, although it is considered an environmentally friendly coating. It is convenient, practical and harmless to make out the floor with:
- ceramic tiles. We have already mentioned it, we will remind once again that it is especially worthwhile to select the glue for its installation;
- parquet – что может быть более безопасным и экологически чистым, если не дерево? Хотя опасность все же есть, ведь его придется покрывать лаком, краской, натирать мастикой, иначе его внешний вид будет желать лучшего. Только в том случае, если вам удастся найти максимально безвредного состава вещества для обработки parquet, вы сможете его использовать;
- laminate - exactly what is needed, but only on the condition that it is really of good quality. Cheap and from little-known manufacturers laminates can release formaldehyde - a very harmful substance that should not be present in a residential building;
- natural stone, which underwent a radiological check. The only disadvantage of such coverage is a high price.
Choosing environmentally friendly furniture for the kitchen
The most safe material for kitchen furniture is wood, if a cheaper option is required, then we can consider a multiplex (glued together thin slabs of wood). From MDF and DSP it is better to refuse, they are necessarily impregnated with a number of hazardous solutions for health.
Для изготовления столешницы существует большой выбор экологичных материалов, начиная от natural stone, мрамора, заканчивая стеклянными поверхностями.
Some rules for safe repairs in the kitchen
Proper repair in the kitchen is very important, because the main advantage of using environmentally friendly materials is your health and your loved ones. In order for you to be sure that you live in a safe environment, remember the following rules:
- purchase materials exclusively from large and well-known manufacturers, they monitor their reputation, so they are unlikely to deceive or sell "unclean" materials;
- Require quality certificates for products and documents on its compliance with generally accepted standards;
- Avoid materials with non-intrinsic properties and functions, for example, very quickly drying glues, they necessarily contain harmful chemicals;
- choosing glues, paints, varnishes and other Pay attention to the presence in the such components as phenol, acetone, lead, toluene - they are very dangerous;
- after repair do not rush to move. Allow the room to be ventilated and get rid of various volatile chemical compounds.
Today, the market of building materials presents a wide range of environmentally friendly materials, so finding them will not be difficult. Watch your health and the health of your loved ones. Any other ideas how to secure the kitchen? Share them with us in the comments.Photogallery Total | 8 pictures