The townhouse absorbed all the best that is in the apartment and the country house. Life in the town house - escape from the city turmoil in the village silence. But the escape is temporary, because villages with such houses are built at arm's length from the city.
- Advantageous cost - housing of such a plan is more affordable at a price than a separate analogue. There are several reasons for this. Location in the suburban area, small size of the land, saving on materials and services of builders due to common walls, engineering systems.
- Autonomous heating - there is the possibility of reasonable and, as necessary, to spend heat. Reduce consumption in a warm time, use in the off-season. Heating townhouse does not involve such costs as heating a detached house. All sections except for the end have only two external walls, the remaining two are adjacent to neighboring apartments.
- Impressive area - in comparison with the city apartment for the same money, the houses of the private building are much more spacious. The common area on the first floor accommodates all the necessary functionality, and the bedroom upstairs is quite enough for a small family.
- Free planning - the owners themselves can split the premises into zones, determine the design of the townhouse. On the first floor is traditionally placed an entrance hall, kitchen, living room, dining room, storage room, guest bathroom. If you want, you can also equip a workplace, a billiard room, a mini-recording studio, a home theater.
- The presence of a garage or parking space. Garage usually occupies part of the first or basement floor, or is attached to the facade. Often in his back wall there is a passage to the house. To get into the car or get out of it, you can not go out. During the rain, this option is especially relevant. Garages built in the building, so as not to occupy a parking lot and already a small patio.
- The presence of its own site - the ability to equip a children's playground, a barbecue area, a recreation area with a gazebo, plant ornamental and fruit trees, break flower beds, beds, set up a street mini-pool - who has enough for imagination.
- The presence of a limited number of neighbors. As a rule, the residents of the sections are personally acquainted with each other, maintain friendly relations. This increases the level of psychological comfort and gives a sense of security.
- Location in the ecological zone. For townhouses are selected areas far from production complexes. Often they are placed on the site of former collective farm fields.
- The territory of the settlements is under protection.
Criteria for selecting a townhouse
In addition to the main parameters - the area, the cost of a meter, the layout, the appearance, it is necessary to take into account the following details:
- transport accessibility - on this depends - how and how long you will get to work, in the kindergarten, school or supermarket. A quality roadway leading to the house will allow us to overcome this path without delay and trouble. On the other hand, the trail is not far from home, will ruin the charm of suburban life and become a source of constant noise and exhaust.
- Proximity to such facilities as polyclinics, pharmacies, shops, schools, institutions of additional education, kindergartens. Infrastructure in the new areas begins to develop after the settlement. Therefore, if for you the proximity to the above-mentioned structures is important, stop your choice on a habitable, well-organized area.
- distance to the nearest industrial enterprises. Imagine how annoying those who bought a house in nature, in the hope of enjoying fresh air and as a result, instead of oxygen, regularly smokes. To get rid of such real estate, to sell it is incredibly difficult. At least, at an adequate cost.
Make sure that the communications are brought to the house in full. Check the availability of heating, water, electricity, gas, Internet, telephone cable. Do not assume that all these options must certainly be included in the package. The developer may have a different opinion. Therefore, thoroughly study the contract before making a deal.
Specificity of the layout
Townhouse is a multilevel structure. All the active zones - kitchen, living room, dining room is better placed on the first level, bedrooms and study on the second, on the third - another common room for interests - library, hookah, billiard room and other bedrooms.
Very often houses are rented without interior finishing, partitions, stairs and the designer has complete freedom. Walls can be placed anywhere - no reconciliation is needed. The same applies to the transfer of communications - if there is a leak, it will be only your problems. The only thing that needs approval of the relevant structures is the transfer of gas equipment - the boiler and the meter. Do not want to invest in the transformation of engineering systems? Your right! Then do not overlook important nuances:
- The kitchen is arranged as close as possible to the gas boiler;
- Toilets should be placed close to each other and to the sewer.
Properly plan a hot water system. It is required: installation of a pump to increase the pressure of water, a boiler, fine and coarse filters.
Sometimes townhouses are surrendered not only without partitions, but also without interfloor overlappings and the owners decide to make them out of wood. The strength of these structures does not cause doubts, but there is one drawback. Each step on a similar floor is clearly heard in the room from the bottom. Therefore, overlapping is best performed on the frame of I-beams, and from below to establish a support. So it will be stronger and quieter.
Another feature of these buildings is the panoramic glazing of the first floor or the window to the floor. At the second level of light may not be enough, and it becomes necessary to cut through an additional opening. At the same time, it is necessary to take into account the arrangement of partitions and furniture, so that later the window does not appear behind or above the cabinet, and that the wall does not divide it in two.Read also: We choose the design of the staircase
The main character in the "scenario" of the layout of the townhouse is the staircase. This is the only way out from the upper floors, and therefore must be reliable and safe. Under the stairs are often placed storage rooms, dressing rooms, bathrooms. If space is to be used, the design must be closed.
Do not neglect soundproofing. In the absence of an uninterrupted city rumble, every extraneous sound will sound loud and sharp.
Choose the style of interior design
The next stage is the development of a design project. The future style of the room and the landscape will be determined, finishing materials, furniture and accessories will be ordered. In the townhouse will be appropriate to a variety of styles. Consider the most popular.
The interior is dominated by light shades. And this is not necessarily a white color. Milky, light gray, beige, light blue, creamy will be an excellent alternative. To mitigate excessive severity, it is worthwhile to introduce warm accents into the interior. This style is characterized by huge windows, translucent curtains or even their complete absence. The use of furniture is very moderate. The main condition is to leave as much free space as possible. For the same purpose unite the premises. The highlight of Scandinavian design is the use of natural wood in decoration. Strict white furniture, simple lamps, eco-decor - these are the main components of the northern interior.
This style has one feature - deconstructionism. Different for the purpose of the premises are decorated in different styles. In the library or cabinet, gothic can reign, in the women's boudoir rococo, and in the living room - baroque. Interiors in this style are characterized by antique furniture made of precious woods, arched and gothic windows, stucco molding on the ceiling and walls, expensive textiles and antique accessories - paintings by famous artists in carved frames, antique clocks, priceless vases and statuettes. Luxury is the main feature of this direction.
If you are attracted by the east, indulge yourself in an interior delicacy oriental orientation. When decorating a house in this style, give preference to such tones as red, ash pink, blue, brown white. Walls are finished with plaster or draped with fabrics. The floor is tiled, mosaic, natural stone. Furniture should be made of expensive breeds. Sofas and puffs are selected soft and squat. Indispensable attributes - lancet arches, carpets, luxurious curtains, precious vases, intricate lights, hookah.
Style includes receptions, time-tested. Characteristic features of this style:
- presence of the compositional center, symmetrical arrangement of architectural groups, furniture, decor, several lighting devices;
- luxurious furnishings - especially for rococo and baroque;
- use of natural materials - precious metals, natural stone, wood, fabric, stucco.
The main features of modern style - the desire for the functionality of objects, to create an open and understandable space. The interior is dominated by a neutral color palette. For the style is characteristic of the rejection of excessive decor, limited use of textiles, the use of the latest materials in the interior - glass, vinyl, plastic, as well as works of contemporary artists. The development of a variety of lighting scenarios is welcome.
Interior in the style of minimalism
The main condition of minimalism is a maximum of free space, a minimum of furniture of appliances and partitions, the functionality of interior items, a complete lack of accessories, the rejection of bulky chandeliers. Finishing is carried out in a certain color scheme. Most often it is white or gray, but also metallic shades, the color of stone, brick or natural wood can be used. Internal walls replace light structures that pass light well. Preference is given to natural materials with rough texture. Furniture is selected by simple geometric shapes.Read also: Interior design of the house +150 photo
The loft style assumes freedom from conventions, disobeying stereotypes. Typically, this is one room with high ceilings and vast windows, divided into zones using design techniques - color accents, the arrangement of furniture groups, a glass partition, a screen. Loft - a harsh interior, where the room resembles an abandoned shop or warehouse. This style "likes" brick, rusty metal, untreated wood, concrete, stone. In decoration and even in accessories there is no place for bright colors. In the design will be appropriate graffiti, avant-garde paintings, advertising brochures.
In high-tech style
Style involves the use of modern technology. The interior is dominated by clear lines and simple shapes, glass, plastic, and chrome metal are actively used. The technique is put on display and the rest of the interior elements must match it. A variety of lighting devices should be strictly shaped. Highlight accepts bright shades in combination with black and gray.
In the style of Provence
Provence is chosen by lovers of romance. This is a soft, light style with such characteristic features as:
- plaster in the decoration of the walls;
- aged items of furniture;
- massive beams on the ceiling;
- forged accessories;
- an abundance of flowers and floral ornaments;
- natural materials;
- finishing in gentle pastel colors.
How to be with the stairs: hide or highlight
A staircase in multi-level interiors is a central element, around which all space is built. She can stand out and be the main decoration of the room or on the contrary not attract attention. The area of the townhouse is not particularly large, and therefore the staircase may seem too cumbersome. There are various design tricks that help make this important element less noticeable. This is the contrasting color of the inner part of the steps, and the painting of the side walls in one tone with the walls, the use of glass steps.
Three variants of constructions:
- Marching - the design consists of several ladder marches connected by platforms.
- Boltzovye - steps are fixed by metal rods to the adjacent wall, visually look light and airy.
- Screw - least eat up area, but you need to consider that their width should be sufficient for skidding furniture.
Features of a townhouse with a penthouse
House with an attic - what could be more romantic? The difference between this structure and the usual one is that the upper living tier is in the attic. The roof slopes serve as a ceiling. The construction of the attic reduces the costs of construction work and materials. Through the windows, a huge amount of light is pouring into the roof - an excellent energy saving. As a result, you get a room with a non-standard layout - expanse for the designer.
Townhouse is an excellent accommodation for a small family. A spacious room, proximity to nature, accessibility of civilization - what else is needed for comfortable living.