To date, wooden houses are quite popular. People once again want to return to the traditional material. In this connection, the question arises as to which windows in a wooden house it is better to put. So, the owner of the house should choose between plastic and wooden windows. Below Dekorin will give some recommendations so that you know how to choose windows for a wooden house.
Windows in a wooden house: photos and options
Sooner or later, before the owner of the house, the question arises as to which windows to choose, wooden and metal-plastic ones. Advantages of wooden windows are as follows:
- Remarkably fit into the interior of any wooden house, while retaining its original style;
- Wood is environmentally friendly material;
- Thanks to such windows, natural ventilation (between the street and the house) is possible;
- The service life is quite high, provided that the wooden windows are properly maintained.
There are some drawbacks, among which are the influence on the tree of various factors. Unfortunately, manufacturers sometimes use poor-quality wood, because of what it can eventually lose its former appearance, crack or change its shape. In addition, the tree needs periodic painting.
Plastic windows in the wooden house also have their own characteristics. The advantages of such windows include:
- The most important thing is that the plastic windows are strong and reliable;
- Sound insulation and airtightness at a higher level, compared to wooden windows;
- PVC windows in the wooden house are durable and unpretentious in the care.
The disadvantages include the aesthetic side of the issue. Not everyone likes the combination of a wooden house and foreign plastic windows. Although today window manufacturers have taken care of the owners of wooden houses and produced special suitable models. In such windows, plastic in texture and color is similar to wood. Also metal-plastic windows do not let air in, in connection with which the house becomes stuffy and musty.
So, you got acquainted with the advantages and disadvantages of wooden and metal-plastic windows. Now it's up to you to decide which option you will choose for your home.
You will be interested in: How to buy good windows - photos, design, specifications
Casing for windows in a wooden house: advantages
The planks on the windows in the wooden house play a significant role in the creation of the facade. Thanks to the platbands you can create the integrity of the composition, as well as visually reduce or enlarge the opening of the windows. These products are beautiful and original, and still make the appearance of the building complete. However, the platbands serve not only for the aesthetic appearance of the house. They also perform the following functions:
- The underlining of windows, due to which the latter become more expressive and vivid;
- Change the window opening (visual). This technique will be needed if the window needs to be narrowed or increased;
- The planks again emphasize the general style of the house;
- Also, these products perfectly conceal the seams of the window, so that it does not pass through the cold into the house.
The planks on the windows in the wooden house really should be installed, because in this way you not only decorate the housing, but also protect the windows from destruction, and your house from the cold. To date, the market has provided a wide range of casings, which means that you will definitely pick something up to your taste.