When deciding on the decorative finish of the ceiling, it is worth paying attention to the stretch ceilings of PVC. They correspond to the spirit of the times, high-tech, and most importantly - they allow us to realize the most daring design intentions.
Two-level stretch ceiling black and white for a spacious hall - the right solution for a city apartment.
The ceiling is a soft beige shade with correctly selected lighting.
Classic genre - glossy stretch ceilings PVC white.
In this article, read:
- 1 A bit of theory
- 2 Installation and assembly of the panel
- 3 Disadvantages of ceilings
- 4 Some recommendations for the care of modern tension PVC flows. Video
- 5 Stretch PVC ceilings in the interiors of urban apartments and country houses
A bit of theory
The idea of decorating the ceiling space with the help of a cloth stretched on a special frame was used by our distant ancestors. Initially, the fabric was stretched on the frame, and he, in turn, was fastened to the ceiling. As the technology developed, instead of cloth, a special film made of polyvinylchloride (PVC) was used, but the fabric was used as the main element of the cloth at the present time. Depending on the material used, the following types of stretch ceilings are distinguished:
- Fabric seamless - a material fastened on a special frame, is a textile sheet, supplied in rolls up to five meters wide, impregnated with a special polyurethane mixture. Modern industry produces, in addition to white, the most traditional color for the decoration of the ceiling, and a large number of different colored fabrics.
- Stretch ceilings on the basis of a vinyl film - as a material the polyvinylchloride film is used. In addition to a huge number of color solutions, vinyl films differ in their texture (glossy, matte and cotton). The glossy surface creates a mirror effect, the matte structure, on the contrary, excludes any reflections and emphasizes the color solution. Satin texture is similar in characteristics to matte, but the reflecting properties are more pronounced.
Point lighting is always advantageously combined with stretch ceilings of PVC.
Matt stretch PVC ceilings for a guest room in a country house. The multi-tier construction of ceilings looks interesting in light beige and dark brown color.
The glossy stretch ceiling of PVC imitates the night sky, the starry sky. Great idea for a bedroom or a children's room.
Installation and assembly of the panel
The order of installation of stretch ceilings and the equipment used in this case depend on many factors, but first of all it is necessary to divide the ceilings into two large groups:
- Stretch ceilings of cold installation - regardless of the methods of fastening the decorative cloth by the cold installation method, all fabric constructions are performed. The edges of the canvas are laid in a baguette, stretching is performed as the installation.
- Tension ceilings of a hot installation - this method is used to mount structures made of vinyl film. The property of a vinyl film is softened by heat. PVC ceiling is heated with an industrial hair dryer, after which its edges are filled in a baguette. As the cooling cools, the cloth stretches, and the surface becomes perfectly even.
White glossy ceilings with properly selected lighting.
The contrasting combination of white and black will look harmonious in any interior.
By the method of sealing, the edges of the panels are divided into bezarpoon and harpoon. Harpoon is a special PVC cord, fixed around the perimeter, which, in fact, is laid in a baguette.
As a rule, all stretch ceilings of PVC by the method of fastening the harpoon, while the fabric - are hornless.
The variety of PVC films, both in color and texture, allowed designers to apply their combinations, thus creating a separate direction - combined stretch ceilings. Single-level stretch ceilings use a combination of different PVC films of different colors.
A more complex solution is to combine not only colors, but also textures of materials. For example, the combination of a matte perimeter and glossy center creates the effect of a huge mirror on the ceiling, framed by a frame. Multi-level combined stretch ceilings use solutions that are well-tested in gypsum board construction. Zoning of the room is achieved by a multi-level construction of the combined tension ceiling.
At the same time, one of the levels is performed by traditional means used to create solutions based on gypsum board, and the interior space is draped, like combined stretch ceilings, with a cloth.
This solution allows us to place powerful fixtures in the plasterboard part of the structure, minimizing their influence on the main surface, which has the property of stretching and sagging under the influence of the heat emitted by the luminaires. When combined stretch ceilings are used, this allows designers to create original and unique solutions, thus emphasizing the individuality and identity of the owners.
Exquisite ceiling for a spacious living room is especially relevant in conditions of insufficient natural lighting.
Correctly decorated ceiling in the hallway. Point lighting - the most acceptable option for stretch ceilings PVC.
Two-level stretch ceiling PVC in the living room of the city apartment. Conceptual lighting is a good design move.
Disadvantages of ceilings
When deciding on decorating a room with a combined tension ceiling, you should know about the intricacies of installation and operation:
- high price of manufacturing and installation of such a structure in comparison with a similar solution from gypsum board;
- a limitation on the power of the luminaires to be installed - this applies to a greater extent to vinyl film ceilings;
- the difficulty in washing - stretch ceilings can not be dismantled, and the material based on PVC is very gentle and fragile, it can easily be damaged even by a stopper from carelessly opened champagne. Fabric stretch ceilings are much stronger, but the price of a solution based on a fabric fabric is higher than a solution based on PVC;
- unlike ceilings on a fabric basis, to determine if stretch ceilings made of PVC are harmful, can only be done after the final installation, and even after waiting a while.
If the smell from the new ceiling disappears in the first hours - it's a good choice. If the specific odor is eroded within a few days is an acceptable solution, but it is better not to be in this room during this period. And it will be very sad if a specific odor is present after a few weeks.
In conclusion, it is worth noting that in the pursuit of "price optimization" not all manufacturers can withstand technological regulations. But in general, stretch ceilings PVC meet all modern safety standards.
Luxurious stretch ceiling white-purple.
The multi-tier construction of stretch PVC ceilings along the gypsum-cardboard level is equipped with LED, built-in lamps.
The gentle peach ceiling in the color of the general interior decoration is equipped with lighting, divided into zones. LED lights above the sofa and two chandeliers on either side of the room.
Several recommendations for the care of modern tension PVC flows. Video
Stretch PVC ceilings in the interiors of urban apartments and country houses