Multifunctional spaces have long won our hearts. So the kitchen has ceased to be a place solely for cooking. In modern interiors it often becomes also a place of rest and reception of visitors. A good conversation and a pleasant pastime requires a comfortable design. The small sofa in the kitchen with a bed will help to relax and restore strength. Still dreaming of cosiness in the kitchen? Dekorin has already made up his mind about how to pick up a compact sofa with a bed, and is ready to share it with you.
Small-sized sofas for the kitchen with a sleeper: to install or not?
First, let's talk about the main pluses and minuses of having a sofa with a sleeping place in the kitchen. When you get a small sofa in the kitchen with a bed, you get such advantages:
- Owners of modest apartments will be unspeakably pleased with the additional sleeping place.
- Due to the presence of drawers in the sofa, it becomes possible to hide from the eyes of little-used, but certainly necessary things.
- There is a cozy place to relax with a cup of your favorite drink.
- The place of food intake, of course, becomes more comfortable.
- Kitchen, without losing its main function, easily turns into an elegant living room.
Possible shortcomings and solutions:
- The amount of free space is significantly reduced. In this case, install a neat mini sofa in the kitchen with a bed.
- Cooking experiments of the owners during cooking and direct tasting of food can contaminate the surface of upholstered furniture. During the purchase we emphasize the properties of the upholstery material. As an alternative, we also purchase a special protective cover.
- The need for a good ventilation system to remove odors. A quality hood in the place of cooking in any case will not hurt.
A small sofa in the kitchen with a bed: we make a choice together
Armed with tape measure, go to the kitchen and estimate the amount of space in which it is planned to place upholstered furniture. We remember that the premise is primarily intended for cooking. Places should be enough for free movement. Since we need not just a kitchen sofa, but a small sofa in the kitchen with a sleeping place, we are determined with the mechanism of its transformation. We correlate the dimensions of the free space and the decomposed sofa.
Features of the configuration of the kitchen space play a big role when choosing a model of upholstered furniture. Most often in kitchens with a small cubature place small-sized angular and direct sofas. The corner model of upholstered furniture in the kitchen is the most advantageous option. It is compact, replaces chairs and adds comfort in the dining area. It can be used to separate the kitchen space. Such a sofa is located in a corner, along one or two walls.
Read also: Folding sofa in the kitchen - 40 photos of beautiful models
The direct version of the sofa is more mobile. Most often use a narrow sofa in the kitchen with a bed. Particularly appropriate, this kind of upholstered furniture will be in rooms of elongated shape. Such a small sofa in the kitchen with a bed is usually located against the wall opposite the work area. Models with a high back will help you take a comfortable position while eating and really relax, resting in a circle of friends.
Compact sofa in the kitchen with bed: stylistic solution
Having decided on technical issues and sizes, we turn to design. A compact sofa in the kitchen with a bed can both supplement the overall composition, and become a bright accent-highlight of the interior. Choosing a sofa, often repelled from the general color and stylistic solutions of space. The predominance of natural textures in the kitchen will contribute to the choice of calm colors of furniture (ivory, coffee, linen, anthracite, chocolate, cream).
A compact sofa in the kitchen with a sleeping place of juicy bright color (crimson, azure, mint, sapphire, lemon, scarlet) can be an excellent accent in the design of the kitchen. Support the general idea of the designer use for upholstery upholstery materials with ornaments, patterns.
Traditionally, the materials for kitchen furniture are leather and its substitutes. They poorly absorb fumes, liquids and odors, are easy to clean from dirt, durable with proper care. Alternatively, you can also use flock, jacquard or specially treated velor.
To summarize, we can say that a small sofa in the kitchen with a sleeping place will make your kitchen cozy, hospitable and comfortable for rest. In such a kitchen, you can always find time to relax and have a cup of tea.