Updating the bed rest is an effective way to transform the room. Thinking about the option of the headboard, it is necessary to take into account the style of the interior and the material of the product.
Ideas are taken from different sources: ethnic elements, landscapes, cities and countries of the world, as well as planning for Feng Shui.
Ideas for a headboard
The headboard is included with the bed, but can be manufactured separately.
There is a classification of products:
- Stationary models are part of the bed. They can not be removed without breaking the frame, but you can decorate.
- Hinged elements are performed by independent forces or are created to order.
- The headboards are considered a separate piece of furniture. In this case, a screen or modular structures are used.
Hinged and attached products are characterized by mobility.
A soft headboard for a bed is popular. This design creates a warm and cozy atmosphere. In addition, models are characterized by soundproofing qualities.
For decorating the headboard, textile or leather is used. The material is selected for the color of curtains or carpet.
The idea of decorating the headboard with pillows will appeal to lovers of reading before going to bed.
Decoration buffets suitable for a bedroom, decorated in retro style.
Look curly headboards, which are covered with fabric.
Backs of smooth panels are suitable for bedrooms in minimalist styles.
The decoration of the wooden headboard will give the interior elegance and simplicity.
Materials are used that are combined with flooring or furniture.
A mirror is used to decorate the bed rest and create visual effects in the bedroom.
If there is no backrest, then the back wall is formed using paint or wallpaper. Polished panels are used for supports or shelves with different accessories. There are interesting solutions for the design of a narrow bedroom.
Interior style and headboard choice
When choosing a bedside, the design of the room is taken into account. Accessories are combined with each other.
You can consider the following options for the design of the headboard, depending on the overall interior:
- For country style, headboards made of wood or panels are recommended. An idea with a headboard in the form of doors from boards is suitable, behind which shelves in a niche can hide.
- The back in the style of Provence is decorated with fabric upholstery with small flowers and ornaments.
- Photo wallpapers and plant motifs are suitable for ecostyle.
- Antique items and restored items are welcomed in the cheby-chic. Headboard is made in white colors, which emphasizes the effect of antiquity.
- The sea style is characterized by a blue-blue color scheme. Used paintings or photographs with marine themes.
- A wooden or soft headboard with buffers is used in the classic interior. Stucco molding and wallpaper are welcome.
- Eclecticism welcomes the use of a variety of materials. Black-and-white headboards with high-tech elements are used.
- Original looks back in ethnic style. Oriental motifs are used.
- Style Boho combines bright colors, vintage products and unusual textile accessories. Wooden gratings, boards with the effect of antiquity and a bed with illumination in the headboard are used.
An unusual solution is design with art forging. Forged elements are painted white.
As an option, carved details made of wood or a headboard with geometric lines, which are cut out of wood, are used.
Headboard features with shelves
A good idea is a bed with shelves in the headboard. They are used for arranging books, magazines or for decorative items. A lamp is attached to the shelf.
The optimum number of shelves is one or two. At the same time, the upper one is used for decorative purposes, and everything necessary is placed on the lower one.
With the help of a color solution, emphasis is placed on the bedside back. White shelves fit into any interior.
The shelves create an interior with a library.
The color of the shelves is combined with the color palette of padded stools and curtains.
If the headboard has a niche, then the shelves are installed inside. Color lighting is mounted in the design of the shelf and decorates the interior.
Looks in the interior of the shelf in the headboard for the width of the bed. Shelves can be open and closed. Use a bed with thumbs on the headboard.
How to make a head with your own hands
When designing a bedroom, the actual question is: how to make the head of the bed with your own hands?
The headboard at the bed has many advantages. In addition to the decorative function, it is used for practical purposes. You can rely on it or install shelf structures.
Drape cloth is used. At the same time wear-resistant and dust-repellent material is used.
If the bed is installed in the center of the room and the headboard is used as an element of zoning, racks and shelves will fit.
To make a headboard with your own hands you need a plywood, from which the desired figure is cut. Take foam rubber, a construction stapler and a dense fabric, which is in harmony with the color solution in the bedroom.
The product is executed as follows:
- Two foam layers are applied to the cut plywood.
- A piece of cloth of the right size is selected. It is fixed on the perimeter of the plywood from the back side with the help of a construction stapler.
- Then close the dense fabric from the wrong side.
A soft head with buttons is made. For this purpose, the position of the buttons is marked on the chipboard sheet, and thin holes are drilled. One side is smeared with glue and fixed on it, cut to size, foam rubber.
Then this part is wrapped in a cloth and attached to the back side by staples.
The woolen thread extends through the holes and is removed to the front side. Then the button is worn, and the thread extends through the adjacent hole.
The bed is placed on the end and the upper edge is marked. Hooks are screwed on the back side and mounted on the dowels.
The buttons are selected on the legs, and the fabric is made of silk or satin.
Addition to the headboard with this design will be bed linen with the same decor.
A beautiful headboard will create a lively and original interior. If you choose a quality material and show a little imagination, this element can be made by yourself.Photogallery Total | 6 photos